SOLD: FS: Ayre CX7e-MP CD Player

SOLD

Item: Ayre CX7e-MP
Price: $1,500 + shipping at your cost
Item Condition: Excellent. 
Reason for selling: NLR
Payment Method: Cash, Paypal
Extra Info: Only mark is slight blemish on the left front ridge above the Ayre logo as per the photo. Other than that, no other marks. Not shown in the photo's is the remote control which is included in the sale. Both balanced or unbalanced outputs as well as digital out should you just wish to use the transport in this excellent player. All original boxes and manuals as per photos. The "e" for Evolution model (as this example is) has upgraded sound compared to the non-evolution models, as per this review here ... 
https://www.stereophile.com/content/ayre-cx-7-cd-player-cx-7e-february-2006

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

AYRE-8.jpg

AYRE-7.jpg

AYRE-1.jpg

AYRE-4.jpg

AYRE-5.jpg

AYRE-6.jpg

AYRE-3.jpg

AYRE-2.jpg

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Monk said:

Makes your username somewhat ironic... 

:D

Okay so its pick on me Friday thats fine, I deserve it, i am more visual like an eagle and just look at images and like an eagle cannot read English. haha

Back to thread about CD player and remote for sale - nice one at that,

• Like 3

Maybe someone who is a guru on these players will chime in to clarify. But my understanding was that the CX-7e later models manufactured with the MP included, had the front panel 'waveform' to show this. However, if you had an older non-MP CX-7 or CX-7e you could still get the MP mod done, but I do not believe they changed the front plate over to the one with the waveform.  Mine certainly didn't. As per the thread (https://www.stereophile.com/content/ayre-cx-7-cd-player-cx-7esupmpsup-october-2009) the mod changed the cable from the transport from flat ribbon to twisted pair, and also added a "time remaining" feature to the display. I have opened the player and in photo 1, you can see the cable from the transport is not a flat ribbon. Photo 2 you can see the front circuit board was originally  ver 2.2 but has been updated to ver 2.4. As this board is on the front, it has the display, buttons etc circuits on it. I loaded a short video to youtube to show both that the remote works perfectly (and is included in the price) and also I point to the display where it can indeed be cycled through the display options to show a "time remaining". Hope this satisfies everyone. If not, sorry but it's all I have. :) Photos added and here's the link to youtube showing the remote works and LCD can display time remaining ....

AYRE-MPcable.jpg

AYRE-OrigSerNumInside.jpg

• Like 2