EXPIRED: FS: VPI WITHDRAWN FROM SALE

Item: FS: WITHDRAWN FROM SALE
Price: WITHDRAWN FROM SALE
Item Condition: Excellent. All components function as they should. Dust cover has been repaired after a split
Reason for selling: Quitting my analogue rig
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: Having substantially sold off a large portion of my vinyl collection it has come to this. Will post Aust wide and it WILL be carefully packed. Courier contribution (for two boxes) from you will be $60 with the balance paid by me.

There's also a Yaqin phono stage included in the sale. Cart has less than 50 hours on it. Cart and arm pics now included. Original arm box also included which includes an alignment tool. 

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

9D9035EF-0CAA-4278-B621-19FD8728D9A3.jpeg

6F017B1F-104D-4A2C-BBFE-DFAF14DA36DC.jpeg

BC2C8DD2-E6BF-41E4-B39A-04CF819575CA.jpeg

A0A5C378-8C55-43FE-8AFC-FE6A4EAE46FA.jpeg

IMG_20190909_173609.jpg

IMG_20190909_173636.jpg

IMG_20190909_173652.jpg

Edited by rotur
More pictures
  • Like 1

Guest jakeyb77
32 minutes ago, rotur said:

Item: EOI: VPI HW19 Turntable/Clearaudio Arm/Dynavector Cartridge
Price: $1500
Item Condition: Excellent. Ask components function as they should. Dust cover has been repaired after a split
Reason for selling: Quitting my analogue rig
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: Having substantially sold off a large portion of my vinyl collection it has come to this. Will post Aust wide and it WILL be carefully packed. Courier contribution (for two boxes) from you will be $60 with the balance paid by me.

There's also a Yaqin phono stage included in the sale. EOI at this stage as I need to firm up the arm and cart details tonight when back at home. Cart has less than 50 hours on it.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

9D9035EF-0CAA-4278-B621-19FD8728D9A3.jpeg

6F017B1F-104D-4A2C-BBFE-DFAF14DA36DC.jpeg

BC2C8DD2-E6BF-41E4-B39A-04CF819575CA.jpeg

A0A5C378-8C55-43FE-8AFC-FE6A4EAE46FA.jpeg

@joz I’m sure @Grizzly could bring it over with him. 

4 hours ago, jakeyb77 said:

@joz I’m sure @Grizzly could bring it over with him. 

2 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Yeah I could possibly squeeze it in for the trip to Melb in October.

Cart looks like it might be a 20X2

@jakeyb77 In the other thread you told me to wait.

@Grizzly Don't listen to Jake.

It’s a bargain!

I happen to know this turntable and got the DV 20X2 brand new for Rotur and installed it. It’s probably not even run in and was purchased from JD Audio so it is genuine. Current price of a 20x2 is over $1350.

The Turntable has a solid Oak plinth. Some HW19’s also had mdf plinths. The motor unit was upgraded to a SAMA ( stand alone motor) which sits separate but still hidden inside the plinth. It is in fact a HW19 mk3, with this models platter, bearing and subchassis. The mk 3 platter is made of acrylic but is lined underneath with lead and then a layer of cork/rubber.

The spring suspension was defeated before rotur got the turntable. Many say this improves performance. I happen to have a set of the springs and hardware for a HW19 from years ago if anyone is interested for a small fee. Might have a spare new armboard too for those that like tinkering. Removing and replacing the armboard is a piece of cake and can be done from the top by undoing the 6 visible screws.

The bearing thrust pad was serviced and highly polished as was the bearing spindle. Different balls were tried on the bearing tip, steel (original), titanium nitride, ruby and sapphire. Both the ruby and sapphire balls gave better sonics and in the end ruby was chosen. The turntable bearing was lubricated as was the motor so there should be no issues for a long time.

GLWTS

Edited by skies2clear
  • Like 4