zakblue

SOLD: FS: Krell KAV 500i Integrated Amplifier

Item: Krell KAV 500i with remote
Price: $1400
Item Condition: Good *see below
Reason for selling: NLR :(
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal,
Extra Info:

250w into 8ohms and 500w into 4ohms. Has HT bypass ability on all inputs and can be used purely as preamp.

I told myself many times i'd never sell this one on, but I recently bought some tube monoblock amps that 

are a better match for my main speakers. This amp was amazing for my Kef r500s which I sold a while ago.

It was also a great match for my Q Acoustics Concept 40.

*The amp has a slight hum that comes in and out presumably from the transformer that can be heard

if you're right next to the amp. From my couch seated position I couldn't ever hear it but if you're sitting right

next to it you could. It sounds a bit like how a step-down transformer sounds. Due to this I have adjusted the price.

Local pickup is preferred as I don't have original box and it weighs about 23kg.

IMG_20190928_141543.jpg

IMG_20190928_141614.jpg

IMG_20190928_141750.jpg

Edited by zakblue

Pretty common Krell integrated problem.

Mine did the same and it had absolutely zero effect on playback.

This is a bargain.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By FreddieB
      Item: Krell HTS 5.1
      Price: 450
      Item Condition: very good
      Reason for selling: Surplus to needs
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:  Surplus to needs at the moment and a regretful sale as it is an amazing sounding unit even as a 2 channel dac/pre, just too much gear and don't have a use for it atm.  Comes with remote as pictured.  I don't think the remote is working, but I haven't put any effort into trying to get it to work, swapped the batteries but that is all.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By tfranic
      Item: Krell KAV-300i, 240V
      Price: $1200 + postage
      Item Condition: Used but in excellent working condition
      Reason for selling: Moved house and with too much gear, lightening the load
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

Very reluctant sale as this is an excellent unit and whilst other amplifiers have come and gone, this has always sounded and performed flawlessly. I am the 2nd owner and used it to drive my old series B&W 604s. Whilst the back sticker states it is a 115V it definitely a 240V unit.
      I have the original double box packaging, the remote, operating manual and torx key. Input 3 is currently set for surround sound processor so bypasses volume control but can be changed with the flick of the jumper on the inside panel. Instructions within the manual.

No marks to speak of except small one in the centre top panel at the back edge as seen in the last photo.

Made in the USA

Photos:

• By SHF Mona Vale
      Item: Krell S-550i Integrated Amplifier (2013 model)
      Price: $3500
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Trade in Product
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only This product is available for in-store audition and is store pickup only
      Extra Info: https://sydneyhifimonavale.com.au/products/krell-s-550i-integrated-amplifier-used

Design: Fully Balanced Differential Class A/B Integrated Amplifier Power Output: 275 wpc (8 Ohms); 550 wpc (4 Ohms) THD: <0.025% at 1 kHz Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz +0, -0.08 dB Inputs: 1 Balanced XLR, 3 Unbalanced RCA, 1 iPod 30-Pin Connector Outputs: 1 Pair Pre Out RCA and 1 Pair Speaker Input Impedance: Balanced – 95 kOhms; Single-Ended – 47.5 kOhms Output Impedance: <0.073 ? at 20 Hz; <0.08 ?, 20 Hz to 20 kHz Damping Factor: >110 at 20 Hz (8 Ohm Load); >75, 20 Hz to 20 kHz (8 Ohm Load) Dimensions: 5.84″ H x 17.26″ W x 17.70″ D Weight: 64 Pounds  
      Pictures:

• By LWA Staff
      Item: Krell HTS 7.1 A/V processor
      Location: Len Wallis Audio HQ, 64 Burns Bay road, Lane Cove, NSW 2066
      Price: $1950 StereoNET Special $1500
      Item Condition: Excellent Secondhand Condition
      Shipping: We can ship anywhere in Australia, POA
      Payment Method: Credit Cards, Cash, Paypal, Bank Transfer, ZipMoney
      Extra Info:
      This superb and rare Krell HTS 7.1 A/V processor with digital board upgrade is in excellent condition.

Note this it is Pre HDMI with component and ‘S’ inputs.
      Could also be used as a very good 2-channel pre-amp.
      Specs: Signal to Noise Ratio: 94dB "A" Weighted
      Analog audio inputs:1 pair XLR, 7 RCA, one 7.1 multi-channel input
      Analog Outputs: 8 XLR, 8 RCA,1 multi-channel DB-25
      Digital audio inputs: 5 coaxial, 2 TosLink
      Video inputs: 4 S-Video, 4 Composite,
      2 Component + 2 Pairs of analog tape inputs
      Decoding Modes: Dolby ProLogic II, DD, DTS, Dolby Digital EX, DTS-ES Discrete and Matrix 6.1. DTS Neo:6, 9 Krell music surround modes
      1 RS-232, 1 RC-5, 4 12V out triggers, one 12V in trigger
      Pictures: