FS: YAMAHA DSP-A1 AV Receiver/Amplifier

Item: YAMAHA DSP-A1 AV Receiver/Amplifier
Price: $650
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: NLR
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

This is the Yamaha DSP-A1 in the beautiful gold colour with polished wooden sides. It’s in very nice condition both cosmetically and technically. It’s in spotless condition. The original price was almost $5000 new.

It comes with the original backlit remote and manual.

It can be used in a 7 speaker configuration but also in stereo mode and it is one of the best receivers I heard. It can be used with the included DSP modes but also without them in direct mode. The bass is one of the best. I used it in the digital configuration (optical) and again the internal dac is very good too.

Mains - 110W + 110W

Centre - 110W

Rears - 110W + 110W

Fronts - 35W + 35W

- Digital sound field processor

- Dolby digital AC-3 decoder

- Dolby  Pro Logic surround decoder

- DTS Decoder

- Cinema DSP

- Auto input balance control for Dolby Pro Logic Surround

- Test tone generator

- Backlight learning remote control

I can post it at the buyer expense. It will be double boxed.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

20190916_134452.jpg

20190916_134517.jpg

20190916_134502.jpg

20190916_134436.jpg

20190916_134407.jpg

20190916_134534.jpg

• Like 2

Just sold my DSP AX1 - and miss it already! It just worked for whatever reason and always had heaps of headroom available.

I've never done a head to head AX1 vs A1 but if they are even remotely similar this would be a pretty cool amp.

Edited by MTG

I had the chance of comparing the AX1 with the A1...By comparison I've found AX1 a bit more brighter and "edgy" compared with the A1. The AX1 was one of the first true home theatre receivers. Not that the A1 is boring but I can listen to it for hours without any fatigue.  The A1  is more "analogue" and I think I can really see it in a stereo system due to its musicality. Apart from the DSP modes a few things are digital..even the volume pot is analogue.. Looking up different forums I've found that many upgraded from the A1 but they never actually experienced the same sound quality in the newer and "better" receivers ..