Sign in to follow this  
Anthonyh

SOLD: FS: CYMER AMPLIFIER BY ELSON SILVA

Item: CYMER KT88 VALVE AMP BY ELSON SILVA
Price: $1500
Item Condition: Excellent Second Hand
Reason for selling: Upgrade
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: Hand built by Elson Silver. Purchased direct from the man himself about 18 months ago. Near perfect cosmetically. Very low hours. Warm full sound as would be expected. I paid $2800 for this unit. Would suit new buyer. Any questions please feel free to ask.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG_8199.jpg

IMG_8205.jpg

IMG_8200.jpg

IMG_8201.jpg

IMG_8202.jpg

IMG_8204.jpg

Elson builds great amps.....bargain at this price given the thought and effort he puts into his gear.

Wonder what you are upgrading to... :)

Edited by pulinap

Very elegant looking power amp, Glwts 

Edited by Eagleeyes

17 minutes ago, Be Quiet...Listen said:

I'm always pre sold when I see glowing tubes but ....I just got engaged and buying any more amps before I pay the bank off for the ring may lead me to become unengaged 😂

5 minutes ago, Bluenote122 said:

What are the specs?

I would say around 50 wpc.  Probably uses 6072As as inputs and 12AT7s as drivers.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By hiradi
      Item:  FS: SYNOLA SE 509 SET Amplifier with 20 NOS ITT Tubes
      Price: $!500-. plus postage in 2 boxes , unless picked up of course...!!!!
      Item Condition: only slightly used , as I am on Solar power...!!!
      Reason for selling: winter years
      Payment Method: bank transfer
      Extra Info: This is a serious bargain as you can sell the NOS Valves for that ...!!! Believe me , great sounding amplifier...!!!!
      The Synola amplifier was built by the designer Reinhard Seyer in Germany and very unfortunately , on it's world travel received some slight chassis damage (see pictures) , because of the heavy German special transformers...I was going to give it a better chassis , but , as it sounded and still looked so, so good with the right original colour , it stayed that way....also , because I am off the grid on Solar Power , it did not get to run the hours it deserved ...I have had many valve amps in my life time , yes including the mighty Kronzilla and as this one is very special , with no capacitors in the circuit, it stayed ....!!!!
      It gives you 8 watts of very nice SET power and to top it off there is 20 , yes a total of  "twenty"  NOS ITT Lorenz Valves to come with this unique Amplifier , no original boxes...!!!
      ITT Lorenz were made by Phillips in the Heerlen/Holland factory , so believe me , one of the best you can get...!!!!
      Apart from the chassis repair , I would strongly suggest that one modifies the bias access from internal to external...it's OK for a experienced person to check and in my time the bias never drifted . but I thought better point that out...Freight . if not local , will be in 2 boxes and the amplifier will be packed super strong...!!!!

Please PM me for any questions and if you would like more pictures ....I will only answer per PM and prefer not to have silly non related posts in the For Sale section..., OF COURSE , I will also gladly return your PHONE call and provide more details and pictures...!!!
      Thank you ....!!!!

• By Billyham
      Item: Dynaco VTA ST-120 Valve Amplifier 
      Price: $2,450 Firm
      Item Condition: Brand New, one week after assemled and tested
      Reason for selling: Upgrade to VTA M125 Mono Blocks
      Payment Method: Pickup (20 Kg), Cash only
      Extra Info:

I purchased the amplifier kit from Bob Latino from the U.S. (paid a lot for shipping) with full set of the tubes (3 x Sylvania 12AU7, 1 x TungSol 5AR4, 4 x Soltek6550WE), capacitor upgrade (4 Power supply and 4 hand matched Russian K42-Y PIO coupling caps) and the 21 steps attenuator. Power transformer is 240V.  OFC AC cord fitted with Rhodium plated Furutech IEC inlet. The Drive Board Cover is self made with pure copper plate and is grounded to the chassis as EMI shield.
      Wired here in Syndey by myself with solder contains 2% Ag (silver). 
      Tested and is runnung perfectly.
      I like it so much that I am now looking at upgrading to the VTA M125 Mono Blocks from Bob

Specifications of the ST-120 Amplifier with VTA Driver board
      Power output . . . . . . …… 60 watts RMS per channel at 1 KHz at less than 1 % THD with both channels
      driven in PENTODE or 32 watts RMS in TRIODE with both channels driven
      Frequency response . . . . 10 Hz to 30 KHz +/- .1 dB at 1 watt
      Power bandwidth . . . . … 17 Hz to 30 KHz +/- .3 dB at 60 watts
      Distortion . . . . . . ………. Less than .15% THD from 20 Hz to 20 KHz at 1 watt, less than 1% THD at 60
      watts 20 Hz to 20 KHz
      IMD ………………………… Less than .45% (19 Khz and 20 Khz) at rated power
      Hum and noise . . . . . ….. More than 90 dB below 60 watt output
      Sensitivity . . . . . . ………. 1.1 volt in for 60 watt output
      Bias setting …………… .500 volts DC per each KT88 or 6550 output tube
      Feedback ………………… 13 dB total loop feedback
      Tube complement . . . . … (4) KT88 or 6550 or KT120 (3) 12AU7/12BH7/5963/5814/6189 (1) 5AR4/GZ34
      Size . . . . . . . . …………. 13" x 9.5" x 6.5"
      Weight ……………………. 38 pounds (shipping weight = 45 pounds

Please see detailed information and user reviews here: 
      http://www.tubes4hifi.com/bob.htm

McIntosh MC275 performance at 1/5 of price:
      http://dynacotubeaudio.forumotion.com/t1930-comparing-my-vta-st-120-with-my-mcintosh-mc275

• By DubbyMcDubs
      Item: Cayin CS-88A Integrated Valve Amplifier
      Price: $2,750 ono
      Item Condition: Mint, As New
      Reason for selling: Upgrading/Change of direction
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, EFT, Paypal + 2.6%, COD Only
      Extra Info:

I have owned this amp since July this year. Originally purchased in preparation for a setup with Klipsch Cornwall III speakers, however I went a different route and ultimately purchased Revel M106’s. While this is an exceptional sounding valve amplifier it is not really matched well with the Revel’s and I will be upgrading to a Benchmark system. The build quality is exceptional, regardless of price. Selling to help fund the upgrade.

This amp is in mint as-new condition, with no more that 5 hours use on it total. I have all of the original packaging and accessories. 19 months warranty remaining.

Retails for $3,499. Selling $2,750 ono

Happy to post if buyer pays postage, but realize its a very heavy item.

Specifications

Power Output: 25 Watts per channel (Triode) 45 Watts per channel (Ultra-Linear) Frequency Response: 10Hz - 42kHz (-3dB) Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): 1% (1kHz) Signal to Noise (S/N) Ratio: 93dB Line-Level Inputs: Two Phono Input (MM) Pre-Amp Input: One stereo preamp input – allows the CS-88A to be used as a power amp only Construction: Hand-made construction with silver point-to-point wiring Power Supply: Specially designed toroid transformer for the power supply Pre-Amplifier: Two 6SL7 and two 6SN7 valves are used in the preamp stage Four KT88 valves are used in Class AB1 push-pull output stage Triode and Ultra-linear selection via remote Bias Adjustment: Easy valve bias adjustment using the top mounted bias meter Rear Panel Switch: Switch easily between the supplied KT88 output valves or optional EL34 valves via a convenient rear panel switch Remote Control Soft Start Function: 30 second soft start function - extends the life of internal components and valves Memory: CS-88A stores last usage settings once turned off Volume Control: High-quality Japanese ALPS motorised potentiometer (volume control) Silver Plating: Heavily silver-plated signal cables are used throughout Cover: An easily removed cover is provided for protection from hot valves Speaker Binding Posts: Accepts Banana plugs or spade terminals Output Impedance: 4 Ohms and 8 Ohms Power Cord: Standard IEC that can be easily upgraded. Dimension (WxHxD): 420 × 195 x 382 mm Net Weight: 28kg
      Photos: 

• By DubbyMcDubs
      Item: Cayin CS-88A Integrated Valve Amplifier
      Price: $2,800
      Item Condition: Mint, As New
      Reason for selling: Upgrading/Change of direction
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, EFT, Paypal + 2.6%, COD Only
      Extra Info:

I have owned this amp since July this year. Originally purchased in preparation for a setup with Klipsch Cornwall III speakers, however I went a different route and ultimately purchased Revel M106’s. While this is an exceptional sounding valve amplifier it is not really matched well with the Revel’s and I will be upgrading to a Benchmark system. The build quality is exceptional, regardless of price. Selling to help fund the upgrade.

This amp is in mint as-new condition, with no more that 5 hours use on it total. I have all of the original packaging and accessories. 19 months warranty remaining.

Retails for $3,499. Selling $2,800

Happy to post if buyer pays postage, but realize its a very heavy item.

Specifications

Power Output: 25 Watts per channel (Triode) 45 Watts per channel (Ultra-Linear) Frequency Response: 10Hz - 42kHz (-3dB) Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): 1% (1kHz) Signal to Noise (S/N) Ratio: 93dB Line-Level Inputs: Two Phono Input (MM) Pre-Amp Input: One stereo preamp input – allows the CS-88A to be used as a power amp only Construction: Hand-made construction with silver point-to-point wiring Power Supply: Specially designed toroid transformer for the power supply Pre-Amplifier: Two 6SL7 and two 6SN7 valves are used in the preamp stage Four KT88 valves are used in Class AB1 push-pull output stage Triode and Ultra-linear selection via remote Bias Adjustment: Easy valve bias adjustment using the top mounted bias meter Rear Panel Switch: Switch easily between the supplied KT88 output valves or optional EL34 valves via a convenient rear panel switch Remote Control Soft Start Function: 30 second soft start function - extends the life of internal components and valves Memory: CS-88A stores last usage settings once turned off Volume Control: High-quality Japanese ALPS motorised potentiometer (volume control) Silver Plating: Heavily silver-plated signal cables are used throughout Cover: An easily removed cover is provided for protection from hot valves Speaker Binding Posts: Accepts Banana plugs or spade terminals Output Impedance: 4 Ohms and 8 Ohms Power Cord: Standard IEC that can be easily upgraded. Dimension (WxHxD): 420 × 195 x 382 mm Net Weight: 28kg
      Photos: 

• By tellmidd
      Item: Image by Nelson Audio EL34 Power Amps (Mono blocks)
      Price: SOLD
      Item Condition: Great working order
      Reason for selling: Space constraints /Simplifying system
      Payment Method: Pickup only (Melbourne CBD) - Cash only
      Extra Info:

Punching well above their weight, Image by Nelson Audio are based on the Marantz 9 power amps. 75 watts output based on 4 x EL34 tubes and each unit weighs in at about 35kg each so I'm afraid local pick up only.

These mono-blocks made a substantial difference to my system in terms of texture, resolution, speed, attack and the general warmth especially with vinyl source material.

Priced to SELL to clear up room in my limited space so please, no negotiation. Since purchasing this, I have had the switches and new tubes fitted with about 100 hours on them. The units have some very minor cosmetic blemishes as indicated in photos and functionally they are a joy to live with.