Sign in to follow this  
tchye nguyen

SOLD: FS: KENWOOD CD PLAYER LD 1

Item: Kenwood CD player LD 1 
Price: $1400
Item Condition: Very Good. 
Reason for selling: Too many CD and CD Transport
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, COD Only, bank transfer
Extra Info: This Kenwood CD player is very rare and hard to find had been service and not use much, it is in mint condition. This unit is 240 volt. This unit had IEC upgrade to use difference power cable. Plenty of info on the Net. Please search Kenwood LD 1 the vintage knob. This Kenwood model is built by Accuphase Engineer and Accuphase part, this model had a name of CD turntable, it has a claim to place on top of disc and disc is turn upside down when play. Please pm me or surf the Net for more info. This unit come with original box, original remote control. No manual. Very heavy, over 20kg.

will donate after sale.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG_0957.JPG

IMG_0956.JPG

IMG_0958.JPG

IMG_0959.JPG

20190927_071301.jpg

20190927_071253.jpg

20191017_055503.jpg

Edited by tchye nguyen
Extra photos

This CD player is a keeper ...You would not buy an equivalent high quality player like this today for under 20K.

The build quality is second to none with the feather touch motorised lid. 

I can vouch for the sound quality of this unit  as I own a similar Deck the CDC -3500RG Denon 

I hope it goes to a Discerning Owner ....Maybe me :)...........

I have owned this player myself as well as the Kenwood L1000 series.

This player is very good as a transport as the dac is a little outdated but it has a very nice analogue sound similar to the Marantz CD94 & CD12 but better.It does need really good interconnects to make it shine.GLWTS

Edited by Conrad1970

25 minutes ago, Conrad1970 said:

I have owned this player myself as well as the Kenwood L1000 series.

This player is very good as a transport as the dac is a little outdated but it has a very nice analogue sound similar to the Marantz CD94 & CD12 but better.It does need really good interconnects to make it shine.GLWTS

Great CDP here guys! 

As far as it sounding better than a Marantz CD12 (still fetching $6K plus...) I very, very much doubt! 

GLWTS! 

12 minutes ago, Be Quiet...Listen said:

Great CDP here guys! 

As far as it sounding better than a Marantz CD12 (still fetching $6K plus...) I very, very much doubt! 

GLWTS! 

I had a CD12 too & the Kenwood is better but the CD12 has collectable value for what reason I don't know.

Not everything more expensive has to sound better as it comes to personal taste but I can tell you the Kenwood is a very good sounding player.

I had the matching LA-1 integrated amp & compared it to the Marantz PM95 which I also had at the time as I was the only person to have one in WA & I can tell you the Marantz PM95 in class A mode was better then the LA-1 but again not much better.Kenwood was at it's peak in sound quality when LA-1 & LD-1 was manufactured.Thanks 

Edited by Conrad1970

6 minutes ago, Conrad1970 said:

I had a CD12 too & the Kenwood is better but the CD12 has collectable value for what reason I don't know.

Not everything more expensive has to sound better as it comes to personal taste but I can tell you the Kenwood is a very good sounding player

Hmmm... It’s a crazy, subjective hobby we have! 

Great to hear we have people appreciate vintage audio. This unit is built by Accuphase and built like a tank. Very nice midrange. Selling due to paying for Wadia WT 2000s transport.

Edited by tchye nguyen

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pieterv
      Item Condition: Excellent 9 - 9.5/10 Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Adelaide State: South Australia Payment Method: EFT, Paypal Reason for selling: No longer required Further information: 
      Bought new from miniDSP September 2016. It has been an integral part of my system until recently and provides a serious upgrade for the money. Highly recommended.  
      It has been upgraded to Dirac 2.0 and includes the supplied remote. Also included is a bound set of printed instructions. I now use Roon convolution instead which reduced the box count. 

Please note: The price does not include the calibrated Umik-1 microphone. These are easily available but happy to talk about it.

You will have to change over the licence but that is apparently quite straight forward. miniDSP advise changeover can take a couple of working days.

• By wolfz
      Price: $300 Item Condition: excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Redland Bay State: Queensland Payment Method: PayPal Cash Reason for selling: Got an amp/dac all in one
      Extra Info:
       A few tiny marks (edge), not easy to see, no original box. Normal retail price new is $800.
      A very good sounding amp with two crossfeed stages and two gain settings.

Tech Data copied from Meyer:
      Sure, from the outside the CLASSIC looks very modest and plain. However, technically and sonically this is the best and most advanced amplifier that we've ever build.

Of course this amplifier also uses the concept of active balanced headphone ground. Within this concept each headphone connection wire carries an additional signal such that the sum of the potentials of the wires equals zero. This strongly minimizes the energies stored and released in the electrical fields inside the headphone cable when an audio-signal is applied. The influence of the wire on the sound is thus reduced.

Moreover, with active ground pollution of the internal signal ground by strong driving currents is eliminated and the power-supply-rejection-ratio at the output stages is strongly improved. Thus the best conditions are given for a clean and undistorted sound.

Active balanced headphone ground offers most of the advantages of a true balanced headphone setup without the need of balanced connections. It can be used with any conventional dynamic or magneplanar headphone.

The volume control is technically very sophisticated. The position of the potentiometer is measured with the use of an AD-converter. The output of this converter is then used to switch a bank of relais to set the proper volume level. There are a total of 64 levels which allows for very small stepsizes and a very analog feeling. The advantages of this concept are strongly reduced channel-imbalances and a much cleaner and more detailed sound. The use of a conventional stereo-potentiometer does add its own sonic signature which is now prevented.

The amplification section is build around AD797 opamps biased into class-A. For the output stages BUF634 buffer amplifiers are used. These integrated circuits are very fast and thus allows the output signals to follow the input signals very closely. The amp is DC-coupled and any capacitors found in the signal path are of the highest quality polypropylen and polystyrol.

A very extensive powersupply, a large number of power-regulators, and a total filter capacity of 80.000 microF (!!) assure the best working conditions for any part of the circuitry.

The built-in crossfeed filter is a frequency-extended version of the natural crossfeed found in previous CORDA amplifiers and provides even better imaging. It also offers three intensity levels (Stereo, medium, high). To compensate for the psycho-acoustic bass-loss a separate switch allows to slightly increase lower-frequencies.

Technically the CLASSIC is an extremely advanced headphone amplifier and offers excellent value-for-money!

• By tchye nguyen
      Item: SHUNYATA DIAMOND BACK 1.8M POWER CABLE TERMINATE IN FURUTECH AUSTRALIAN PLUG AND 20a C19 IEC REFER TO PHOTO.
      Price: $$450
      Item Condition: VERY GOOD LIKE NEW
      Reason for selling: NO LONGER REQUIRE
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, COD Only, BANK TRANSFER. POST AT BUYER COST
      Extra Info: I BOUGHT THIS CABLE SAME TIME I BOUGHT SHUNYATA HYDRA CYCLOPS FOR SALE ON STEREONET RIGHT NOW. THIS CABLE IS DESIGN TO GET BEST CURRENT FOR YOUR POWER AMPLI. PLEASE PM ME IF YOU NEED MORE INFO OR SEARCH THE WEB.

WILL DONATE AFTER SALE

• By tchye nguyen
      Item: SONY LASER ASSEMBLY KSS 331A Genuine. 
      Price: $280
      Item Condition: New never been use
      Reason for selling: Kenwood CD player LD1 had been sold no longer require. 
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, COD Only, bank transfer
      Extra Info: Bought new from Germany as a spare for Kenwood CD player LD1. Never been use. It is a genuine Sony KSS 331A ( not a Chinese cheap copy ) which might be able to use with other CD player please search the Web before buy.

will donate after sale.

• By tchye nguyen
      Item: CEC CD TRANSPORT MODEL TL51X
      Price: $650
      Item Condition: VERY GOOD. COME WITH ORIGINAL BOX ORIGINAL REMOTE AND CLAMP. 
      Reason for selling: TOO MANY CD PLAYER
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, COD POST AT BUYER COST
      Extra Info: THIS MACHINE HAD BEEN SERVICE AND BELT REPLACE BY CLARK AUDIO IN MELBOURNE. THIS BELT DRIVE IS A VERY VALUE FOR MONEY SOUND WARM AS IT IS A BELT DRIVE UNIT.
      WILL DONATE AFTER SALE.
      NOTE THIS IS A CD TRANSPORT REQUIRE A DAC