Sign in to follow this  
vinilink

VW recalls over 80000 cars over DSG transmission problems

Who would have thought?9_9

Looks like those are bad years to own a Golf, first the mechatronics recall, now this one.

I dare say there are some on the outside of this year range. My 07 needed a new mechatronics as well, but didnt get picked up in the first recall.

Unfortunately, one sour experience has ruined the whole VW/Audi/Skoda offering for me. Ive heard the new ones are fine, but people said that about the MK6 as well.

8 minutes ago, RockandorRoll said:

Unfortunately, one sour experience has ruined the whole VW/Audi/Skoda offering for me. 

Have very old Passat, probably best car I have owned, but boy, was it costly!  Turned off by their diesel scandal but totally soured when MD here blacklisted the auto clubs car of the year awards. That arrogance, and the refusal to admit they were wrong has made me lose all interest in VW.

had an 2011 golf with dsg, clutch was replaced twice in the warranty period and at 6 years  with only 70,000 kms was starting to play up again. 

traded it in. really loved driving it but i wanted to have some money to spend on sound gear not repairs lol 

12 minutes ago, Snoopy8 said:

That arrogance, and the refusal to admit they were wrong has made me lose all interest in VW.

much the same sentiment here also!

3 hours ago, Snoopy8 said:

Have very old Passat, probably best car I have owned, but boy, was it costly!  Turned off by their diesel scandal but totally soured when MD here blacklisted the auto clubs car of the year awards. That arrogance, and the refusal to admit they were wrong has made me lose all interest in VW.

MD? 

Friends of of mine have recent Passat for her with no issues, but his Tiguan (1.4t) has been in twice to have the airconditioning stripped and cleaned and at least once for gearbox issues. 

Doesnt made you keen on buying a s/h one ? 

Edited by cafe67

19 hours ago, rantan said:

Who would have thought?9_9

Yep.  I wouldn't touch the brand with a 10 foot pole.

1 minute ago, Kaynin said:

Yep.

The real problem is that on the test drive these ( VW/Skoda / are really good. Many people momentarily forget about the (ongoing) problems with the cars, the dealers attitude to warranty claims and the mid-to-long -term reliability.

They really are fool's gold.

as much as owned golf gti with dct and owned another hot hatch with one... i think the time for dcts have passed. autos ... conventional ones have got ... that ! good..not only in performance but also economy and number of gears 8-10 speeds really no need to go dct...

all that said I also wouldnt rule out buying a car with a DCT... if from certain makers...ford excepting :D 

recalls are a weekly part of day to day business for car makers... good its happening rather than under the carpet... 

49 minutes ago, Snoopy8 said:

Thank  you , this says it all " “VW Australia reportedly claims no payment is due to Australian consumers because the company broke no laws"

And and yet more problems for VW 

https://www.caradvice.com.au/800731/volkswagen-accc-diesel-case-settled-australia/

Edited by cafe67

Wife is is now on her 2nd performance DSG equipped VW/Audi with almost no issues. A couple of times her car appears to jump out of gear going from 1st to 2nd, but only happens reversing out of our driveway and has only happened once since her last service several months ago. There's a bit of a thud, you instinctively back off, then accelerate again and no further issues.

We are still trying to catch it on video so we have a log date/time for Audi to check on the next service.

I had more issues with my Ford Territory auto and traded it in as I was too scared to repair it out of warranty.

At least they offer a recall,  Unlike Ford that will never say there’s an issue.

2 hours ago, Kaynin said:

I wouldn’t touch the brand with any pole.......😂