I have the Primacoustic full and maxtrap delivered but have not got the time to setup. Hoping to set em up in coming weekends. 

Can provide the feedback in due course. 

I've got a Primacoustic London 12 kit, it worked well taming the first reflections from side walls and ceiling.

I put the larger pieces behind the mains but didnt notice any difference, other than looking cool.

Got a max trap.Does nothing (infect it made the measured response worse) but i do realize one needs more than one to make any substantial difference

2 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Got a max trap.Does nothing (infect it made the measured response worse) but i do realize one needs more than one to make any substantial difference

Where did you place it in the room? Why just 1 but not 2? 

1 minute ago, Chanh said:

Where did you place it in the room? Why just 1 but not 2? 

Picked it up whilst in Singapore visiting family years ago PITA to drag more than one back. Placed everywhere possible.

13 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Picked it up whilst in Singapore visiting family years ago PITA to drag more than one back. Placed everywhere possible.

**** this does not sound good for me..... I just spent over $5.5k on them. 

9 minutes ago, Chanh said:

**** this does not sound good for me..... I just spent over $5.5k on them. 

Don't fret just yet. As I mentioned I only had one which is hardly a bass solution  to most rooms. 

These are tuned panel absorbers and their placement is as important as the design. These are tuned to 100Hz and aimed for corner placement. Normally one would need to have them filling the whole corner height. However, sometimes panel absorbers work better if placed on the opposite wall from the speakers in the central position (just as a single panel). Also, it really depends what is the room mode that one is trying to counteract. If your room is dominated by a 40Hz standing wave, these corner traps will do very little. 

Needles to say, measure your room, identify the problematic areas and then plan the best way forward. Be careful though, acoustically dead rooms are not always resulting in the most enjoyable listening experience.     

I think membrane traps are made to target specific frequencies and only good in specific scenarios. The general consensus with bass traps are very dependant on how much room you have to work with, the more room you have -> less denser material is better. Here's a good calculator of comparing materials + airgap http://www.acousticmodelling.com/porous.php

1 hour ago, Snoopy8 said:

I like Sound Accoustics, not sure why they do not get enough attention here. Too cheap maybe? They publish info on the absorption profile in their brochure, something difficult to get from others. 

https://soundacoustics.com.au/product/bass-traps/lf70-corner-bass-trap-bear-series/

I had 4x these for my back walls from my experience they don't seem to do much. I replaced them with 250mm of full sized polymax xhd panels with 600mm airgap loaded on a simple ikea clothing rack, simple yet much more effective. 

30 minutes ago, essencez said:

I had 4x these for my back walls from my experience they don't seem to do much. I replaced them with 250mm of full sized polymax xhd panels with 600mm airgap loaded on a simple ikea clothing rack, simple yet much more effective. 

While I am not allowed bass traps in my family room, I know of someone else who used 2 each in all the corners and successfully tamed the bass.  These bass traps work more effectively in corners.

20 hours ago, Tubularbells said:

Interesting, can you remember how it measured worse?

I.e. was there more bass at certain frequencies where you didn't want or cuts where you didn't want, or both, or something else?

7 minutes ago, Satanica said:

Interesting, can you remember how it measured worse?

I.e. was there more bass at certain frequencies where you didn't want or cuts where you didn't want, or both, or something else?

Sorry that's a Q. for @frednork as I dont have any of the graphs. I just recall seeing zero effect on 50hz down and a slightly wobblier response above compared to without. FWIW it was situated in the corner of a double brick wall besides the left speaker.

I don't expect any of the bass traps mentioned here to do much if anything below 60h-80z. I'll continue to deal with them with EQ. But if they can tame frequencies 80 to 250Hz it might be worthwhile to me. 

Edited by Satanica

23 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Sorry that's a Q. for @frednork as I dont have any of the graphs. I just recall seeing zero effect on 50hz down and a slightly wobblier response above compared to without. FWIW it was situated in the corner of a double brick wall besides the left speaker.

Even if the measured response was not as good I wonder if actual ringing was reduced.

Edited by Satanica