The Beatles Abbey Road 50th aniversary

37 minutes ago, ollie_08 said:

Has anyone pulled the trigger and purchased Abbey Road 50th anniversary vinyl mixed by Giles Martin? Have been streaming it on MQA Tidal and sounds great especially like the out takes.

ive ordered both the single vinyl and the CD-blu-ray set :) looking forward to it :) 

• Like 1

good to hear its sounding good :)

sanity seems to have the lot, from super deluxe to deluxe and then individual editions ....

https://www.sanity.com.au/specials/3247/The-Beatles

JB seems to miss the super deluxe CD versions ? 

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/cd-beatles-the-abbey-road-50th-anniversary-edition-cd?q=Abbey Road (50th Anniversary Edition)&hPP=36&idx=shopify_products&p=0

57 minutes ago, ollie_08 said:

Has anyone pulled the trigger and purchased Abbey Road 50th anniversary vinyl mixed by Giles Martin? Have been streaming it on MQA Tidal and sounds great especially like the out takes.

I picked up the 3LP set last week.  It is very good including sq and imo, this is version worth buying.   The 2lp's of outtakes, demos are excellent .

If you are buying only the single lp reissue of Abbey Rd, make sure it is the Euro pressing from Optimal.  The US pressing from those who have compared is inferior sounding, mainly being softer, rolled off in the top end vs the Euro.

• Like 2

I picked up the 3LP set last week.  It is very good including sq and imo, this is version worth buying.   The 2lp's of outtakes, demos are excellent .

If you are buying only the single lp reissue of Abbey Rd, make sure it is the Euro pressing from Optimal.  The US pressing from those who have compared is inferior sounding, mainly being softer, rolled off in the top end vs the Euro.
Thanks for the heads-up[emoji106]

11 hours ago, betty boop said:

good to hear its sounding good :)

sanity seems to have the lot, from super deluxe to deluxe and then individual editions ....

https://www.sanity.com.au/specials/3247/The-Beatles

JB seems to miss the super deluxe CD versions ? 

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/cd-beatles-the-abbey-road-50th-anniversary-edition-cd?q=Abbey Road (50th Anniversary Edition)&hPP=36&idx=shopify_products&p=0

I pre-ordered the super deluxe CD/Bluray version from JB and it arrived on Monday. Perhaps they've sold out?.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ollie_08 said:

Have been streaming it on MQA Tidal and sounds great especially like the out takes.

I did the same and was rather meh about it. Initial impression was the loudness war had been invoked. Didn't get through to the out takes

Just now, blybo said:

I did the same and was rather meh about it. Initial impression was the loudness war had been invoked. Didn't get through to the out takes

well thats a shame if case, LP turned up today... hope the remastering is not just cranking loudness !

I have the 3CD set arriving today from the Amazon US.  A good friend of mine purchased the HD Tracks version and says it sounds great.  However he thought that it was not as different (improved?) from the 2009 mixes as either the Giles Sgt Pepper or White Album

• Like 1

i've heard the 3cd set.

not a fan of giles, though abbey road is not as noxious as his previous noodlings.

its sounds a bit goosed up in the bass, vocals are spotlighted and pushed forward, highs a bit muted.

i doubt the vinyl will sound any better as it's cut from digital files.

the out-takes are the highlight of the set.

The blurays turning up in Oz are likely faulty. My copy is very slow to load on three different Bluray players and on every drive including computor, it glitches during the same point of Golden Slumbers, refusing to play further. The disc is visually flawless.

The audio choices are very ' sticky ' to select.

Check the Bluray before bothering with the other discs.

I downloaded the Super Deluxe Edition from HD Tracks, it's a 96/24 file and it's superb, I have to say. The out-takes add a humanity to the original album that just makes you stand back in wonder. The same is true for the SDE of The Beatles (White Album) too.

Edited by JukKluk2
Spellung erra
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

Abbey Road is number one on the album charts  -  50 years after it's release.

SO FAB.

wow thats amazing... i will say its very interesting looking through the nice book that comes with the anniversary edition. havent listen to the discs as yet :D 

36 minutes ago, keyse1 said:

Anybody

I just got the deluxe set

I don’t have a blue ray player so whats the point of the blue ray disk 

Will it record to iTunes on an iMac?

its a hi res blu-ray audio disc..... and nope you need a blu-ray player ? 

• 1 month later...