Auralic Aries Fempto + Linear PSU

Item: Auralic Aires with Linear PSU
Price: $1350 including postage 
Item Condition: very good 
Reason for selling: no Android version app
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

I have just purchased from a friend, but just known it doesn't support android phone. Don't want to change phone to use it so let it go.

No original box but will pack securely to post.
Photos:

IMAG0397.jpg

IMAG0395.jpg

IMAG0396.jpg

IMAG0398.jpg

• Like 1

A reasonably up to date IPad will also do the trick, in may respects its better as the album art is on a bigger screen. iPad could be had for very reasonable amount, thus negating the need for the iPhone. 

Neo

Edited by Neo
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, dolphy said:

You can use Buble PNP to play music. It also allows for music services like Tidal, Spotify etc

Anyway, I need to use iOS device to setup it before using it.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mikety said:

Anyway, I need to use iOS device to setup it before using it.

you can use a web browser on your android phone to set it up.  no need for IOS.

(source - I borrowed one and got it working without any apple gear)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Pebbles said:

+1

+2 You will need to pay twice as much for anything in the current market to get this level of quality.

I have one of these units and I do not intend on selling it anytime soon.

• Like 2

I too have one of these devices - it's definitely a keeper!

I use an older iPad that does not support the Auralic app, but am quite happy with third party applications such as Linn Kinsky. You can also use BubbleUpnp on Android devices - which I tried, but prefer the Linn to that.

I did have to use my wife's iPad (which supports the auralic app) to set up the device - you could borrow one from family/friends

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, anandpkumar said:

I too have one of these devices - it's definitely a keeper!

I use an older iPad that does not support the Auralic app, but am quite happy with third party applications such as Linn Kinsky. You can also use BubbleUpnp on Android devices - which I tried, but prefer the Linn to that.

I did have to use my wife's iPad (which supports the auralic app) to set up the device - you could borrow one from family/friends

there is a backend on a web browser (phone or computer) that you can use to get into the settings 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DaveH1 said:

Forgive my ignorance, but if you were just using it as a Roon endpoint, would you be able to control it via the Roon app?

Can't see your signature, so not sure what gear you're running.

I am using one Pioneer N-70AE as streaming DAC and one Sony HAP-Z1ES as a music server. Haven't found the reason why do I need this. 

15707641430632567691501640129745.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cambam007 said:

Would be worth your effort to borrow an ipad to plat around with it and see the difference before moving it on

Just confirm it can be used with android device but I find it's little bit inconvenient with third party app.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 3:10 PM, Mikety said:

Item: Auralic Aires with Linear PSU
Price: $1350 including postage 
Item Condition: very good 
Reason for selling: no Android version app

I suggest that you don't give up on this. I bought exactly the same model of Aries and LPSU and I love its sound quality, ease of use (with iPhone or iPad) and streaming from Tidal or networked music. Lightning DS would not work on my old iPad 1st gen, but worked fine on an old iPhone 6S. Seeking a larger screen, I bought an iPad Air 2 with a slightly sticky 'home' button, for $250 on local eBay. It's a bargain.

The Aries is worth it for the minimal cost of a suitable used iPhone or iPad of which there are many choices at reasonable cost on eBay etc.

Edited by lenticularis
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, lenticularis said:

I suggest that you don't give up on this. I bought exactly the same model of Aries and LPSU and I love it's sound quality, ease of use (with iPhone or iPad) and streaming from Tidal or networked music. Lightning DS would not work on my old iPad 1st gen, but worked fine on an old iPhone 6S. Seeking a larger screen, I bought an iPad Air 2 with a slightly sticky 'home' button, for $250 on local eBay. It's a bargain.

The Aries is worth it for the minimal cost of a suitable used iPhone or iPad of which there are many choices at reasonable cost on eBay 

Good reason to keep it

Edited by Phuong