Snoopy8

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN : Game changer or Hype?

Posted (edited)

Less will mannered than a frat club perhaps. 

Edited by scumbag
Typo

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Stereophilus said:

It’s not about hating measurements (or testing, or science).  I think we all acknowledge how important it is to have objective information about audio equipment to advance the knowledge of better design and consistency of production.  What a lot of people on this forum will dislike is when theory/measurement/controlled testing is presented as more generalised and immutable fact, especially when there is strong subjective evidence or theory to the contrary.

This thread is a classic example.  “EtherRegen CANT POSSIBLY WORK”; “it must be BS”; “SNAKEOIL”; “MARKETING HYPE”!  I mean, it hasn’t even hit the market yet! How can anyone possibly know?

I don't need to taste moon dust to know the moon is not made of cheese.  We draw valid conclusions from pre existing knowledge. 

If you understand the technicalities you can obviously make a determination on whether something can work. 

It doesn't matter if something works or not.  Someone, maybe many will be guaranteed to hear a difference.  Unfortunately that is human nature. Some say magic crystals  help the sound and won't be convinced otherwise. 

People saying they hear something isn't actually subjective evidence, as you put it.  It's just anecdote. 

Also why are people conflating what's been said in this thread with measurements?  Measurements haven't been mentioned once (I don't think).  So what's that all about? This is just about the application of technical knowledge and a modicum of critical thinking.

So serious question.  Does anyone have a theory as to how this device will improve the sound coming out of the dac? Secondly in what way this improvement manifests itself? 

I'm all ears. 

Second question.  This is entirely subjective.  I have streamed a flac file from my brothers PC in the UK and compared it to locally played copy.  It sounded absolutely identical. 

That data went through multiple network components on its journey.  If it can do that and sound no different why do I need an ether net cleaner? 

Edited by March Audio

7 minutes ago, Muon N' said:

So far off the mark...

Explain. 

24 minutes ago, March Audio said:

People saying they hear something isn't actually subjective evidence, as you put it.  It's just anecdote. 

I always thought it is just a observation.

25 minutes ago, March Audio said:

So serious question.  Does anyone have a theory as to how this device will improve the sound coming out of the dac? Secondly in what way this improvement manifests itself? 

I'm all ears. 

I can only speak for myself but don't really care. I leave it to the designers.

I will just try them out myself and let my ears be the judge if I like something. Its worked great for the last 20 years.

Just like I enjoy sausages but do not need to know how there made. :)

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, rocky500 said:

I always thought it is just a observation.

I can only speak for myself but don't really care. I leave it to the designers.

I will just try them out myself and let my ears be the judge if I like something. Its worked great for the last 20 years.

Just like I enjoy sausages but do not need to know how there made. :)

Then I say the moon is made of cheese.  I have been there and brought some back.  Would you like to pay $1000 and try a slice? I have a 1000 people that swear it's the best tasting cheese ever. 

Now, you are informed enough to know this isn't true. Whilst obviously everyone isn't a technical expert, it would still make sense to look at the reasoned information available and be informed  before spending money. 

Edited by March Audio

6 minutes ago, March Audio said:

Then I say the moon is made of cheese.  I have been there and brought some back.  Would you like to pay $1000 and try a slice? I have a 1000 people that swear it's the best tasting cheese ever. 

How old are you? :D

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, rocky500 said:

How old are you? :D

Been around long enough and learnt enough to spot Audiophile foo. 😜

Edited by March Audio

15 minutes ago, March Audio said:

Now, you are informed enough to know this isn't true. Whilst obviously everyone isn't a technical expert, it would still make sense to look at the reasoned information available and be informed  before spending money. 

I have bought most gear from I would say kind of word of mouth. Read what others say from trying out the stuff also take in reasoned information that is available.

I actually put more stock in people similar to me trying the actual items. Like people on here at Stereonet. As I said it seems to have worked great for me so far.

I can't see myself buying one of these but would be interested in at least reading how others go with them.

So let me get this right, John Swenson is claiming that the moon is made of cheese? 

@March Audio Alan, you have clearly made your points over many posts, which you are entitled to. But until the product is out, listened to and measurements provided, starting another round of argy, bargy achieves little. As a result, many posts become personal.

I suspect this thread could soon be put under moderator watch which is ridiculous for a product which has not shipped. Worse still, this thread could be closed. Everyone loses then...

You create a thread called "Game Changer or Hype" on a product that isn't out, listened to and measured? And then when a whole raft of people come in swinging with different opinions, you are surprised? 🙂

I'll open this thread again on request, when the product has been released, or someone has actual measurements or listening reports to add.

If you want to debate other aspects of this industry/hobby/interest, then please start relevant topics in the appropriate subforum.

Reopened on request as the product is now shipping.