Sign in to follow this  
08Boss302

Anyone Having Constant Drop Outs on Tidal and Bluesound this Weekend?

Just wondering if anyone else is having major issues with Tidal and or their Bluesound this weekend or over the past week?

Constant buffering when streaming Tidal either using cellular data out and about or at home via bluesound (which is hardwired via ethernet)

A mate who lives over an hour away having same issues using Tidal and his Bluesound and am wondering if others have issues too?

Spotify and Qoboz work no issue via the Bluesound but Tidal works fine for my mate using his Yamaha so is the issue a Tidal and Bluesound compatability thing or more a Tidal issue given streaming tidal to my phone presents issues too.

I have sent a requet to Tidal and am waiting for a reply.

All the usual checks been done re connections etc, I am confident that is not the problem given my net speed and all other wired or WiFi devices in the home work flawlessly.

Will be interested to see if anyone else has been paying for the privage of frustration this weekend...

I played one song only today and it had constant issues. 

Consistent with mine and a mates experience 

Been going on since Friday

All good here. Been working no problems. Been listening for about an hour this morning. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I'm with telstra, is this also happening with optus or any other provider 

I'm getting drop outs within songs and skipping of tracks (Tidal via Roon). As far as I can tell my network connection is fine and no reported issues from Telstra.

I'm increasingly convinced it a tidal issue not roon or bluesound or a network provider 

Just tried using 2 different Android Apps to access Tidal, no issues. Am on Telstra cable.

I had buffering on Friday afternoon, but has been the normal fast response since, using Roon to stream Tidal via Telstra.

I get 2 songs if i am lucky then it buffers. 

Doesnt matter if i use the app from my phone driving the car or if I use the app on my tablet via the bluesound.  I havent tried the desktop app but am not holding my breath on it being any better.

This is pretty common thing with Tidal unfortunately I have found over the past few months.  This however is the worst its been as its lasted the whole weekend where it usually craps itself for an afternoon or evening.

Exactly the same. 3-4 songs and then continuous drop outs or buffering if you like.

So annoying when you are just starting to get into the music and it does this.

I recall an update for the Bluesound around 2 weeks ago and has been useless since then.

In regards to tidal in general, I never ever once have dropouts while at work using the app on my phone. 

Yes. Haven't had issues since I went to ethernet connection some 18 months ago but the last 4-5 days I'll play thru tidal (via Roon) for maybe 30 minutes then 5 minutes of silence, then it comes back again... My internet is 50mbps or near enough 24/7 so my internet is not to blaim.

On 29/09/2019 at 2:55 PM, Snoopy8 said:

Just tried using 2 different Android Apps to access Tidal, no issues. Am on Telstra cable.

OK on Sunday, now having problems with dropouts, long pauses, buffering.  I thought maybe it was Bluesound issue but I am using Devialet Spark App feeding Phantom Gold.  My Telstra cable is fast (just ran Speedtest 98 Mbps down, 5 Mbps up) and I have excellent fast wifi running on mesh network.  It looks a Tidal problem indeed...

Just saw this, posted in April.  Don't know whether it helps?

It mentions that maybe it could be ISP related, but I think this is a furphy.  It is 4 pm on a working day, hardly peak time!

1 hour ago, Snoopy8 said:

Just saw this, posted in April.  Don't know whether it helps?

It mentions that maybe it could be ISP related, but I think this is a furphy.  It is 4 pm on a working day, hardly peak time!

My issue was it used to glitch constantly near the end of a track. Tried the highest quality sound also and preferred Spotify Premium. Gave it away.

Tidal have been pretty responsive to my tech help call out, usual troubleshooting and looking at all other aspects but I've explained qoboz and Spotify play without issue and I experienced the same issue on my phone so can't be bluesound alone... 

Net speed is great, even at peak I'm getting 65+mbps so I canned them on that argument. 

They made me send em some data etc 

Sunday night was OK, got two albums thru, last night was crap, lucky to get half a song.  This has now been 5 days and my mate the same time frame over an hour away from me - not a local problem.. 

Tonight I did full reset on bluesound and thus far it's been good for a bout 1.5hrs and from phone was good all arvo. 

My mate still having constant issues tho, and 1.5hrs of hassle free music hardly suggests I'm in the clear either 😤

Scrap that, just mozzed myself lol

Playing up again 

Switched to Spotify and again no issue 

I'm leaning toward dropping tidal, it's been unstable quite a bit over the past few months, and Spotify Premium to me doesn't sound bad at all, matter of fact at times it's indistinguishable between it and tidal hifi. 

More so it fills the gaps in finding new music and for listening in the car, at work or exercising.  It also has the superior user interface and suggested music that is online with my habits and tastes (as opposed to jay z and kanyes tastes)

My hdd has my entire CD collection in FLAC so why I pay for the frustration of a buffering hifi tier tidal is now what I'm asking myself! 

Just started having this issue yesterday, anyone found a solution?

Tried again tonight. It’s obviously Tidal.

Went well for the first couple of songs then went to crap.

Then chose an internet radio station, no problems at all for at least a couple of hours.

Very, very annoying though!

Nope, unfortunately and frustratingly no solution yet other than listening to vinyl or cds.  I've e been using Spotify, free 3 month trial and it's flawless and hardly inferior .. 

I will say tidal customer service has been great tho, they're trying to sort the issue out.  I think everyone needs to contact them, the more they hear of the issue the more they'll do or try to do

Bluesound on the other hand have been useless - not even responded to my query. The auto reply said 24hr response, that was 4 days ago 🤦‍♂️

I encourage us a to contact tidal, so they get a perspective its not one or two people 

25 minutes ago, 08Boss302 said:

I think everyone needs to contact them, the more they hear of the issue the more they'll do or try to do

Definitely. Could be a regional thing and they will only know if people here report it.

support@tidal.com

17 hours ago, rand129678 said:

Definitely. Could be a regional thing and they will only know if people here report it.

support@tidal.com

or online submission this way and just fill in the relevant points and leave a description..

https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us/requests/new