Muzza71

Morel 3 Way Large Stand Mount DIY Loudspeaker System Perth

Item: Morel 3 Way Large Stand Mount DIY Loudspeaker System 

Price: $1800
Item Condition: Very Good
Reason for selling: NLR
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

The system offered comprises of 2 large 3 way bi-wired stand mount speakers in a curved Cherry 21 litre cabinet. Also included is a Dual 31 band Graphic Equaliser and an Omnimic V2 Acoustic Measurement System & 2 sets of 700mm stands.

To ensure a flat frequency response is achieved I have implemented a 31 band analogue graphic equaliser and Dayton Audio Omnimic V2 Acoustic Measurement System which runs sweeps from either a cd player or thumb drive. To achieve a flat frequency response, adjustments need to be made to the 31 band graphic equaliser in real time whilst running sweeps from the Omnimic measurement tool.

These speakers will sound as good as speakers 3 x my asking price.

I have Bryston Mini T 3 way Stand Mounts at RRP $6000.00  to demo against.

I have attached photos of Frequency Response graphs taken 1 metre away from the speakers before and after applying EQ (In room response).  

Below is a breakdown of system component list and parts purchase prices including delivery in $AUD:

2 x Dayton Audio MTMC-0.75CH 21l MTM Curved Cabinet Cherry                = $469.00

4 x Morel TiW 634FT Titanium Series Ferrite 6” Woofer 4 Ohm                    = $900.00

2 x Morel TM4055-8 2" Midrange and 1-1/8" Tweeter Speaker Plate             = $520.00

4 x Dayton Audio BPP-SN Premium Binding Post Jack Pair                          = $110.00

2 x Dayton 800-HPF-8 High Pass Crossover 800 Hz 12 dB/Octave               =  $ 34.00

2 x Dayton  800-LPF-8 Low Pass Crossover 800 Hz 12 dB/Octave               =  $ 54.00

2 x Dayton 3.5k-LPF-8 Low Pass Crossover 3,500 Hz 12 dB/Octave              =  $ 22.00

2 x Dayton 3.5k-HPF-8 High Pass Crossover 3,500 Hz 12 dB/Octave           =  $ 22.00

31 Band Graphic Equaliser                                                                                    = $355.00

Dayton Audio Omnimic V2 Acoustic measurement System                         = $389.00

2 x pairs of Stand Mount Speaker Stands 1 x wood 1 x steel/Glass               = $275.00

Baffle driver holes cut out by professional                                                        = $100.00

TOTAL      $3205.00

The speakers are 8 ohm, the 2 Morel 6” 4 0hm woofers are wired in series equalling 8 ohms.

The Woofers crossover at 800hz to the midrange, then the midrange crosses over to the tweeter at 3500hz.

Internal speaker wiring Van Den Hull Clearwater.

Internal cabinet walls are lined with Response combination  Butyl/foam super sound deadener.

Magnetic Grilles.

Cabinets are very sturdy with a thud response when knocked on

Both speaker stands can be filled with sand/filling.

Dimensions H 508mm W 215mm D 342mm

Each speaker weighs 14.5kg

Local buyers only at this stage, however if there is no local interest I can ship interstate in 3 separate boxes, speaker stands will not be shipped therefore local buyers consider the speaker stands as a freebie.

I will help setup for local buyers.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

Morel Speakers 1.jpg

Morel Speakers 2.jpg

Morel Drivers.jpg

Cabinet Side 1.jpg

Cabinet Side 2.jpg

Cabinet Top 1.jpg

Cabinet Rear 1.jpg

Cabinet Internals.jpg

Omnimic V2.jpg

31 Band Graphic Equalizer.jpg

700mm Stands.jpg

Left Channel Frequency Response 1 metre.png

Left Channel Frequency Response 1 Metre with EQ.png

Right Channel Frequency Response 1 metre.jpg

Right Channel Frequency Response 1 metre with EQ (1).png

Even better now Stuart as I hadn't implemented the Equaliser and Omnimic to get the required frequency response when you auditioned those amazing Mola Mola Kaluga Monoblocks 👍

Lovely units Muz. Credit to you.

Can't see these lasting, especially at that price.

To all those that have enquired and that may like to know, No the Omnimic will not be sold separately.

The Omnimic is such a great tool, every serious HiFi setup could do with the knowledge the Omnimic provides around frequency response both at speaker level and In-room, as well as a host of other benefits.

1 hour ago, Muzza71 said:

To all those that have enquired and that may like to know, No the Omnimic will not be sold separately.

The Omnimic is such a great tool, every serious HiFi setup could do with the knowledge the Omnimic provides around frequency response both at speaker level and In-

room, as well as a host of other benefits.

Speakers look absolutely fantastic! The wood stands look made for them!

For those after the Omnimic from Muzza, LSK sell the Omnimic V2 at a very good price (cheaper than the US price converted to AUD)

Edited by jamiebosco

4 hours ago, Muzza71 said:

Thanks @needlerunner alot of R&D has gone into where they are now 👍

You are welcome mate.

If l had not just bought new speakers, l reckon l would have snapped them up. Best looking stand speaker combination l have seen in a long time.

Wow this is a fantastic speaker project. I would love to hear them, I have a soft spot for Morel drivers. AMazed these havent been snapped up tbh.