SOLD: FS: SONUS FABER OLYMPICA III SPEAKERS

SOLD

Item: Sonus Faber Olympica III floorstanding 3-way speakers in premium Graphite finish
Price: $10K FIRM. No offers or tyre kickers please. Current RRP around $20K
Item Condition: Excellent. Virtually as new
Reason for selling: Wilson Benesch ACT60 LE & Torus Infrasonic Generator
Payment Method: Cash, Bank transfer or Paypal
Extra Info: Renowned as a work of art in appearance as well as sound, to my taste these speakers have only been edged out by a $47K Wilson Benesch combo. Compared to a plethora of distinguished speakers I've had here over the last couple of years (Dynaudio Confidence, B&W 802D, Marten, Magico, etc.) they are hard to fault. Plus, for those who have a WAF factor to consider, they leave the rest for dead in styling with subtlety, as only the Italians can.

Their extreme quality of build is not just for looks, with the lyre shaped enclosure, progressive thickness triple curvature damped "spread resonance spectrum system" walls and solid walnut vertical clamps plus unique paralaminar venting contributing to a remarkably uncoloured result. Sonus Faber have incorporated new innovations and technologies derived from their most expensive models, like the Aida woofers, a brand new midrange driver manufactured from a complex blend of materials and "damped apex dome" tweeter which combines a silk dome and ring transducer. The crossover uses only the highest quality components, including Mundorf Evo Oil capacitors and Jantzen inductors. At 90dB SPL they are also not hard to drive.

As the flagship model of a current range I believe they will emerge as a classic, far better than any previous Sonus Faber I've heard in this price range and beyond.
Please pardon my photos. They look much more impressive in the flesh!
Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG_2427.JPG

IMG_2445.JPG

IMG_2450.JPG

IMG_2428.JPG

IMG_2448.JPG

IMG_2447.JPG

IMG_2436.JPG

Edited by Audionerd
  • Like 4

I have heard the SF Amati Homage against these & these are very close in all areas without spending the extra $10k on the Amati Homage.

Of course the Amati is another beautiful looking piece of art but these are too.GLWTS

14 minutes ago, Audionerd said:

Hi Dacman

The Olympicas sound even better than when you last heard them.

A couple of relatively cheap new tweaks should stagger you.

The fact that the changes are so noticeable is a compliment to the design.

Simply stunning looking.

The wood grain gives me a woody.

Not heard these speakers...if they sound as good as they look!

Half price too. Bargain. GLWS.

20 hours ago, needlerunner said:

Simply stunning looking.

The wood grain gives me a woody.

Not heard these speakers...if they sound as good as they look!

Half price too. Bargain. GLWS.

settle down you guys are making me think were talking about a beautiful woman!!!! in any case ill be keen to have another listen friday? dont make me buy these........ please

On 24/09/2019 at 4:01 PM, Audionerd said:

Hi Dacman

The Olympicas sound even better than when you last heard them.

A couple of relatively cheap new tweaks should stagger you.

The fact that the changes are so noticeable is a compliment to the design.

Yes had the chance to listen to these beauties yesterday very very nice ...perhaps id still be married if i got these instead of the puppys....pictures dont do them justice