Sign in to follow this  
coolhand

FS: Faital Pro HF-108 (8 ohm) 1" (Pair) & B&C DE-250 (8 ohm) 1" (Pair) Compression Drivers

Item: Faital Pro HF-108 (8 ohm) 1" (Pair) & B&C DE-250 (8 ohm) 1" (Pair) 
Price: See below
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: NLR
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: 
Can ship to anyone, anywhere, at purchasers expense !

1 pair each of Faital HF-108 (8 ohm) 1" and B&C DE-250 (8 ohm) 1" compression drivers.

Exceptionally popular with DIY horn-speaker aficionados, both of these drivers are superbly smooth performers, with very uniform frequency response and excellent tonality aided by their Polymer (i.e: non-metallic) diaphragms.

Both pairs are essentially as new and function as such, with perhaps 50 hours of use between them.

I purchased (brand new) 4 pairs of different make/model compression drivers to measure and perform listening tests in a pair of horn speakers I've been developing, these 2 pairs are now surplus to requirements.

The HF-108 cost ~$650 Aud. landed from USSpeaker.com

http://www.usspeaker.com/Faital Pro HF108-1.htm

Asking: $500

The DE-250 cost ~$520 Aud. landed from USSpeaker.com

http://www.usspeaker.com/B&C-DE250-1.htm

Asking: $370

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

Faital Pro HF-108 Freq. Response.jpg

Compressions Drivers.jpg

B&C-DE250 Freq. Response.jpg

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By vong
      Item Condition: Good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Gunnedah State: New South Wales Payment Method: Paypal, EFT Reason for selling: NLR Downsizing system so these need to find a new home.

• By rockpig
      Item Condition: Brand new still sealed in original packaging Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Everton Park, Brisbane State: Queensland Payment Method: EFT or cash Reason for selling: Does not suit any of my gear
      Further information:
      Never opened, sealed in original packaging. Brand new.
      Spare part was purchased new with Dual CS 505 turntable back somewhere in the 80's I think.
      No longer have the TT so this is of no use to me.

• By DanFi
      Item Condition: OK for age 6/10 Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Junction State: New South Wales Payment Method: EFT Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

This has been sitting in storage for a while. Selling for dad. He hand built this along time ago with his electrician friend . I had it connected and is working just needs some cleaning. 

Remember listening to this through his big JBL speakers as a kid.

trips to Sydney happen every so often so this may be a possibility for delivery.

not sure how to price this one so please pm me even if youre not interested if you are able to help me out. 

Photos:

• By RankStranger
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Macleod or Coburg State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Not being used Further information:
      Tangent EVO E5A x 2

Some swirls in the finish but no chips. Good, solid, detailed sound. Each speaker incorporates its own amplifier so can be used individually or as a stereo pair. Includes 2 remote controls and a good ISIX 3m connecting cable

Small footprint is great for TV, kitchen or bedroom use or for your work from home desktop setup

Original price $1000 ($500 each). Very solid, well-made powered speakers. Working perfectly

Weight: 4.7kg each 
      Dimensions: 230 x 145 x 200mm each

Photos:

• By qlder75
      Item Condition: Used very lightly - excellent condition (no more than 200 hours but probably much less) Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Brisbane State: Queensland Payment Method: Paypal + 3%, EFT, Cash on pickup Reason for selling: Just too damn big for my space These speakers have an absolutely amazing sound and great bass - they are simply too big for my room.

When I initially started to make these I was going to recreate a pair of Klipsh Heresy, but for some reason thought "why not do a pair of larger speakers that will look like Cornwalls with the grills on instead?".  Well, I'll tell you why I shouldn't have done a pair of Cornwall clones - despite the fact that they look and sound absolutely amazing - The wife says they "are too damn big and way too awesome" (she may or may not have actually used the word awesome).

Anyway, I now have to settle for a pair of Tannoy Legacy Eatons.  The Eatons are now here and I need to recoup some of the money I spent on these beauties.

The price I am asking barely covers the cost of the high quality parts and the cabinet construction is great (if I do say so myself).

Parts/construction:

Audio Nirvana Super 12" AlNiCo Full range drivers Custom veneered cabinets made from 19mm veneered MDF Dimensions  -  850mm high   588 mm wide   396mm deep and heavy Cabinets are all biscuit joint construction and absolutely solid and heavy Fibreglass insulation Waxed veneered timber Flared ports with internal diameter from 85mm to 110mm at flared mouth Furutech Alpha s-14 speaker wire inside Genuine WBT-0710CU binding posts mounted to internal metal brackets Two sets of Cornwall badges for mounting to alternate grills Cane for grills - natural radio weave Linen for grills - 18 stitch natural lambswool floba eavenweave Unused binding plates Unused speaker spikes (for bases if wanted) leftover veneer and MDF for low base/floor stand if required  
      Designed so that when the grills are finished they will closely resemble Klipsh Cornwalls (but they look great without grills as well) - I just really wanted them to look like Cornwalls with the grills on.

I have included some photos of the construction process and some info on the drivers themselves below.

I have a video of the inside which shows the cabling and the insulation I can email to you.

If you are really interested it would definitely be a good idea to come and inspect and listen.

Any questions please simply ask.

Thanks for looking

Photos:

NB....some of the pictures are not the best quality but they look great up close (the top of the last photo looks funny because of the light only) .