ATC Owners & Discussion Thread

Guest Misterioso

Long time never update this thread...

ATC SCM100SE with the new tweeters. ATCs Ben Lilly mentioned upgrades will be available for existing ATC. Woo Hoo :)

Brother Naimster the ATC SCM100SE will be excellent addition to you house, wall to wall you get what I mean. ;D

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi to all ATC owners, I am currently considering upgrading my integrated amp from Marantz PM KI Pearl Lite to ATC SIA2-150. Speakers which I am using will be PMC 22..i'm not sure if the ATC amp will pair up well with the PMC speakers..wld like to seek feedback from all of you...thanks

Walked into the atc showroom at isse just now and was very pleasantly surprised by how good the scm 7 sounded. They had the small scm 7 on stands next to the huge active one you see in the picture above, and I wasn't quite sure which were playing and had to ask the person there. Even then, I thought the sub next to it was playing, but it wasn't!

The scm 7 is now on my shortlist for my desktop setup

Thank you for visiting us at the show!

You also have to factor in the Prism Sound Lyra HiFi DAC that was being used.  8)

There will be a special package price for the SIACD with the SCM11.

There will also be special prices for the SCM40 display pair and the SE100 ( special edition SCM100 active tower ).

Please approach the friendly people at CDA Pro-Audio for details  :)

Guest durianlover88

I kept staring at the DAC...thinking it could be a prism (having used prism Orpheus before and know they are bery good) - thanks :)

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

China ATC copy cat ........ less than SGD 2000 for the whole set including the Yamaha AV receiver?!  :o

I have been to the factory in the UK and seen how they do things. Trust me when I say that it will be very hard for any company to make a copy that will be of similar quality.  :)

Joel, any idea where and when I can have a listen to the scm40a?

CDA Pro-Audio is working out the details with ATC for the first shipment of SCM40A into Singapore.

Meanwhile, we have the SCM40 passives in our showroom at Sim Lim Tower #02-30.

Our dealer Live Acoustics also has a pair of SCM40 in his showroom, Blk 34 Upper Cross Street #02-152.

The ATC P1 amplifier is available at Live Acoustics as well.

We have an SCM100 SE Active, demo pair, in Burr Magnolia, from the show that we can offer you at a very good price as well.

Please contact CDA Pro-Audio for more details about the SCM100 SE and other questions that you may have.

Cheers

I opened up my old ATC SCM7 (1st Gen) recently to see what they were using and to my surprise the caps were Ansar Supersounds!

These are way above the usual SCR/Axon/Solen type so they stayed. I had them since 2001 which replaced my Harbeth HLP3.

I just rewired the original stranded copper wire to solid silver and replace the original wadding with some Acoustuff. Results? A small improvement in detail.

Was it worth it? To me yes, since I could do it. As for others, no, unless you know what you're doing. It is not easy.

I love the 130mm midwoofer but the current Vifa D26 tweeter is not up to par with it. Plan to change it with a Vifa XT25 as well as the crossover.... We'll see what happens next. ;D

There's a scanspeak drop in replacement for vifa and it's bloody cheap and good. Don't even need crossover change. I did mine for at least a year already and I have never felt it not on par with the main driver.

It's this one...

http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/scanspeak-soft-dome-tweeters/scanspeak-discovery-d2606/9220-1-textile-dome-tweeter/

• 5 months later...

Hello!

CDA Pro-audio Singapore is very pleased to announce our new showroom.

Location is 70 Bendemeer Road, Luzerne, #01-01A, 339941.

Opening hours :

Tues to Fri 10.30am to 7pm.

Mon and Sat 2pm to 7pm.

Sundays by appointment only.

Do visit us for a demonstration of ATC HiFi and Professional Audio speakers.

CDA Pro-Audio Official Facebook Page - visit and like us on Facebook!

14572981_10157648132010571_8711722663281052540_n.jpg?oh=44c64a57db305c1cac210ddf25ef4bec&oe=58F21A9D

15095065_10157867186875571_776768396381955981_n.jpg?oh=3c3909eff708139ab389ac509d4e1ac5&oe=5927E66A