Roon discount code.

Yamaha_man

I would think twice about a lifetime membership at the moment, Roon's future may be unknown with the release of Amazon HD.

Will Amazon allow Roon to integrate?

Will Amazon crush Tidal and Qobuz? (Roons current integrated streaming services.)

My 2 cents worth.

• Like 1

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, awayward said:

I would think twice about a lifetime membership at the moment, Roon's future may be unknown with the release of Amazon HD.

Will Amazon allow Roon to integrate?

Will Amazon crush Tidal and Qobuz? (Roons current integrated streaming services.)

My 2 cents worth.

I think that's a big call. Amazon Music HD hasn't even launched in more than half of the world, and in conversation with Amazon Australia this morning, there is not even a roadmap for Australia. To date, Amazon's music catalog has been a bit light, and they know it, hence the good offer to get people onboard.

Sure, it's disruptive, but to suggest Roon's future is unknown is a bit over the top IMO. 

Will Roon allow Amazon to integrate, will Amazon allow Roon to integrate. What about Spotify? Who knows? What about the myriad of other streaming services that are relatively unknown at this point, or the new ones emerging monthly in new regions? 

I hear what you are saying in terms of the advice you've offered but I believe Roon is in a very good, strong position.

• Like 3

Isn’t the purpose of roon to organise and add information like reviews lyrics etc to your own collection of CDs on a computer?

Will Amazon be doing that?

I just made a lifetime commitment but that was not relevant to streaming purely around organisation and display of CDs 

The biggest problem and it is a big one is that I can’t add lyrics reviews musicians to records or songs but I hope that changes before I get too old to care

1 hour ago, Yamaha_man said:

Looking at getting a life membership ASAP.

Does anyone know of a current discount code available or any deals!

I'd be interested in this as well, looking to move to Roon.

I take on board the comments above, but would still like to go down this path

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, keyse1 said:

Isn’t the purpose of roon to organise and add information like reviews lyrics etc to your own collection of CDs on a computer?

Roon treats your own collection, and your streaming services the same when added to your Roon library, one big cohesive management of music in the one place.

1 hour ago, Yamaha_man said:

Ok I think 3 is enough for a group buy.

So how do we do this??

One of you has to coordinate the buy after signing up. Can't remember if you can do it from a trial account, or if you need to pay for a year 1st (they refund the year when you buy lifetime, or so they say). But one person has to pay the lot and then get reimbursed by the others 

1 minute ago, sakabatou said:

One of you has to coordinate the buy after signing up. Can't remember if you can do it from a trial account, or if you need to pay for a year 1st (they refund the year when you buy lifetime, or so they say). But one person has to pay the lot and then get reimbursed by the others 

Roger that. 
I’ll  sort it this weekend. 

• Like 1

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Yamaha_man said:

I’ve been informed only 1  server can be used at a fine which would render a group buy useless.

Can anyone confirm this?

That's normal mate. Each 'house' would be running its own Roon Server anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest scumbag

The only scope for a bona fide discount on a yearly or lifetime Roon membership is to get an existing member to purchase a 3 pack and give them as "gifts". 

• 2 weeks later...

I did this with another 2 SNAers  earlier in the year. Got the payment from them and then I bought the 3 pack lifetime membership at the discounted price. Once purchased you get 3 links to down load the lifetime software. You can send the links the anyone and the just download it so make sure you get that bit right!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 months later...
On 20/10/2019 at 7:41 AM, noddyc43 said:

I did this with another 2 SNAers  earlier in the year. Got the payment from them and then I bought the 3 pack lifetime membership at the discounted price. Once purchased you get 3 links to down load the lifetime software. You can send the links the anyone and the just download it so make sure you get that bit right!

So what kind of discount did you get? I just started my trial and if I were to continue using the service would definitely go with the lifetime option.

• 1 month later...

Well...I'd say we have a collection of interested parties to go up to their CEO and ask for an Aussie discount.

(also given the falling Aussie dollar)