Rega P3-24 Ortofon 2M Bronze, with Groovetracer sub-platter and platter upgrades, Michell counterweight  and white belt

Item:  EOI on splitting: Rega P3-24 Ortofon 2M Bronze, with Groovetracer sub-platter and platter upgrades, Michell counterweight  and white belt
Price:  Price Drop $1200 firm
Item Condition:  Very good. A solid 8/10. Some very minor blemishes
Reason for selling:  Bauer DPS3
Payment Method: Cash, Paypal, Bank transfer
Extra Info: Upgraded platter, sub-platter, belt, counterweight 

It has the Groovertracer reference sub-platter, Delrin platter and Rega white belt upgrades, Michell Engineering underslung counterweight, with an Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge (approx 400 hours). It has an external power supply with 33/45 electronic speed selection.

Bias plays a part, of course, but this review on the sub-platter pretty much sums it up: The improvements are immediately noticeable and equivalent to moving up to the next price class, and perhaps beyond. The soundstage snaps into focus with greater clarity. The noise floor drops substantially, along with surface noise, which is pushed deep into the background as it is on more expensive tables. 

And on the Delrin platter: The sonic benefits include well balanced frequency response with no loss in dynamics. Upper frequencies are better defined which in turn allows more inner detail to shine through. The improved presentation of instruments within the soundstage provides better imaging.

The sub-platter and platter alone are worth about $850, and the cartridge is about $400 to replace. The Michell counterweight cost me $240 from the UK in about April this year. There are two counterweights; one for cartridges 3-6 grams and one for cartridges 6-13 grams. Both allow the lid to be closed during play.

I have loved this rig. It has served me well, but the call to upgrade cannot go unheeded, so it's time for a new home.

I have all the original packaging and can ship anywhere at buyers expense. Includes boxes for Delrin platter, counterweight and sub-platter if required.

I would consider separating, but think the unit benefits greatly from the upgrades so would  prefer to sell as a package.

I have extras, such as felt mats, and all original parts will come with it. Basically, all the Rega stuff I have is included.

This EOI is to gauge the interest in splitting this deck and upgrades. I will only consider selling if there is interest in all parts, including stock deck. So, up for offer is:

Rega P3-24 (stock, no cartridge or with cartridge) - with white belt)

Ortofon 2M Bronze (subject to above)

Groovetracer reference sub-platter

Groovetracer Delrin platter

Michell counterweight 

Pictures:

20180824_181405.jpg

20180824_170737.jpg

20180824_172256.jpg

20180824_172000.jpg

20180824_171918.jpg

20180824_171538.jpg

20180824_172027.jpg

20180824_185527.jpg

20180824_170920.jpg

20180824_170830.jpg

20180824_170503.jpg

20180824_170525.jpg

20190813_063617.jpg

20190813_063903.jpg

20190813_063924.jpg

20190813_062455.jpg

20190813_062528.jpg

Edited by Orca
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Orca said:

This is as good as it gets for a P3. It is brilliant.

Nice piece of kit Orca. Delrin platters make a huge difference. I know, I've got one. I think the Bronze cart is a lot more than you quoted, think around $650.

This is a real bagain people. This doesn't get any better than this.

Heard a similar setup a couple of years ago and the sound was stupendous, compared to a stocky.

You would have to spend a few thou to get to this level.

I even like the colour.

20 hours ago, needlerunner said:

Nice piece of kit Orca. Delrin platters make a huge difference. I know, I've got one. I think the Bronze cart is a lot more than you quoted, think around $650.

This is a real bagain people. This doesn't get any better than this.

Heard a similar setup a couple of years ago and the sound was stupendous, compared to a stocky.

You would have to spend a few thou to get to this level.

I even like the colour.

Thanks for the support, NR. It is a very, very good setup. I'd keep it if not for the upgrade. Now it just sits around looking, well, green. 

Hopefully someone will come to their senses and grab it. Not fair to have it not spinning.

Thanks for the support, NR. It is a very, very good setup. I'd keep it if not for the upgrade. Now it just sits around looking, well, green. 
Hopefully someone will come to their senses and grab it. Not fair to have it not spinning.
GLWS.
Enjoy your your new tt. 10k+ without tone arm, has to be something special.
Look forward to an update on how it sounds.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is a setup that has been painstakingly constructed. The new value of the upgrades alone (and let's face it, it's metal and Delrin, so isn't going to wear out) is about equivalent to the asking price here. Come on, give this baby a new home. 

• Like 1