Marc

Tapatalk - StereoNET App - To Be Discontinued

Just a heads up for everyone - Tapatalk has changed its core structure and pricing models and in many ways has gone completely south.

We've been having all sorts of trouble with updates, broken functionality and complete lack of support, and with some fundamental changes being implemented I have decided (like many other forum owners) to stop using and supporting Tapatalk, and the StereoNET App for Android and iOS.

The good news is that the authors of our forum software (Invision) are close to releasing a new app for mobile view. We will of course implement this as soon as it's ready.

I never liked Tapatalk.  Couldn't get comfortable with it for some reason.    I will be interested in the Invision app.

Edited by aussievintage

Agree, used it once and moved on. 

There's a few hundred still using the iOS app according to the analytics, and I still use it.

However the process in which we have to update the app, submit it to Apple etc has just become unworkable and certainly not justified cost wise.

Been trying all day to get on!!

on safari now 

will await the new app

cheers Muriwai 

So safe to delete the app Marc?

Yes, I pulled the pin this morning. 

Eagerly awaiting the new app from Invision which is very close to release.

Will you provide details and link when available please?

cheers Muri 

Of course. Being built natively by IPS, it should work nicely and be much more responsive than the third-party solutions.

In the meantime, the current template is mobile-friendly and I don't mind using it via my iPhone.

No wonder I couldn’t get it working last night. Thought I was gong mad. Look forward to a new app. Cheers, M

13 hours ago, blakey72 said:

Ok here's a great Aussie band. Love em.

images.jpeg-1.jpg.ef23c92fe417787634522bf07307ad2b.jpg

Hi Blake or anyone else that can help. I can't get on site. Comes up with network error. Have even tried logging in again. But still comes up with network error.Haven't been able to gain access since Friday. I am entering this message through what goes through my spam account. Obvious others are able to access SteroNet. Wondering if l have been blocked for some reason.

Pretty much addicted to this site and missing my daily fix. I don't know how to fix it, as l am unable to contact anybody. So sorry having to go through this thread. It is the only access open to me.

Appreciate for any assistance rendered.

Ken.

Anyone having  issue with Stereonet app on iPad or mobile? It hasn't been working in the past few days...

Is this affect the android apk too. The Stereo Net apk is not working from last Friday for me. Is it only for me or for everyone??.  Do we have to use the browser based website ???. Please let us know

Mines OK, android mobile app

13 minutes ago, needlerunner said:

Hi Blake or anyone else that can help. I can't get on site. Comes up with network error. Have even tried logging in again. But still comes up with network error.Haven't been able to gain access since Friday. I am entering this message through what goes through my spam account. Obvious others are able to access SteroNet. Wondering if l have been blocked for some reason.

Pretty much addicted to this site and missing my daily fix. I don't know how to fix it, as l am unable to contact anybody. So sorry having to go through this thread. It is the only access open to me.

Ken.

@candyflip @joz @betty boop @Marc

I've alerted the mods. Don't exactly understand the issue you are having but they might + only mods can really help.

Yes haven't been able to use Mobile app on Andriod Mobile for a couple of days.

Yep, same here.

Not working for me on mobile (Android) for the last few days.

@needlerunnermaybe clear your history and restart you browser, safari Firefox etc and then restart pc/ Mac etc and see if that helps. 

Edited by Eagleeyes

I can’t access the mobile sites with an iPad or iPhone... it’s very annoying 

35 minutes ago, 08Boss302 said:

Mines OK, android mobile app

Just realised I don't use the app, I use the website on my mobile 🤦‍♂️🙄

1 hour ago, needlerunner said:

Ken.

hi needle runner, not something i know as to what is going on more @Marc territory, 

@Eagleeyes might be on the money though with clearing history, cookies and su h restart browser. maybe even the router !  and give a go again.

If you’re referring to the app - this has been announced/discussed in StereoNET Discussion. 

That said - I’m looking at an interim fix. 

My apps been down since Friday too, deleted and installed twice and still no go, puts me to ease knowing it's not just me now , I shall sleep tonight 

1 hour ago, sakabatou said:

See this topic for the reason why 

Can't wait for the new app, using the full site on mobile is a pain...