Sign in to follow this  
tchye nguyen

FS: SPEAKERS DESIGN AND BUILT BY COLLIN WHATMOUGH

Item: FLOOR STANDING SPEAKERS DESIGN AND BUILT BY COLLIN WHATMOUGH ONLY ONE PAIR IN AUSTRALIA. YEAR BUILT 2005.
Price: $850
Item Condition: IN PERFECT WORKING CONDITION. SPEAKERS CABINET OK BUT CAN BE SAND DOWN AND REPOLISH. (CHERRY WOOD VENEER)
Reason for selling: TOO MANY SPEAKERS. 
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, 

COD Only. No transport very heavy roughly 32 - 35kg each
Extra Info: QUALITY BUILD SPEAKERS. BASS DRIVER IS VERY FAMOUS 8 INCHES FOCAL KEVLAR. MIDRANGE IS 3.5 INCHED CARBON FIBRE. TWEETER IS SCANPEAK. CROSSOVER IS TRI WIRE USING FAMOUS MICHELL BINDING POST. EASY TO DRIVE SPEAKERS. WEIGHT 32 TO 35KG EACH.  102cm high without spike with spike 104cm. 44cm depth and 25cm wide. 3 CHAMBER CABINET. ONE FOR MIDRANGE AND TWEETER. ONE FOR CROSSOVER AND ONE FOR BASS DRIVER. REFER TO PHOTO.

THESE FOCAL DRIVERS ARE USE IN COLLIN WHATMOUGH 505I FLAG SHIP SPEAKERS.

WILL DONATE AFTER SALE.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

20190816_160923.jpg

20190804_121441.jpg

20190803_170537.jpg

20190803_170528.jpg

20190803_163107.jpg

20190804_121441.jpg

Edited by tchye nguyen

They are MASSIVE speakers!

2 minutes ago, DMax said:

They are MASSIVE speakers!

They look nearly like there from Back to the Future.

Would love to hear the Whatmough's, he was a great speaker builder.

Wow love the beautiful pair of vintage Hartley Concertmaster speakers 4 way with the 24" bass driver and Decca ribbon tweeters super rare would love to have a listen to these. You have some great vintage gear there tchye nguyn, man of my own heart wish you were in Sydney mate.

GLWTS of the Whatmough's Collin made some great speakers!

Thanks Simo They are Hartley concert master.

1 hour ago, HypnoToad said:

They look nearly like there from Back to the Future.

Would love to hear the Whatmough's, he was a great speaker builder.

That was the funniest scene in the movie when he gets blasted across the room :D 

................................................Those are certainly Big Speakers ............................................

................................................................GLWS ..........................................................

How much of a upgrade would these be compared to my P31? 

I think I'm interested as a Impulse purchase. 

What are the dimensions on these please? And can I bridge them and use it with my Primare Spa23 av amp? 

Hi WoopWoop I will put the demension later. If You need more info You can PM me. 

4 hours ago, tchye nguyen said:

Thanks Simo They are Hartley concert master.

Yes I owned Hartleys--Kudos there !

Big admirer here also  of Colin's Speakers myself

--Used to recall his demos to the Melbourne Audio club in the late 70"s at Bernard Rollo's.

Willco

Edited by Willco

I see you only have one pair of conects to the rear, are these for highs lows or mids?

I'm interested what's the post code ? 

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By IanB
      Item Condition: New still in box Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: North Fitzroy State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal Cash on pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

I am selling this item for a friend who has inherited it and has no need for them.
      I am also selling other items from this inheritance which include an extensive range of HI End componets.
      KEEP POSTED!

one set of  4 Stillpoints Ultra bases. These  improve the performance of Ultra footers.
      More available

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
    • By IanB
      Item Condition: New still in box Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: North Fitzroy State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal Cash on pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

I am selling this item for a friend who has inherited it and has no need for them.
      I am also selling other items from this inheritance which include an extensive range of HI End componets.
      KEEP POSTED!

one set of  3 Stillpoints Ultra Bases. These  bases improve the performance of Ultra footers.
      More available

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved
    • By IanB
      KEEP POSTED!

One set of  3 Stillpoints Ultra SS Footers. These  are the state-of-the-art vibration control devices. Reviewed highly with many reviews found on web.
      More available

Photos:

PLEASE READ
    • By Vince Z
      Item Condition: Presents in mint condition Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Canberra State: Australian Capital Territory Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: No longer required. Further information: I'm the original owner. The unit has operated flawlessly and has been a joy to listen to.  The operating manual is included, however, the original packing box is unavailable. Due to its weight, 17. 7 kg, local pick up is preferred. Although I would consider shipping the unit at the buyer's expense.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• By IanB

KEEP POSTED!

one set of  4 Stillpoints Ultra SS Footers. These  are the state-of-the-art vibration control devices. Review highly with many reviews found on web.
      More available

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't in
      e photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved