R U OK? Day - Charity Raffle (Vinyl/ * AND ADDED IEM’s)

COMPLETED!
see final page...

Thank you all ?:heart:

R U OK?

image.png.4a832c2e2b51b770d6a7be8ccfef7acb.png

This raffle seeks to support one of our own, a charity giving drive by respected not-for-profit,

The Wayside Chapel - Sydney

"...Today is R U OK? Day and for the occasion, all Wayside staff across both locations are going to come together to celebrate each other and talk about how we are doing. There will be a few fun activities in store for them, including a pie-tasting contest.

News has come through this week of a sports-star that has died in a “single car accident”. He was an unofficial campaigner for men’s mental health and I will always remember when he talked about his struggles. As a young man he once shared they had always been told to forget their emotions and suck it up, and later he realised that when we struggle it is important to take our hand and stick it up, and say, “I’m not going so well”.

Our lives are a journey and not an event, so we will re-commit to walking and talking together as we care for all those who fall by the Wayside. We will remind ourselves that we don’t need anyone to be an expert, we just have to be present enough to look someone in the eyes, ask how they are and listen. We know that when any of us walk away feeling met rather than worked on, then positive action is a likely outcome...."

Please follow the link to see where the raffle funds will go:

https://www.waysidechapel.org.au/precious-and-fragile/

How it works:

·         the record (and postage to anywhere in Australia) is offered FREE as a prize to SNA members.

·         ALL raffle funds donated in this raffle are going straight to the above link after close.

·         A receipt of the funds given to Wayside Chapel  and will be posted here with the video draw.

·         The winner gets the prizes posted to their door, FREE.

·         Everyone else feeds, clothes and supports in a myriad of ways, the homeless.

·         Unlimited $$ donations accepted until 10pm, Thursday 19/09/19

Donate here:  https://paypal.me/pools/c/8i9ygo9iJC 

* Please drop a note in this thread to let us know you’ve donated and I can allocate you a number.

No number requests please - they will be assigned in order of receipt of a donation.

* ‘The Hat’ software will do the draw.
It’s old and creaky, but it does the job with a GUI front-end I can film, as we do the draw together.

The SNA Admin and Moderator Team will have full oversight of this process.

The prize is:

VINYL

R-7927979-1460228223-1860.jpeg.jpg

VARIOUS ARTISTS - TRAINSPOTTING - 1996 Double vinyl original UK 1st pressing (EMI ‎– 7243 8 37190 1 3) like Brand New. These in such great condition are *really* hard to find - and can be worth anything from AU$100+ and up.
Play it, display it, flip it, your choice.

IEM's

Ortofon e-Q7 in black (as donated by  @A J  - thank you!) worth around $400 when new in box.

IMG_2218.thumb.jpg.64c9d3e9ba8833645b542c637665c800.jpg

So get into this...help the homeless with a small donation of anything you think worthy, and maybe carry away these wonderful prizes.

thank you.   :) 

Donations go here :  https://paypal.me/pools/c/8i9ygo9iJC   (PayPal POOL set up specifically for this cause)

RAFFLE DRAW Numbers are as follows (assigned in order of receipt of donation, and named as per PayPal identity or SNA handle when known - please correct me where I've got it wrong?):

1. Zippi (Zlatan)
  2. David C (DarkNark)
  3. Steven Ilich (Mendes)
  4. Simon M 
  5. Andrew J (A J)
  6. Ray Bull  (qlder75)
  7. Les (LogicprObe)
  8. Murray (ThirdDrawerDown)
  9. Matthew F 
  10. Ben L (luzart)
  11. Suresh R (pine weasel)
  12. Emiel L
  13. Glen M (glenm64)
  14. Ian F (Muon 'N)
  15. Marty D (woopwoop360)
  16. Brendan M (reflux075)
  17. Matt H (Sceeta)
  18. Rod c (rodders3)
  19. Les W (Uncle Seth)
  20. M.Stammers (Interface)

Edited by candyflip
Added more PRIZES ! ! !
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic effort so far everyone - thank you!

Entries end next Thursday night.

If anyone has anything lying about the house, that they want to donate to the cause, and they'd be happy to post to the winner in Australia, PLEASE feel free to join in and add to the prize pool.

It would certainly be appreciated!   :heart:

and that includes our Commercial members too, of course!  :welcome:

• Like 1

OK I'll jump in - here's a set of highly rated IEM's that cost me about $400 a few haircuts ago - I have boat loads of headphones so these were never really used. They have been refreshed and fully refurbished. They are stunning quality - happy to donate more to the cause

• Like 2

5 hours ago, A J said:

OK I'll jump in - here's a set of highly rated IEM's that cost me about $400 a few haircuts ago - I have boat loads of headphones so these were never really used. They have been refreshed and fully refurbished. They are stunning quality - happy to donate more to the cause

Wow @A J that’s incredible!!

can I buy tickets in this?!? ?

THANK YOU.

Prize pool is now collectable vinyl, as many HiFi mags as you can carry, and some super HQ IEM’s!

You’d be mad not to have a stab. ?

• Like 1

Couldn't help much, but chipped in 10 bucks.

Was surprised that the total for 6 days was so little, is this just us here is it?

If I win I'd like to donate the prizes back to be used again for more fund raising. Edit: ear buds are tempting, but meh..

Edited by Muon N'