SOLD: FS: Jazz LPs (Jap pressings, Blue Note)

APuri

SOLD

Item: A bunch of stellar Jazz LPs (see below)
Price: Details below
Item Condition: Details below
Reason for selling: Culling the herd
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal (Friends & family only)
Extra Info:

Shipped in secondhand, LP-specific cardboard mailers to ensure safe delivery!

Postage will be charged at or below cost (AusPost), and is in ADDITION to the quoted prices below. Combined postage is certainly possible.

Money back guarantee on these LPs, they are in awesome condition and I stand by my word - buyer will need to cover return shipping.

All LPs graded according to the Goldmine Standard

https://support.discogs.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001566193-How-To-Grade-Items 

Conservative grading

Cover first / Record second

I do a quick playthrough prior to listing these, and will comment on obvious audio imperfections...guaranteed no surprises, buy with confidence!

STILL AVAILABLE (9/9/19)

Bobby Hutcherson - Components (Stereo) - Blue Note - US 2015 BN75 reissue LP (BST84213) NM/NM. Pretty much brand new. Only a few months old. Played once or twice. Solid pressing for the price. Vibraphone based jazz at its finest. $22

Chick Corea - The Song of SInging (Stereo) - Blue Note - Japanese Toshiba Pressing 1985 (BST84353) NM/NM. Pretty much in new condition, with shrink and hype sticker still present. Would be hard to find in this condition. Played once or twice only. Avant garde for the hardcore jazz lovers. $25

Miles Davis - Miles of Jazz (Mono) - Japan Mercury 1975 (BT-5011) VG/NM. Nice compilation. Glossy clean vinyl. $15

ON HOLD 

Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers - Mosaic (Stereo) - Blue Note - US 2015 BN75 reissue LP (BST84090) NM/NM. Pretty much brand new. Only a few months old. Played once or twice. Solid pressing for the price. A great introduction to jazz for those just wanting to dip their toes in. $20

⭐Mahavishnu Orchestra - Birds of Fire (Stereo) - Japanese 1st pressing CBS/Sony 1973 (SOPL 175) VG/NM (no OBI, with inner sleeve and liner notes). 1st pressing of a Jazz-Rock, fusion masterpiece. Featuring the great Billy Cobham on drums. Actually more like a prog-rock album IMHO. Electric guitar, violin, synth-driven odd time signature proggy goodness. Absolutely clean pressing, vinyl itself looks like new. Some clicks and pops through quieter passages, which would likely disappear with a good ultrasonic clean. Some creasing of the corners. $30

Miles Davis - Vol 2 (Stereo) - Blue Note - US 2015 BN75 reissue LP (BLP1502) VG+/NM. Pretty much brand new. Only a few months old. Played once or twice. Solid pressing for the price. Digital source I believe. VG grading as there is a slight crease at top right corner (shipped to me like this). A great introduction to jazz for those just wanting to dip their toes in. $20

Thad Jones & Mel Lewis - Suite for Pops (Stereo) - US Horizon 1975 (SP701) G+/VG+. Big band jazz. Cover is a little worn down. Vinyl itself plays with no major issue. $5

SOLD 

⭐Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers - Moanin’ (Stereo) – Blue Note - Japanese King pressing 1978 (FRP 5-2 / GXK 8044 / BST 84003) VG+/NM (no OBI, with liner notes in japanese).  This record sounds amazing; warm, rich, full analogue tone. Glossy black vinyl that plays beautifully without noise except some light pops/clicks audible only between tracks. Sleeve shows its age with some yellowing, and minor shelf wear only. King pressings are well known for their immaculate, quiet vinyl and amazing sound quality. Do some research and you’ll find their prices are steadily rising. This version in particular (FRP 5-2) is exceedingly rare, you wont even find it on Discogs. This album is a Jazz masterpiece, and no collection would be complete without it. Heres your chance at obtaining a pristine rare Japanese repress. $OLD

⭐Art Blakey Quintet - A Night At Birdland Vol 1 (Mono) - Blue Note - Japanese King pressing 1978 (GXK-8099M) VG+/NM (no OBI, with liner notes in Japanese). Record looks and plays like its brand new. Clean and jet black glossy, quiet wax with no imperfections visible/audible. Sleeve has some minor staining and shelf wear (see pics). King pressings are well known for their immaculate, quiet vinyl and amazing sound quality. Do some research and you’ll find their prices are steadily rising. This is a rare mono version of this amazing live performance, featuring legendary artists such as Horace Silver, and Lou Donaldson.  $OLD

Brown & Roach Incorporated - Brown & Roach Incorporated (Mono) - Japan Mercury 1974 (BT 1328) VG+/VG (no OBI, liner notes). Clifford Brown and Max Roach. Two legends, in a studio, riffing off each other. Some mind blowing chops on this one. Shiny vinyl looks mint, but plays with a little noise intermittently, hence the VG rating. $OLD

Charles Mingus - Mingus Dynasty (Stereo) - Japan CBS/Sony 1973 (SOPZ 28) NM/NM (no OBI, with inner sleeve and liner notes). Sleeve is still in shrink. A good example of post bop done right. Mingus was a phenomenal double bassist, and is supported by a stellar lineup here. $OLD

⭐The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out (Stereo) - Japan CBS/Sony 1974 (SOPM150) VG/VG+ (no OBI, with insert). A classic album, accessible cool jazz at its finest. Age-related brown staining of cover on front and back, and minor creasing at corners (see pics). Vinyl looks clean and glossy, with some fine, non feel-able scratches. Plays well with no skips. Some crackles and pops, only audible through quieter/silent passages. $OLD

The Dave Brubeck Quartet - 25th Anniversary Reunion (Stereo) - Japan Horizon/King 1977 (GP3514) NM/NM. Beautiful gatefold sleeve, in close to new condition. Vinyl looks glossy and new. Quiet pressing. Really well recorded/mastered live concert with the quartet playing the classics. $OLD

⭐John Coltrane - Live at the Village Vanguard Again! (Stereo) - Impulse! - US 1968 (AS9124) NM/NM. Again, thick and glossy gatefold sleeve, in close to new condition. Vinyl looks waxy and new, and plays through with no noise. Sounds like you’re there with the audience, very well recorded live performance. Overall amazing condition. $OLD

Sonny Clark - Cool Struttin' (Stereo) - Blue Note - Europe DOL 2015 (DOL834H) NM/NM. In close to new condition. Only played once. Clean, flat, thick 180g wax. Yes its a modern digital transfer, but the price reflects this. No better gateway drug into Blue Note goodness. Amazing hard bop, one of my favourites. $OLD

Sonny Rollins Quartet - Tenor Madness (Stereo) - Europe DOL 2015 (DOL871H) NM/NM. In close to new condition. Only played once. Again, a digital transfer, but so affordable. Monster album for the hard bop tenor sax fan. $OLD

Terumasa Hino - Trans-blue (Stereo) - Japan CBS/Sony 1985 (28AH 1835) NM/NM. Lovely group of jazz standards, performed with the backing of a full set of strings. Vinyl looks clean, and plays with no issue. $OLD

Chaka Khan / Freddie Hubbard / Joe Henderson / Chick Corea / Stanley Clarke / Lenny White - Echoes of an Era (Stereo) - Japan Elektra 1982 (P-11138) VG/NM. What a line up! Amazing vocal jazz. Chaka Khan is a powerhouse. Fingerprints/marks on the cover (more obvious against the gold). Gatefold. Glossy clean vinyl otherwise. $OLD

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask. 

I actually have quite a few more to sell, so keep an eye out for more posts from me this week!

Photos:

IMG_20190908_172117.jpg

IMG_20190908_172009.jpg

IMG_20190908_171528.jpg

IMG_20190831_152728.jpgIMG_20190831_152623.jpg

IMG_20190831_152617.jpg

IMG_20190831_151508.jpg

IMG_20190831_152138.jpgIMG_20190831_152145.jpgIMG_20190831_152328.jpg

IMG_20190831_150848.jpgIMG_20190831_150855.jpgIMG_20190831_150913.jpg

IMG_20190831_150212.jpgIMG_20190831_150344.jpgIMG_20190831_150501.jpg

IMG_20190831_150726.jpg

Edited by APuri
Updating availablity

I'll take:

The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out (Stereo)

Dave Brubeck Quartet - 25th Anniversary Reunion (Stereo) 

Terumasa Hino - Trans-blue (Stereo)

Chaka Khan / Freddie Hubbard / Joe Henderson / Chick Corea / Stanley Clarke / Lenny White - Echoes of an Era (Stereo) 

postage to 5038 please.

15 minutes ago, chick3nrice said:

I'll take:

The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out (Stereo)

Dave Brubeck Quartet - 25th Anniversary Reunion (Stereo) 

Terumasa Hino - Trans-blue (Stereo)

Chaka Khan / Freddie Hubbard / Joe Henderson / Chick Corea / Stanley Clarke / Lenny White - Echoes of an Era (Stereo) 

postage to 5038 please.

All yours except Chaka Khan/Hubbard. Will PM shortly.

25 minutes ago, Eagleeyes said:

trying to pick through if available can you pm whats left if the on hold ones fall over, thanks 

Sure thing, will finalise sales and tidy up the post by the end of today. Will PM you then.

5 hours ago, ollie_08 said:

I will take Miles Davis - Vol 2 (Stereo)  and Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers - Mosaic (Stereo)

Thanks

Hey, so sorry but someone else had PM'd me before and reserved those two already. I just hadn't got around to updating the post and replying messages until now. Apologize for the inconvenience!

8 hours ago, APuri said:

Hey, so sorry but someone else had PM'd me before and reserved those two already. I just hadn't got around to updating the post and replying messages until now. Apologize for the inconvenience!

No problem thanks for the update.