Record shops in Osaka

2 hours ago, 5L15 said:

I can’t/don’t remember if the prices include gst which increased from 8%-10%??

You're right, I forgot that - it's always added on at the till.

They call it a 'tax', and as such, it's added on to the total while at the register.

So my estimated conversion above is actually about right... (my dodgy maths actually worked out!)   ;)

If you're a foreigner, and the amount is over a certain amount, you can claim the tax back, or not be charged it at all by showing your passport.

Edited by candyflip
  • Like 1

On 14/10/2019 at 6:53 AM, candyflip said:

To figure out the rough prices above, take off 2 noughts from the YEN for the $ value in OZ $, then add 25% conversion rate.

so JPY 5400 = AUS$54 + 25% = AUS$73-$74

I just divided  the price  by 70 And that gave me a good estimate, it always be higher than that but it was a good ball park figure for me, i.e. 5k yuans will be about 70 bucks 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, candyflip said:

You're right, I forgot that - it's always added on at the till.

They call it a 'tax', and as such, it's added on to the total while at the register.

So my estimated conversion above is actually about right... (my dodgy maths actually worked out!)   ;)

If you're a foreigner, and the amount is over a certain amount, you can claim the tax back, or not be charged it at all by showing your passport.

You’re right too, if you as a foreigner spend over ¥5000 ($65aud approx) and you will need to have your passport with you at the time of purchase then you can claim back the gst at the participating store. ( in short, you don’t pay the gst).

your passport will be loaded with paperwork that you’re only allowed to remove once you’re at the airport, you are to place the paperwork in the gst bin that gets sorted after you leave the country.

Edited by 5L15