WOW Classic

Ugly

I dd it 15 years ago and dont really understand what all the hype is.  From what my mates are telling me who are trying to relive the glory days,  say it is just like old times.  Not in a good way IMO.  Sever crashes, reboots and queues.  And also 6 months to grind to lvl 60 if you are  only playing a few hours each night...   A mate said he had died more times in one night than he had in the last few retail expansions.

Then the people who power level to 60 not sure what they will do waiting for others to hit 60, let alone being decently geared to do the 60 man raids.  I always hated trying to manage 60 or more people doing the high end raids in MC and Onixya.  

At least for the newbies they can have a taste of what hard work and time sink the game was.

I played back in the day ( very addictive) but have been away for 10 years. My eldest son got me playing again about 3 months ago. The current expansions were massively dumbed down and made it easy to get full epics without raiding. The looking for group tool that operates across servers, kills the community vibe.

I've been back on classic for the last couple of weeks and really enjoying it.

Nostalgia is part of it although the early days of discovery and newness can not be recaptured. I've found a guild made up of middle age men with kids, many of whom log on later in the evening once kids are in bed. It's far more social and chilled.

I like it....I guess I'll see if it holds my attention

• Like 1

I tried 15 years ago. I initially loved the size of the open world, but found the game to be a boring grind-fest.

In particular I hated how restricted you were in combat purely because of your level. No amount of skill could help you overcome a stronger foe. I hit. They hit. I hit. They hit. Cast spell. They hit. I hit. They hit. Now I am dead. Didn't help that I couldn't be arsed joining a group.

The only game I'll ever need is Skyrim... at least until the next Elder Scrolls game is released.

Edited by Bikkitz
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...