How fast are Sennheiser with warranty/qc issues

So sense like a simple question. Bought some hd820 in Brisbane, the headphones are really nice and sound amazing but have a issue with the headband, it doesn't click in place or hold adjustments on one side properly and just sounds like it's scraping on the metal band. I spoke to the shop I bought them from was hoping in a quick turnaround like send a new headband and replace but... Nope. Allegedly need to be sent to Melbourne for assessment. 

9 minutes ago, Marc said:

Odd, Sennheiser are Sydney based.

I'll alert Sennheiser to this thread, maybe they can help.

I just assumed Melbourne or just heard wrong. Thanks for the help.

Dropping them off to the store tomorrow afternoon but inconvenient as sold all my other headphones when bought these a week ago so just bad timing as per usual especially if I lose these for an extended period.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, sly_bastard said:

I just assumed Melbourne or just heard wrong. Thanks for the help.

Dropping them off to the store tomorrow afternoon but inconvenient as sold all my other headphones when bought these a week ago so just bad timing as per usual especially if I lose these for an extended period.

Maybe the shop will loan you a pair of their demo headphones while you wait. Worth asking.

• Administrator

I spoke to Sennheiser who have also informed their service department of your issue.
They'll be expecting them, so hopefully you'll get a turnaround that is as fast as possible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marc said:

I spoke to Sennheiser who have also informed their service department of your issue.
They'll be expecting them, so hopefully you'll get a turnaround that is as fast as possible.

Thanks muchly Marc, it shouldn't take long if they accept the issue.

It's just replacing the left to headband mould which grabs the metal top plate as it seems it just allowing to much room for the grip but will see. 

Between 0 and impressed am at "not very" ATM. Dropped the headphones off last Wednesday and they hadn't left Brisbane yesterday. 

So had a look at another pair of hd820 and dinner hd800s and they both had a similar issue to mine the right locking mechanism of the headphones was way looser them the left (both weren't as bad as my set though). Is it more of a general issue with the higher models of Sennheiser.

Not sure how will go with it ATM wasn't filled in confidence by the store.

Lucky I bought some focal elear from addicted to audio and received them next day otherwise would have nothing for an extended period.

• 2 weeks later...