Starting from scratch stereo system

3 hours ago, dmak said:

Oooof! Beautiful! Hard to go past the Silver, hopefully someone decides to sell theirs soon. How do you control your mac mini ? Do you have a screen hooked up or to the TV ? Im thinking i will convert my space macbook air laying around into a media server. 

I am running bootcamp windows 10 on it with wireless keyboard and mouse and monitor.  Usb connection to the M-DAC.  I am thinking of getting a bluesound or wireless streamer of  some sort to replace the M-dac.

• Like 1

On 16/11/2019 at 7:57 AM, NoS9 said:

Not sure if it's a drawback.. but it doesn't have a built-in DAC like other integrated - but  some will say that's a good thing.  I am running this with a M-DAC, a Mac Mini and a Synology Nas for all my digital music and a Rega RP3 for my vinyl.

Yes tha look - when your setup looks good...the music will automaticallly sounds good...:P

Attached some pics to tempt you..:P

That setup looks nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Update, am now the owner of a Schiit Saga preamp and Schiit Vidar power amp, just ordered a pro-ject phono box s2 from the sales and will be purchasing a Topping d50s soon. Currently only way of playing anything is via 3.5mm headphone to rca from my macbook pro which isnt ideal.

34 minutes ago, Dmak said:

Update, am now the owner of a Schiit Saga preamp and Schiit Vidar power amp, just ordered a pro-ject phono box s2 from the sales and will be purchasing a Topping d50s soon. Currently only way of playing anything is via 3.5mm headphone to rca from my macbook pro which isnt ideal.

Great to know that your kit is coming along. Great fun.

Wow I never heard of Schiit, Made in USA. Looks very interesting stuff, a very interesting company with soul. Hopefully one day I will get the chance to hear one.