SOLD: JVC X500 Projector

SOLD

Item: JVC X500 Projector
Price: $1700
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: Upgraded
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal
Extra Info:

Still on first lamp, with under 2200 hours at present - always run in Eco mode. 

Includes Monoprice Blackbird HDCP convertor, so it will display a 4K signal using E-shift faux 4K.

Also includes Datacolor Spyder 4 Elite so you can use JVC's Autocal software to do your own calibration (last done ~250 hours ago).

Includes JVC 3D emitter and one pair of genuine JVC 3D glasses - both never used.

All original packaging and remote.

Still puts out a wonderful picture - my photographic skills don't do it justice. Courier is possible at buyers cost (and insurance) but preference initially given to local buyers. I'll keep it set up for a few more days to aid a demo, but then the new N5 will be installed. Note this has always been operated in a smoke free and air-conditioned environment.

Will also be offering an Aussiemorphic Mk4 Lens and Cineslide in a separate ad shortly.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

JVC X500.jpg

Spyder 4 Elite.jpg

Blackbird.jpg

Scully.jpg

Bladerunner eye.jpg

• Like 1

This is a great projector! In fact, I think it’s the best in the 5series full stop. In fact, it was very close in performance to the x700 if you read reviews! 

It has the highest contrast of any of the 5xxx models, and it was really downhill after this point for the 5 series. Brightness increased with the x5000 but with a large drop in contrast - both on/off and ANSI. The x5000 and later were also budget models with not so great optics, etc. 

if you are interested, message the seller and you may be able to work out a deal! ? 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, bjc said:

Any convergence issues at the edges@Quark? I'm interested, just need to do some reading as I've been out for a while! Feel free to PM.

Regards,
Brett

Hi Brett, after using the part pixel adjust for some less than a full pixel misconvergence, it looks absolutely perfect. The new N5 was a whole pixel horizontally out on the red pixels (albeit they are a smaller pixel).

Given no-one has pounced on this yet I'm definitely open to shipping interstate.

For any locals wanting to inspect, I've taken it down and put the N5 up, but can still set up a demo.

2 hours ago, j19801110 said:

This is a great projector! In fact, I think it’s the best in the 5series full stop. In fact, it was very close in performance to the x700 if you read reviews! 

It has the highest contrast of any of the 5xxx models, and it was really downhill after this point for the 5 series. Brightness increased with the x5000 but with a large drop in contrast - both on/off and ANSI. The x5000 and later were also budget models with not so great optics, etc. 

if you are interested, message the seller and you may be able to work out a deal! ? 

1 hour ago, gillmaverick said:

This is a great projector. I had the same model and It does throw an amazing photo. Bargain at the asking price considering 3D glasses and included spider camera. GLWTS.

59 minutes ago, M튆àR 2 said:

Also have this projector. Stunning picture for a great price. Bargain with all the extras.

Thanks guys, you're right. The wife can't understand why I upgraded...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simbot82 said:

Super out of it but will this do lens memory/2.35:1

Yes, these have lens memory so you can switch between 16:9 and scope when you have a scope screen. I was using an anamorphic lens, so the lens motors have had little use. :)

32 minutes ago, simbot82 said:

So why did you have a specific lens for the same purpose?

Sorry if that is a simple question :)

It was a leftover from the days when I had a BenQ W6000 with manual lens only.  Thought I may as well use the A-lens with the X500, but now I'll be putting up an ad for it and the slide to help offset the cost of the N5.

• Like 1