Sign in to follow this  
dayday

Trigger cable question for Denon amp

Hi all,

a strange thing is happening with my Denon 6500H.

When I plugged my trigger cable into my power amp, it's doing the opposite of what it's supposed to do

ie, Denon turns on, the power amp turns off.  vice versa.

I tried different settings in the Denon menu, but it either turns the whole thing trigger function off, or if I set the trigger function to "on", it's doing the above.

is it my cable? mine is just a single 3.5mm plug I found laying around.

anyone with a solution?

Are you using a stereo or mono cable/plug? I believe a mono connection is required.

good point.  

no idea tbh.  maybe it's a stereo cable!

Hi,

bought a new mono cable but still not working?!

I went thru the Denon Trigger-on menu but still not working.

as soon as I turn on the "trigger on" for input BLURAY (ie the only HDMI input I am using), the power amp turns off.

and power amp turns back on when I turn off the DENON AV.  So that at least proves the trigger function IS working and seeing the signal thru.

if I disable the "trigger ON: for input BLURAY, power amp stays on forever.

any solutions guys?  its driving me nuts and wasted $5 on another mono cable.

Don’t know if it would make any difference but maybe the 12v trigger is out of sync. Turn the Denon on, which will turn off the power amp, then manually turn amp on and hopefully they may be back in sync?

Make sure that you connect the trigger out from the Denon and trigger In on the amp. 

I hope things are working now dayday.

My Denon 4810 has two tigger outs. I use one trigger to power a small cooling fan when the amp is running multiple channel sound modes. The Denon allows you to set up  each trigger to be on (12v running) or off (no current) depending on the zone that is powered on AND by the selected sound mode. So I have it set to off for music listening (stereo, direct, pure and DTS music etc.) and on for movie sound modes. 

That keeps the amp cool for movies and quiet for music.

I haven't been sucessful in triggering my Cyrus amps to power on however I believe thats because the Cyrus mc-bus system is quite proprietary and needs a closed loop.

Interested to know if any Cyrus users have  managed to have other equipment / AVRs work with the MC-bus system.

1 hour ago, Huntsman said:

I hope things are working now dayday.

My Denon 4810 has two tigger outs. I use one trigger to power a small cooling fan when the amp is running multiple channel sound modes. The Denon allows you to set up  each trigger to be on (12v running) or off (no current) depending on the zone that is powered on AND by the selected sound mode. So I have it set to off for music listening (stereo, direct, pure and DTS music etc.) and on for movie sound modes. 

That keeps the amp cool for movies and quiet for music.I

I’m intrigued by this. So, does the 12v trigger output a steady 12v signal that you can use to power stuff? Do you know how many amps? Like, could you power a little Bluetooth receiver or a hard drive or something? 

to the OP, what power amp is it? I think we used to have this trouble occasionally with the Rotels and it was just a matter of flipping a switch somewhere 

Yes, it must be constant 12v to power the cooling fan (from J-Car Electronics). So as long as your devices take 12v and you can feed them from the trigger out they should work. 

The power amps I use are two Cyrus Mono X's for the front speakers.

Careful driving loads with a trigger output.

They generally have limited available output current.

10 hours ago, TEZZA said:

Careful driving loads with a trigger output.

They generally have limited available output current.

The manual says 150mA

On 20/09/2019 at 8:20 AM, dayday said:

Denon turns on, the power amp turns off.  vice versa

Does the Amp have a trigger setting for Pos or Neg trigger?