Nitin Sawhney 20th Oct Melb Arts Festival

Nitin Sawhney 20th Oct Melb Arts Festival

https://www.festival.melbourne/2019/events/nitin-sawhney/?

saw him some decades ago and then more recently was plain amazing live. true artists, beautiful music

dammit... why does everything have to be on this weekend ? :D 

• Like 2

Damn, just finding out about this now.

I went to Nils Frahm last time he was at Hamer Hall. Sat in the stalls, about mid way back and in the middle. The sound was mind blowing.

I've checked remaining tickets and i can find a single seat up in the circle (first balcony) in the middle but about 7 rows back. Any idea or experience what its like up in the circle?

Likely i'll just giove it a go regardless..

Thanks for the heads up :)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wikeeboy said:

Damn, just finding out about this now.

I went to Nils Frahm last time he was at Hamer Hall. Sat in the stalls, about mid way back and in the middle. The sound was mind blowing.

I've checked remaining tickets and i can find a single seat up in the circle (first balcony) in the middle but about 7 rows back. Any idea or experience what its like up in the circle?

Likely i'll just giove it a go regardless..

Thanks for the heads up :)

the stalls  sounds like place to be ? though am not sure how good all the way back ?

we've regularly sat in the circle and higher level to. its all good :)

10 hours ago, Kensell21 said:

Wow just found out about this. Hmm I’m in bleak city until Monday. So I’m very interested.. I’ll have to see if there’s any tickets left..

seem to be some bus replacements ? or walk :) 

i'll likely drive ...:S 

arts centre park is usually pretty good :)

wow looks like only a very seats left i see. top of circle only or unless in a wheel chair or accompanying ! 

17 hours ago, Kensell21 said:

Wow just found out about this. Hmm I’m in bleak city until Monday. So I’m very interested.. I’ll have to see if there’s any tickets left..

I am off to see him tonight in Adelaide at the Festival Theatre! Not sure if sold out but perhaps check it out. He is doing the whole Broken Skin album...cant wait!!

• Like 2

Just now, SETfan said:

I am off to see him tonight in Adelaide at the Festival Theatre! Not sure if sold out but perhaps check it out. He is doing the whole Broken Skin album...cant wait!!

Sorry, just read your post properly and realised you're in Melbourne!

1 hour ago, SETfan said:

oh thats amazing cant wait till sunday :) 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Kensell21 said:

Ok ticket booked up in the rafters somewhere!! emoji16.png

Yep me too! Pretty excited to have found out at the last minute none the less and getting to see him :party

Thanks to the stereonet community for the tip :)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, wikeeboy said:

Yep me too! Pretty excited to have found out at the last minute none the less and getting to see him :party

Thanks to the stereonet community for the tip :)

I cant believe myself i just sort of found out last minute :D 

even get the art centre emails and all hehe

thank goodness could even get a ticket ! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, frednork said:

Just saw this, man so bummed I missed out. But thought I would check the site just in case, Got front row circle tickets for the whole fam !! Amazing!!  Still a few more good tickets left if you are interested..

Well done mate ?

I must say though, its bl.ody annoying that when i looked a few nights ago there was bugger all available and now it seems there are a heap that have been opened back up and released. There are better seats available now then when i purchased :emot-bang:

• Like 2

Nitin plays tonight in Melbourne at 8pm.

Two paper tickets available FREE as my wife has hurt her back this afternoon and we are unable to attend as planned.   :( 

Row H - super seats I secured back in early September.

If you can get to Bulleen to pick then up, they are yours.

OR I can put them in an UBER if you pay the driver?

Edited by candyflip
  • Like 1

Just returned from this wonderful concert.

New music for me. It was great to see all those individuals on stage performing at their finest..

Strange to see so many empty seats where I was. At least 50 plus. When I booked online Friday night, I was only given the option of 4 or 5 left.. Even taking no showers into account, there were blocks of seats not filled.

Anyway great concert for me all the same.. Looks like I’ll be making a few more music purchases..

• Like 1
  • Love 1

WOW ! am so glad was able to find out on this last minute and get to,

came back just earlier...

some might know i am really into nitin sawhney's music, to point the signature i have used on forums some nearly 15 years comes from Nitin's 2nd album Prophesy.

loved the start of the show with the rendition of sunset the opening track from that album.

It was wonderfull to hear the enchanting voice of nicki wells. how versatile and talented to cover so many genre's of singing.  and then  Eva stone ...goodness, i have not come across her before but what a pocket rocket this one is. And the violinist in ana Phoebe. pure amazing such energy ! I've known nitin too as mainly as a composer but didnt realise how talented he was in so many styles of guitar to piano and keyboard and singing. great little duo he did with the Tabla player Aref Duresh... funny how nitin nearly forgot about that one and had to be reminded hehe

There were some slightly new renditions of the tracks on the albums which i loved. couldn't believe some thought show was over and left at the end of the set, not realising nitin and troupe would of course return for an encore and what a return it was with deadman and prophesy that they did. absolutely loved prophesy done by both nitin on guitar and aref on tabla amazing what can be achieved with just a couple of instruments :) 

absolutely loved the show... great to revisit this classic 20 years old album and hear all of Nitin's on takes and background on each. couldn't help listening to some of the tracks in the car on way home and no doubt during the week will listen to more of his stuff

i'll have to explore some work of eva stone as well. :)

couple of great articles about nitin's tour and some back ground :) 

https://indaily.com.au/arts-and-culture/music/2019/10/18/ozasia-review-beyond-skin-revisited-nitin-sawhney/

https://www.smh.com.au/culture/music/i-don-t-feel-as-comfortable-nitin-sawhney-on-the-uk-s-racist-shift-20191016-p53164.html

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kensell21 said:

Just returned from this wonderful concert.

New music for me. It was great to see all those individuals on stage performing at their finest..

Strange to see so many empty seats where I was. At least 50 plus. When I booked online Friday night, I was only given the option of 4 or 5 left.. Even taking no showers into account, there were blocks of seats not filled.

Anyway great concert for me all the same.. Looks like I’ll be making a few more music purchases..

agree.. dont understand it, the entire row in front of me was empty... still as far back as i was ... one row before the last in the stalls... i was suprised how good even that was. hamer hall is an excellent venue.  great to hear you enjoyed it kensell. :)