Family Jules

FS: Graham Slee Accession MC Phono Preamp

Item: Graham Slee Accession MC
Price: $1450 for pick up, $1500 for postage within Australia inc. insurance
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: Upgraded
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

As you can see from the photos this unit is in immaculate condition and comes with all the original packaging. It was purchased brand new from Wyndham Audio in June 2018 and was in use for about 12 months. I am selling purely because I decided to upgrade a few months ago.

I have owned a few different Graham Slee units over the years and they never fail to impress, to say they punch weigh above their weight is a massive understatement. I honestly have no idea how they manage to create such wonderfully detailed and authentic sounding products for such a reasonable price and in such a tiny package.

The sound stage and depth is astonishing and always seemed to extend beyond what I thought my speakers were capable of. It is so authentic and accurate while staying very easy to listen to, you really do feel like you're absorbed by the music and not just listening to a reproduction. The phono preamp I upgraded to was a Brinkmann Edison MkII which although in my opinion does sound better, at the same time reiterated how amazing the Accession is as the two units aren't as far apart as you might expect.

If you have any questions I'm happy to answer to the best of my ability. I have included a screen shot of the unit's specs along with the photos below.
Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

IMG_3572.jpg

IMG_3573.jpg

IMG_3575.jpg

IMG_3576.jpg

IMG_3577.jpg

IMG_3578.jpg

IMG_3579.jpg

MC Specs.png

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lc2dr
      Hi All,

I'm very much a newbie when it comes to turntables so I'm looking for a little advice.

I've got my hands on a Toshiba (Aurex) SR-Q550 turntable from a now passed family member and would like to get back into playing some vinyl with it.  From what I've read on the net it seems to be a reasonable quality turntable from the early '80s with a mid-mass arm.

The turntable still appears to have the original cartridge & stylus but I'm looking to purchase a suitable replacement + a phono preamp to connect it up to my existing '90s vintage gear.

Some suitable cartridges I've read about through various forums include Audio-Technica's AT95E or AT100E, Shure M97xE, Ortofon Super OM 10 or 2M Red.  Anybody have any thoughts on these or other cartridges that may suit?

In terms of phono preamps, I've shortlisted the following grouped by similar price points:

- Cambridge Audio CP2 v Vincent PHO-8 v Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 'Communicator'
      - Graham Slee Gram2 Amp 2 SE v Dared LP1 v Vincent PhO-701

Would it be worth purchasing something from the 2nd group based on the turntable quality or is it wasted money?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    • By Besty22
      Item: Graham Slee Gram amp 2 SE Phono stage
      Price: 300
      Item Condition: Used
      Reason for selling: No longer required
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal gift, COD Only
      Extra Info: Had this for a couple of years and was using it to feed my HT Amp, but now have a Hi Fi  Amp which sounds great.
      I used a remote switch so the wall wart was only on during use.

Pictures:

• By Chickenism
      Item:  Ray Samuels Audio F117 The Nighthawk Phono Pre
      Price:  $350 
      Item Condition: Excellent/Mint
      Reason for selling: No longer into vinyl
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Bank Transfer
      Extra Info:  Wonderful sounding battery powered phono preamp.  Has adjustable gain and loading to optimise for different cartridges.
      This unit was bought new by me as part of an SNA group buy a couple of years ago and hasn't been used for a year or so now, since I (regrettably) sold my turntable.  From memory, I paid a little over $700 for it back then.  It's in absolutely mint condition with box and charger included.
      $10 postage or pickup available.

Pictures: