Comparing A5175 vs A500 Emotiva Power Amp

Hey all,
I am contemplating a 5-7 channel amp at the moment

my choices so far are

Emotiva A5175

Emotva A500

Emotiva A700

AMC 25100MK2

Just wondering of some opinions between the 2 and if the extra money is worth it to jump to the Emotiva A5175

Edited by MKSOUND_HT

On 11/10/2019 at 4:12 PM, MKSOUND_HT said:

my choices so far are

Emotiva A5175

Emotva A500

Just wondering of some opinions between the 2 and if the extra money is worth it to jump to the Emotiva A5175

If you ever change to more hard to drive speakers the extra headroom in the 5175 would be worth it ; their both stable into 4 ohms though unlike many avr;s  . Also depends on how loud you listen ; a bigger toroidal psu and capacitors wont strain to give the decibels with high dynamic range material when asked to do so :)

The A5175 is a newer design though I don't know if anything is fundamentally changed apart from the larger psu ? Good luck ; its amazing how much power amp watts have come down in price over the years ;)

Hi, i have the A5175, have had it for a little over 12 months now very pleased with it.  Run subsonic xm1 and xc1 with it,  xm1s bi amped.  The A5175 has far bigger heat sinks than the A500, so no cooling fans in the A5175, the A500 has 2. So one small advantage for the larger unit.

• 3 weeks later...

hey all

Thank you very much for all the feedback.

It definitely seems like the choice at the moment seems to be towards the A5175

My only issue now is contemplating a matching 2 channel emotiva amp I could use to add to the A5175 (with the same power settings)

The thoughts were now to consider a a700 emotiva so I could run 7 channels.

Just contemplating 5.1 vs 7.1 atm