SOLD: FS: Tannoy Monitor Gold 12 ...Original

SOLD

Item: Pair of Tannoy Monitor Gold 12 speakers in original condition
Price: $2500
Item Condition: In fair to very good condition 
Reason for selling: deceased estate
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: These speakers belonged to my father in law who recently passed away (i'm back in Australia to help with things through the process) - He had them since new (purchased in NZ and brought to Aus in the 80s) He was a piano player and only ever played classical music through them. I'm not sure they've even been used more than a handful of times in the last 20 years. 

front_view.thumb.jpg.e6b5e05ff8404a35b86c870e9fee3b9e.jpg

The interior -drivers and cross overs - are immaculate with the rubber shrouds showing no signs of deterioration. The cabinets have some fading on the top surface (see photos) which could be renovated. The rest of the cabinets are in fair condition given their age. I'd think some sensitive attention would result in a successful restauration without too much difficulty.

They are currently being amplified with some kind of sony AV thing so not a great reference yet on the weekend i had a couple of listening sessions with them and they present a spacious relaxed atmosphere that beautifully completes a 7 x 6 m. room... despite the amplification. They have detented energy and roll-off switches which i didn't test. The design is a rather famous dual concentric driver but i assume if someone is reading that they already know that. They are even still with the original speaker cabling.

They are located on the Central Coast NSW (Empire Bay) and inspections are welcome. I'm not willing to ship them, but If someone in Sydney or Newcastle was willing to purchase them unseen, i could deliver them. The cabinets measure each 838*553*305 

cross_over.jpg

driver.jpg

inside.jpg

name_plate.jpg

rear.jpg

side_view.jpg

top1.jpg

top2.jpg

view-2.jpg

driver1a.jpg

driver2a.jpg

Edited by spacessound
updated photos to include driver fronts
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Lx4man said:

Beautiful speakers , I have the same model drivers in custom cabinets and find the rubber suspension mg12 offers a bass response very similar to the mg15 with a better mid range ,

GLWS 

Yeah, they are gorgeous. In an ideal world i like to keep them but i live over seas and my mother in law never ever lstens to music and wants them gone

54 minutes ago, spacessound said:

Yeah, they are gorgeous. In an ideal world i like to keep them but i live over seas and my mother in law never ever lstens to music and wants them gone

I guess you don't have a choice, Tannoy's or mother in law. ?

GLWTS

Guest palexsia

You should take photos of the front both drivers as well to show the condition of the cone and the surrounding rubber if not only made its harder to sell . The box worth little value only the drivers is valuable . 

14 minutes ago, palexsia said:

You should take photos of the front both drivers as well to show the condition of the cone and the surrounding rubber if not only made its harder to sell . The box worth little value only the drivers is valuable . 

Yes. I might have to do that, it's a pain though because the screens are fixed and the drivers need to be unscrewed from the cabinet which I'd like to avoid.