Sign in to follow this  
BlueOceanBoy

Rosson Audio Design RAD-0

Hi Guys,

Anyone have any listening experience with Rosson Audio Design RAD-0 planars? I didn't see a thread. Similar pricing to ZMF Verite, Meze Empyrean, HifiMan HE1K, etc. No AUS distributor as yet

Cheers.

BoB

Not many around so doubt it.

They look stunning though. Shame about tthe $2600 USD pricetag and almost 700g weight :S

Getting impressive reviews and very interesting designs (if that matters as some would say SQ is everything). Weight as with original Audeze designs is on the heavier end.

I feel like a $2600 USD headphones needs to be a bit of work of art too. Something you want to keep, want to look at, then it needs to sound the part.

I can't bring myself to consider anything in that weight range. Maybe if I was loaded and had 10 pairs of headphones, but when its 2 sets at best, no chance.

I think 450-500g would be my upper limit.

Reduction in weight in the latest batch, seems new headband which helped drop the weight down to 550g.

@BlueOceanBoy, how are you finding the RAD-0s now after having them for a few/several months now?

I moved them on. I couldn't deal with the clamping pressure! And I have had a lot of Audeze and ZMF HPs!

Ah fair enough. New batch is supposed to reduce the clamping pressure as well. Likely to get a pair myself to try out. ZMFs seems to be the new hotness, that and the RAAL SR1a. So of the ZMF's you've tried, are the Auteurs the ones you prefer most?