Extra Info: I have the original boxes
Photos: 

IMG_2567.jpg.c8e528c131025fb274d8af45353155f7.jpg

IMG_2574.jpg.9424ec3ed5b0c08ec5728f3e2ab3ec1c.jpg

IMG_2572.jpg.886dd220017b21b309f017d0c7bcff0e.jpg

IMG_2571.jpg.aabdc26b4198fe86802a3ed80cb0b6e4.jpg

IMG_2570.jpg.797442152bd9f86a6b4a62f6a40211f3.jpg

GLWTS. 

Sorry to hear that these did not work out for you. 

So did you go with the Harbeth 40.2 Anniversary to go with the Luxman? 

18 hours ago, jay8354 said:

GLWTS. 

Sorry to hear that these did not work out for you. 

So did you go with the Harbeth 40.2 Anniversary to go with the Luxman? 

Hi Jay

I downgraded from the 40th 40.2 to the 40th shl5+ which I kept for a while.

I had a lot of money tied up in the system and thought it would be good to clear some bills and start again. Got a Devialet and the Sonus Fabers sound really great but some Shl5 came up and at the same price as the Grand Piano so I thought I'd swap again. Can't keep up with myself sometimes haha

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ngquan
      Item:  AV receivers- Denon 391, Denon 1312, Pioneer VSX 522
      Price: 30 dollars each
      Item Condition:Used, fair condition, no remote, no manual, no cables, working.
      Reason for selling: NLR,  clear the garage.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash. 
      Extra Info-

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By coolhand
      Item: Meadowlark Audio, Kestrel 2 Loudspeakers
      Price: $2200
      Item Condition: Pristine
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: Can ship to anyone, anywhere, at purchasers expense !

Final Edition with Premium Factory Upgrades, include original boxes, grilles, spikes & manual
      Specification: 8ohms, 35hz - 40khz, 89dB @ 1m, 19kg each

The flat out delightful Kestrel 2 are an entirely solid timber, U.S.A hand made, matched & serial numbered pair of 1st-order, time/phase-coherent transmission line loudspeakers.

What separates them from virtually every other speaker I've experienced to date, (even those priced multiples of their original $4000 Aud. retail cost) is not the fact that they employ a unique, Impedance Coupled Bass loading transmission line system & 2" thick 'Double Decoupled' baffle. 
      Nor is it the superb triple layer Peerless Woofers & Vifa ring radiator tweeters, pure annealed solid silver point to point wired & externally chambered crossover comprised of Perfect Lay ribbon inductors, 1% tolerance Caddock power resistors, premium Auricap film capacitors and pure copper Vampire bi-wire posts.... 

It's primarily their uncanny ability to 'disappear' once the music begins to play, as well as an accuracy of timing & tonality which is beguiling to say the very least !!
      They also command an exceptionally  wide & flat frequency response which is simply astonishing for their physical size and/or price point.

The pair I'm selling are virtually indistinguishable from brand new condition and additionally I have fitted the excellent bi-wireable Vampire Audio pure copper posts with the only possible enhancement, Cardas pure tellurium solid copper jumpers 😉

I'm willing to ship them (fully insured) anywhere at buyers expense.

The following review expands on their salient qualities:

Meadowlark Audio Kestrel 2 Review

Photos: 

KESTREL 2 EXCLUSIVE REVIEW.pdf
    • By dles1972
      Item: Duelund 16GA speaker lead
      Price: various
      Item Condition: used
      Reason for selling: surplus to my needs 
      Extra Info: bought 1.90 meter pair from Aurealis with spades and was underwhelmed until I removed the spades and went bare wire to amp and speakers. 
      Then purchased a 3.35 meter length so that I could run amp off centre. Was my preferred speaker lead over Chord Odyssey for last few years with tube amp, Vincent mono blocks/Musical Fidelity Pre and a Yamaha A-S1000 but I've moved to a Marantz PM8005 and for whatever reason it doesn't pair well which is annoying as the midrange on the Duelund is one of the most natural sounds I've ever had in a speaker lead. 
      As I have 3 lengths to sell its hard to price them, so I'll list as individual lengths maybe
      2 x 190cm at $60 each
      1 x 335cms at $90 

• By coolhand
      Item: Faital Pro HF-108 (8 ohm) 1" (Pair) & B&C DE-250 (8 ohm) 1" (Pair) 
      Price: See below
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Extra Info: Can ship to anyone, anywhere, at purchasers expense !

1 pair each of Faital HF-108 (8 ohm) 1" and B&C DE-250 (8 ohm) 1" compression drivers.

Exceptionally popular with DIY horn-speaker aficionados, both of these drivers are superbly smooth performers, with very uniform frequency response and excellent tonality aided by their Polymer (i.e: non-metallic) diaphragms.

Both pairs are essentially as new and function as such, with perhaps 50 hours of use between them.
      I purchased (brand new) 4 pairs of different make/model compression drivers to measure and perform listening tests in a pair of horn speakers I've been developing, these 2 pairs are now surplus to requirements.

The HF-108 cost ~$650 Aud. landed from USSpeaker.com

http://www.usspeaker.com/Faital Pro HF108-1.htm

Asking: $500

The DE-250 cost ~$520 Aud. landed from USSpeaker.com

http://www.usspeaker.com/B&C-DE250-1.htm

Asking: $370

• By gary chen
      Item: Beyerdynamic DT 990 250 ohm
      Price: 150
      Item Condition: brand new
      Reason for selling: Not used
      Extra Info:
      These have being out of the box for around 15 hours of use, perfect condition. Wide V shaped sound with great speed and resolution, a studio staple.