Any experience with this seller?

If you're concerned as to whether the seller actually has the speakers then ask for a photo with the speaker and ebay account name in it.

As for provenance?  Ask for proof of purchase, or request serial numbers and go to Harbeth direct.

Edited by Kaynin

For that kind of money, I'd go see the things first. Wondering if it's worth the effort.

Kind of puzzled that someone selling a second pair in such a short time (so must be some kind of dealer) doesn't put more in the ad by way of description than corporate copy.

21 minutes ago, TPOK said:

Well-spotted. Seem legit - so why are they describing them as “Cherry”  in both ads, when the pics show ebony?

Umm... The ads read as Tiger Ebony to me

• Like 2

See audiomagic “product details” and ebay  “colour”. Just makesit stranger that a dealer does this - along with leaving out the salient stuff, like age, condition etc.  As I said, same with the last ad - no background on the item, and “cherry” (when they were the eucalypt). Maybe he’s got a template.

Perhaps not. Just that as a potentially interested buyer for what is a relatively expensive item (to me, anyway), I’d feel a bit more confident/inclined to follow up if the seller provided more salient information than the company blurb, and was accurate in the details. To me, not doing so gives the air a slight scent of rodent - though in light of above revelations I accept it’s all probably legit. Thanks to all for their observations.

On 12/10/2019 at 9:47 PM, TPOK said:

Perhaps not. Just that as a potentially interested buyer for what is a relatively expensive item (to me, anyway), I’d feel a bit more confident/inclined to follow up if the seller provided more salient information than the company blurb, and was accurate in the details. To me, not doing so gives the air a slight scent of rodent - though in light of above revelations I accept it’s all probably legit. Thanks to all for their observations.

Give Aleksandar at Audio Magic a call if you are interested. He is genuine and a fantastic bloke to deal with. You can buy with confidence from him. 

Edited by PKay
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PKay said:

Give Aleksandar at Audio Magic a call if you are interested. He is genuine and a fantastic bloke to deal with. You can buy with confidence from him. 

I second calling Aleksander, he is a great guy to deal with. Give him a call

• Like 2

The photographs of the speakers were taken in audiomagic showroom. ( I was there a month ago). If you have any concerns ring and visit. As other posters have commented, Aleksandar is genuine and very easy to deal with.

11 hours ago, Yngvi said:

Aleksander is probably the most genuine bloke in the industry I have dealt with.

Him and Harry and Norman from Audio Genesis in Sydney. Although AG don’t sell Harbeth. 

• Like 1

Bit late to this but just confirming they are the same pair I had for sale a while back. They didn't sell so went down to Melb to try. If you're genuinely interested in a pair of 40.2s, these sound as good as a brand new pair at nearly $10k off. The blemish is extremely minor, and in about the best place possible to have such a thing. You simply can't see it unless you sit behind the speaker and are directed to it. 

• Like 2