FOUND: Harbeth P3ESR

Asakusa Kitsune

Item: Harbeth P3ESR or LS3 type
Price Range: approximately $2,000
Item Condition: New or Used
Extra Info: I've got the amps Luxman SQ38u as a primary and a Yamaha AS2100 as secondary but now on the hunt for a LS3 type speaker. If possible would love a SE or Anniversary type. 

Thanks for your help guys

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).

Edited by Asakusa Kitsune

3 minutes ago, Asakusa Kitsune said:

Item: Harbeth P3ESR or LS3 type
Price Range: approximately $2,000
Item Condition: New or Used
Extra Info: I've got the amps Luxman SQ38u as a primary and a Yamaha AS2100 as secondary but now on the hunt for a LS3 type speaker. If possible would love a SE or Anniversary type. 

Thanks for your help guys

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).

These are over your budget but are demo and will have warranty. Having heard the P3ESR and the Grahams I think the Grahams are vastly better.  The US listing might be close if you can get shipping.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Chartwell-LS3-5-Monitor-Loudspeaker-Cherry-exquisite-BBC-speakers-ex-Demo/163682431756

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis9hef2-graham-audio-chartwell-ls3-5-monitor-loudspeakers-monitors

34 minutes ago, PKay said:

These are over your budget but are demo and will have warranty. Having heard the P3ESR and the Grahams I think the Grahams are vastly better.  The US listing might be close if you can get shipping.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Chartwell-LS3-5-Monitor-Loudspeaker-Cherry-exquisite-BBC-speakers-ex-Demo/163682431756

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis9hef2-graham-audio-chartwell-ls3-5-monitor-loudspeakers-monitors

Thanks greatly for that. I notice that the seller has both the 3 / 5 as well as the 5 / 9 for sale. I'll be keeping these for many years so if the larger ones are better I could still afford these. The room is 14ft (4.3m) by 20ft (6.1m). It'll be be primarily used for classical and jazz. Speakers will be fairly close to the back wall. Can I ask which one you would go for? I'm thinking the smaller ones would be sufficient but the larger ones would provide more lower range which is important for full Orchestra pieces. 

Thank you greatly for your help. 

18 minutes ago, Asakusa Kitsune said:

Thanks greatly for that. I notice that the seller has both the 3 / 5 as well as the 5 / 9 for sale. I'll be keeping these for many years so if the larger ones are better I could still afford these. The room is 14ft (4.3m) by 20ft (6.1m). It'll be be primarily used for classical and jazz. Speakers will be fairly close to the back wall. Can I ask which one you would go for? I'm thinking the smaller ones would be sufficient but the larger ones would provide more lower range which is important for full Orchestra pieces. 

Thank you greatly for your help. 

I have the 5/9s and I think they are one of the best speakers around. Better than the equivalent Harbeth and at the current asking price well worth stretching the budget.  I will be keeping mine for a long time.

1 hour ago, Asakusa Kitsune said:

Thanks for your help guys. I've bought the chartwell ls3/5 as well as the stands that go with them. These are going to go well with the luxman tube amp I also recently bought. I'll put up some photos after it's all been set up. 

The best small speaker I have heard. You should be very happy. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 15/10/2019 at 2:19 PM, Asakusa Kitsune said:

Thanks for your help guys. I've bought the chartwell ls3/5 as well as the stands that go with them. These are going to go well with the luxman tube amp I also recently bought. I'll put up some photos after it's all been set up. 

photos and how do they sound in your room?