Sign in to follow this  
sonusfidelio

SOLD: FS: YG Acoustics Carmel 2 Loudspeakers

Item:    YG Acoustics Carmel 2 Loudspeakers
Price:   $16,000 (open to reasonable offers)
Item Condition:   Mint
Reason for selling:     Downsizing (moved to smaller living space)
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Bank Cheque, COD Only
Extra Info:

These beautiful speakers (in gorgeous silver) were bought new from the distributor in 2016 and used very infrequently as since moving to our new place, the living room is much smaller and these speakers (and the rest of the system) are no longer appropriate. They come with original wooden boxes (read "crate") and are built like tanks (you can feel it from the weight). Imagine the quality of sound from a solid enclosure made from aircraft grade aluminium.

As these are highly reviewed loudspeakers from the YG stable, you can Google to find out more, including the interesting piece on their precision CNC-machined aluminium panels.

I have used them with Vitus RI-100 amp with Antipodes DX as the source and this has been a match made in heaven. Unfortunately, our much smaller living room will not do them justice so I have to part with them very reluctantly.

Retail price is around $34K. All genuine enquiries are welcome and I am open to reasonable offers.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.IMG_4852.thumb.jpg.c2a6e495f7ea24bab0014332bb257fe1.jpg

@Stupid,@Eggmiester, @Yngvi @whateveryourbloodynameis.

You probably should try these. Victor used to have some from this brand(smaller jobbies if memory serves) and he waxed lyrical about them.

@OP. Lovely speakers and a killer finish. Do you have the original packaging they were delivered in, and what is the shipping weight if you do? (asking for a friend)

Complete with original packaging (crate + foam covers), spikes, gloves etc. as per original shipment. Unpackaged weight per speaker is 34kg. I would guess the crate plus inserts would be at least 20kgs. I'll try and find out the actual shipping weight.

3 hours ago, analog brother said:

victor had the mk1 carmels, they were quite nice.

Victor sold them to a mate of mine who still has them.  Exceptional speakers.  If I didn’t have small room syndrome like the OP I’d be very keen.  Well worth an audition if interested in some high end speakers.  

I thought very seriously about a second hand pair of these last year, but in the end suffered from the same sort of room issues so passed them up. I heard Victor's pair of Mk 1s, and was absolutely blown away, They actually started my search for high end speakers. In the right room with the right amp, these would be amazing.

Oh my!! There has been some seriously fine gear advertised of late. These look amazing. If they sound half as good as they look well...some lucky SNA er is going be very happy.  GLWTS. 

I've been using a pair of the Mk1s in one of my systems for maybe a year now and rate them very highly.  Anyone genuinely interested will be impressed and I'd expect a grateful buyer.

Love the look of the equipment rack.