Sign in to follow this  
blybo

RIP Danny "Spud" Frawley

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/footy-personality-dead-after-victorian-car-crash/news-story/16654639f9d07aa74fc092c70b078c26

I've never met the man, nor supported St.Kilda or Richmond, but his bubbly personality stood out like a beacon in the media and I feel like I've lost a friend. He had a public battle with mental health issues and I hope like hell for his family that his single car accident, the day after his birthday, doesn't have an even sadder/darker cause.

If you have any friends you think may be doing it tough please contact them and ask if they are okay.

Thanks @blybo I really liked him as a player when i was young - even though i never supported St Kilda. I got to meet him once (with BT) they both came up to Canberra to speak at an Ainslie FC dinner around 2008-9, (cant quite remember - my employer was sponsoring the event to a degree) so we were able to join them for lunch and meet them.

Spud was instantly likeable, incredibly genuine and actually a bloody big bloke!  I have been thinking of that day a lot since i heard the awful news. Like you said - we have lost a friend even though we may have never known him.

Big shock this one....his personality belied his demons, even though he had bravely and publically laid them bare. One of the nicest blokes in footy and will be truly missed. At peace now....