Sign in to follow this  
Johnny_Boy

SOLD: EOI: JVC X5000 Projector

Item: JVC X5000 projector 
Price: $2500 + Shipping (approx $50 i would say) 
Item Condition: Excellent, roof mounted since i've had it. Smoke free home. Remote is basically new as i use universal remote 
Reason for selling: Potential upgrade depending on sale of this projector, but happy to keep it if no one is interested. 
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal (you pay paypal fees) or bank transfer. Paypal preferred 
Extra Info: EOI at this stage. 

Lamp Hours: Been a while since i checked, was 487 when i took the photo just over a year ago. Hasn't had a great deal of use since the baby has arrived,  I assume 700-800hrs on original bulb, can confirm if there is interest. 

Has been professionally calibrated and puts out a very impressive 4k image. 1080p looks amazing as well. Upgrade bug is a painful thing! individual colour profiles and custom gamma curves for different sources. 

Projector comes with original box and all accessories. No 3D transmitter/glasses as i dont care for that side of things. 

Setup in a light controlled room if someone local would like a demo
 Can provide more photos upon request. These are just photos i had on my phone, can upload higher res files if requested. 
Photos: 

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Absolute Bargain!!  :)    You wont get ANYTHING near the X5000 image wise around this price!!! 😮

Just now, simbot82 said:

How does it handle HDR?

It handles it quite well. Its been calibrated for HDR and puts out a pretty fantastic picture. 

Welcome to come around and have a look as you're local in Perth.

Im in Woodvale

Reading a review on this model they claimed that gaming was not really possible with an input lag of 100ms.

Have you found it to be okay for gaming?

I’ve had this model. Gaming is just fine on this - and other JVCs without game mode - unless you are playing competitive online games that require very quick response times. 

I quite happily gamed with daughter on x7000 version and previous gen x35 it was fine. Kind of stuff was first person, car racing and other world exploring type games eg zootycoon and such. Unless a hard core gamer that lives dies on this stuff it was all good. If so hard core and spending your days on gaming probably unlikely use a projector anyways :)

4 hours ago, Aussierox said:

Reading a review on this model they claimed that gaming was not really possible with an input lag of 100ms.

Have you found it to be okay for gaming?

I'm not much of a gamer, but did have a PlayStation setup for a while. I enjoyed racing games and it worked fine for my eyes. 

As above, i think as long as you are not competitive gaming it will be fine. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By krusic
      Item: Epson EH-TW9000W projector with spare genuine lamp and 6 x 3D glasses
      Price: $1000 ono
      Item Condition: Excellent used condition
      Reason for selling: Upgraded
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal
      Extra Info: Great 1080p and 3D projector which includes THX certification.  Has 1760 hours on lamp and has always been ceiling mounted.  Used in Eco mode in dedicated theatre room .  Non smoker house.
      Comes with original box, wireless transmitter, remote, 2 x epson 3D glasses and 4 x panasonic 3D glasses.  Also included is a brand new sealed genuine Epson replacement lamp.

Can be shipped at buyer's expense or pick up from Geelong, Vic

Photos:

• By psmithy
      Hi all

I am hoping for some good advice for an outdoor projector for use with the Australian Summer looming!

I would prefer a battery powered unit to save running a cable every time I use it. Also want something that can easily be used with Netflix and similar, either with apps on the unit itself or streaming via an iPhone / iPad.

Options seem limited in Australia. The best generally on sale here seems to be the Nebula Capsule but my research found the Nebula Mars 2 which does seem a much better product though only available here on import.

Then there is the Philips PicoPix Max being crowd funded:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/philips-picopix-max-1080p-full-hd-pico-projector?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIh-SylMbt5AIViIePCh0NDwdAEAAYASAAEgKuQfD_BwE#/

That looks great but I am concerned about no product reviews being available.

Has anyone gone with this or have any thoughts I should consider.

Also, what do I need to look for in an outdoor screen. I really want something quick and easy to put up.

Thanks so much
    • By j19801110
      Item: JVC DLA-X9500 (latest firmware) + 5 3D Glassses + IR emitter + a good Spyder 5 for calibration
      Price: $5500
      Item Condition: 2 years old - 1 year warranty remaining
      Reason for selling: moving house soon and decided to put a new 85” TV in the house instead of a projector. 
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash preferred, alternatively, paypal or bank transfer.
      Extra Info: about 800hrs on first lamp. Calibrated for SDR and HDR. It's a great deal. In great condition.

https://eu.jvc.com/projectors/d-ila-projector/DLA-X9500B/

https://www.digitalcinema.com.au/jvc-dla-x9500-4k-3d-home-theater-projector.html

I can try and attach some more pictures over the course of the week.

Photos: Please see attachment

• By BMC HiFi
      Item: SIM2 SuperCube Projector
      Price: $3,250
      Item Condition: Shop display model in "as new" condition with less than 10hrs lamp use. Full Warranty, Box, Remote, Complete
      Reason for selling: Demo Stock Sale
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:
      The Retail price is $7995, previously advertised for $3,750, now dropped to $3,250 for quick sale.

SIM2 has always been known for pushing the limits of design to perfect the balance between form and function and the SuperCube is the perfect expression of this art. Combining a stunning glass cabinet with a projection engine powerful enough to handle the largest screen, the SuperCube is the ideal home cinema projector. The SuperCube is built around sophisticated video processing electronics that ensure all video sources look their best. With an RGB color wheel and improved colorimetry and color saturation delivered by SuperCube and a new 270W lamp takes the light output to 3,000 lumens.

The typical application for a SuperCube is the small/medium home theatre and family room.

DLP® is the picture technology of choice for the SuperCube. It utilizes a Full HD 1080p (1920 x 1080 pixel resolution) chipset from Texas Instruments that, combined with top-notch processing, enables the projector to deliver crisp, smooth and clear images.
      And, thanks to SIM2 3D technology, SuperCube has the ability to convey the extended depth of 3D images that totally involve the viewer in the movie experience

Made-in-Italy elegance: The SuperCube features a typically stylish ‘made-in-Italy’ design: a distinctive, contemporary cabinet enriched by a luxurious crystal finish by designer Giorgio Revoldini.

Pictures:

• By BMC HiFi
      Item: Sim2 NERO 3 DLP Projector
      Price: $9,950  Reduced to $9250
      Item Condition: NEW Shop display model in "as new" condition with less than 100hrs lamp use
      Reason for selling: We need to say goodbye to this special projector to make room for new models
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:
      This SIM2 punches above its weight. This projector will give most 4K models a run for their money with its high-quality picture. The Nero 3 will enhance your home entertainment experience with images that are bright, sharp and beautifully realistic. It's made in Italy and as such has European tuning, ie natural yet vivid color, smooth movement and motion. You simply forget the technology and become engrossed in the picture quality and enjoy every moment that you are watching it. You are welcome to see it working. The unit is sold as new and with full 2 year warranty. This is a $20K projector and at $11,995 $9,950 is a genuine bargain for the right buyer!

LED is the source of illumination with 1-chip DLP image technology. This combination ensures that images are bright, sharp and very realistic. Full 1080p resolution that rivals cheaper 4K projectors images.
      With a specification list that reads: 1,400 lumens of light output (the equivalent of 2,000 lumens on lamp-based projectors), a 30,000:1 contrast ratio and a color gamut 135% that of the NTSC TV standard, this is an impressive projector. The typical application for the Nero 3 is medium/large home theatres and family rooms with moderate ambient light.

INSTALLATION
      Lens Throw ratio NERO 3 1.51-2.88:1 (+/-5%) Lens shift V +/-60% / H +/-10% Digital keystone adjustment Vertical and Horizontal Picture size (inches diagonal) 65-200 Aspect ratio 4:3, 16:9 Anamorphic, LetterBox, panoramic, pixel to pixel + 3 custom-user adjustments  

Pictures: