Can I disable/bypass my Denon AVR-2808 pre-amp?

Hi all,

I have a Denon AVR-2808 receiver which I believe (user manual does not confirm) has an inbuilt pre-amp.

This is handy as I use it to play a Dual 1019 turntable which does not have an inbuilt pre-amp.

However, I am wanting to purchase a standalone pre-amp to use with the turntable for a couple of reasons.

My concern is that I am not able to disable/bypass the inbuilt pre-amp in the Denon AVR-2808...

If I cannot disable/bypass it, is it problematic having the turntable signal pass through 2 x pre-amps and then the AVR-2808's amplifier itself?

Thanks,

Mitch.

A pre amp and a phono amp are two different things, sound a little like you are getting the terminology mixed up.

If you want to use a different phono

amp just run it into the cd input. Not the phono input, that would not be good.

Edited by Dwizzle
Spelling error

3 minutes ago, Dwizzle said:

A pre amp and a phono amp are two different things, sound a little like you are getting the terminology mixed up.

If you want to use a different phone amp just run it into the cd input. Not the phono input, that would not be good.

Apologies for the terminology mix up.

Sounds good, I will connect my Dual 1019 to an appropriate external pre-amp and then connect it to the Denon via the CD input.

Thanks.

• Like 1