Tapatalk - StereoNET App - To Be Discontinued

8 hours ago, Rustee said:

Isn't this an old problem that has been fixed? This goes back to early October. After a couple of days l was back on line. It has worked fine for the last several weeks. But l have not been able to access since the weekend. So is it the same issue then? And is it being resolved?

Hi @needlerunner, the last few posts refer to the recent issue accessing the forum via phone app.

One of the last posters wrote this comment below which I thought tells the story.

Sorry I can't be of any more help, might be best to talk to someone like Marc. 

On 17/11/2019 at 11:33 AM, SAM2811 said:

I send a message to one of the administrator (Marc). He confirmed that the app is discontinued.

• Administrator

Not yet, but a Progessive Web App is coming from the forum software author. No ETA.

Presently, I am investigating development of a fully customised StereoNET app for Android and iOS ourselves.

In the meantime, I found the web browser version of StereoNET on any device very easy to use.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marc said:

Not yet, but a Progessive Web App is coming from the forum software author. No ETA.

Presently, I am investigating development of a fully customised StereoNET app for Android and iOS ourselves.

In the meantime, I found the web browser version of StereoNET on any device very easy to use.

I've been using the browser version on my iPhone the whole time and have found it very good,  in fact preferable to tapatalk or the app as it has almost full functionality.

• Like 1

On 30/11/2019 at 11:01 AM, Martykt said:

I've been using the browser version on my iPhone the whole time and have found it very good,  in fact preferable to tapatalk or the app as it has almost full functionality.

I must be doing something wrong with the web browser version on my phone. I can’t locate notifications- there was an earth symbol in top right corner saying I had 1000 + but when I clicked it on it they weren’t from my subscribed threads and then disappeared. 

What I really liked about Tapatalk was the ability to click on an email notification in my inbox and it would open up my app and go straight to the post.  Now it takes me to the login screen on the webpage . It’s a PITA to login 5 times a day.  

Ive tried selecting ‘remember me’ but no cigar. 

I’ll keep at it, but would be happy to receive any tips for a novice user. 

Cheersx

10 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I must be doing something wrong with the web browser version on my phone. I can’t locate notifications- there was an earth symbol in top right corner saying I had 1000 + but when I clicked it on it they weren’t from my subscribed threads and then disappeared. 

What I really liked about Tapatalk was the ability to click on an email notification in my inbox and it would open up my app and go straight to the post.  Now it takes me to the login screen on the webpage . It’s a PITA to login 5 times a day.  

Ive tried selecting ‘remember me’ but no cigar. 

I’ll keep at it, but would be happy to receive any tips for a novice user. 

Cheersx

Tap on the 3 lines at the top right hand corner, then you'll see the earth symbol for notifications and the PM messages next to it.

Just tap on this :) 

41CB25AC-0FEB-46BF-B5A7-C713DE48AC02.thumb.jpeg.5b885c5a1ea10d0ffc6117ea6dc4f8c9.jpeg

FBAAA14F-32E4-4975-9418-9E596899E61C.thumb.png.ebd090d976635034b105aeb98373ee15.png

• Like 1

On 04/12/2019 at 10:19 AM, muriwai said:

Can I ask how do you now subscribe to a thread?

and how do you access the subscribed to threads already previously subscribed (follow)!?

thanks in advance 

I think the way it works is just tap on the Follow banner at the bottom of the thread and choose whichever notification method that suits.

To access followed content tap on the drop down menu then "My activity Streams" then "Content I Follow". 

Hope that helps. :) 

77009053-3D3B-4E04-80FA-A3BC7060D1FD.thumb.png.ad4d2cea4326952073bc7a52c0f14087.png

C4D7DE24-0CD8-41C4-A6E4-1EC0A3D29FE7.thumb.jpeg.65316e8a3f795731c5f3c1727135504c.jpeg

684C04E8-C60F-44F3-A0BC-E12C25C48178.thumb.jpeg.f2577e885fa9a3c736cae122720453a3.jpeg

• 7 months later...
  • Administrator
22 hours ago, Saxon Hall said:

Any progress on a Replacement for Tapatalk?

I have a small phone and old eyes so logging into the Website does not really work for me.

YMMV.

No. Invision has not announced any further progress on a native app.

We're not in a position to develop our own, having had some quotes from developers.

The web browser version of StereoNET on any device is very easy to use, and I imagine you could make it work better for you with zoom/accessibility tweaks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marc said:

No. Invision has not announced any further progress on a native app.

We're not in a position to develop our own, having had some quotes from developers.

The web browser version of StereoNET on any device is very easy to use, and I imagine you could make it work better for you with zoom/accessibility tweaks.

Thanks Marc. Yes I shall see if your suggestion works for me.

• 8 months later...
On 04/10/2019 at 7:41 AM, Marc said:

The good news is that the authors of our forum software (Invision) are close to releasing a new app for mobile view. We will of course implement this as soon as it's ready.

Did this get launched?  If so, could it be a source to restore lost content?

Well, due to the security issue last night and need for Stereonet to restore from backup, there was advice from you there would/could be missing content/posts from over the past 24hrs.

I have noticed some recent activity missing.