Kids and intrigued fingers

DanD2019

Hello everyone. My name is Dan, I started my interested in Mid and Hi Fi in the early 90s but dropped away due to kid's intrigued little fingers (I had the expensice experience of having to replace a cone on my 801s). Now that they are older, I've regained my interest. I'm impressed by how extensive and resourceful this site is, wow and well done to everyone. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DanD2019 said:

Hello everyone. My name is Dan, I started my interested in Mid and Hi Fi in the early 90s but dropped away due to kid's intrigued little fingers (I had the expensice experience of having to replace a cone on my 801s). Now that they are older, I've regained my interest. I'm impressed by how extensive and resourceful this site is, wow and well done to everyone. 

Yes ... kid's 'intrigued' little fingers!  :(  Nearly 40 years ago, a little kid bent the cantilever on my stylus.  Unfortunately, as it was my boss's kid ... I didn't have much recourse, apart from sucking it up!  :(  :(

Andy

• Like 2

It was funny last weekend I've not long bought my daughter a car. My second oldest daughter went for a drive and she slammed the door and my daughter that owns the car went off to the sibling. I was sitting there shaking my head. I was lucky enough with my audio gear that I have a dedicated listening room and the kids were never allowed in that room they have their room and I have mine. lol. DON"T ever get a fish tank while you got kids, that is a major attraction for little fingers.

Edited by Rollen

16 hours ago, steffanth said:

I drive uber on the weekends . . . and let me tell you . . . when its not their car . . . it doesnt matter how old they are . . . they will slam the **** outu your doors.  I even put signs on the back of my seats asking them to be gentle . . . . thats works for about 50% of people.  Funnily enough . . . . the worst cuplrits are (from my 3 years experience driving uber) are in order . . . .

1. Irish

2. chinese

3. 20 y/o female

Sad but true,  we don't always respect other people's properties like we do our own. In Hong Kong they have self closing doors, even in the really old taxis. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rollen said:

It was funny last weekend I've not long bought my daughter a car. My second oldest daughter went for a drive and she slammed the door and my daughter that owns the car went off to the sibling. I was sitting there shaking my head. I was lucky enough with my audio gear that I have a dedicated listening room and the kids were never allowed in that room they have their room and I have mine. lol. DON"T ever get a fish tank while you got kids, that is a major attraction for little fingers.

Haha... sibling quarrel, you should mention this at the dinner table and have a laugh with them.  

• Like 1

Hahahahaha.  Kids.

I remember many years ago my high school music teacher coming into class in a not so good mood.

Apparently over the weekend he was doing some handyman work in the livingroom and left his electric drill on the floor.  He was distracted by a neighbour wanting to borrow something IIRC, and he went into his garage to find whatever his neighbour wanted to borrow.

He returned back to his handyman task only to find his 5 year old son grinning from ear to ear saying "Daddy! look I helped out...." 

Yeah, well not in the way his father had intended.  The kid drilled several holes through the front of his Bose 901 speakers.

Kids, don't ya just luv 'em?

Cheers,

Alan R.