Budget 120" Screen

• Administrator

You get what you pay for at $250 - and if you're not expecting too much it will be fine.

Personally, I've used these which are great with genuine black flocked velvet edges, and great picture for the price:

https://www.selby.com.au/electronics/projectors-accessories/projector-screens/16-9/120inch-16-9-projector-screen-fixed-frame-psf169120p.html

you can make a screen.. you can use various materials from local screen suppliers such as (https://www.ozts.com.au/ ) or from the U.S. (https://www.carlofet.com/shop/projector-screen-material?) screen material to block out material from spotlight.

the velvet around the border can be pricy.

the wood is just pine but it depends on how you will mount it. i didnt want any warping as mine is not "flat" against the wall, so i over engineered it using 75x35 pine... with "L" shaped velvet covered 75mm wide borders made from pine that fitted over the frame....ended up i couldnt lift the finished screen haha

i would guess you could do it for about the same money as your linked screen, cheaper with less engineering than mine.. plenty ideas on youtube

Edited by hopefullguy

17 hours ago, bygrave316 said:

I actually have this screen. Quality of the frame is pretty great, much sturdier than elite screens (for a fraction of the price too!)

I'm pretty sure this comes from the same factory as the silver ticket screens. The manual is exactly the same (it even says Silver ticket in some pages).

4 minutes ago, waikis said:

I actually have this screen. Quality of the frame is pretty great, much sturdier than elite screens (for a fraction of the price too!)

I'm pretty sure this comes from the same factory as the silver ticket screens. The manual is exactly the same (it even says Silver ticket in some pages).

What's the picture quality like etc. 

You think it is better that a DIY fabric curtain blockout fabric screen?

I have no issues with the picture quality. 

Zero sparkles and I don't see any textures for the material. See attached for comparison of the ebay screen (top) vs elite cinegrey 3d (bottom). 

It will definitely be better than a fabric screen that's for sure. You will be able to see textures with those fabrics. 

What's your room situation like? 

DIY black widow paint might be an option too. 

20190806_160450.jpg

39 minutes ago, waikis said:

I have no issues with the picture quality. 

Zero sparkles and I don't see any textures for the material. See attached for comparison of the ebay screen (top) vs elite cinegrey 3d (bottom). 

It will definitely be better than a fabric screen that's for sure. You will be able to see textures with those fabrics. 

What's your room situation like? 

DIY black widow paint might be an option too. 

20190806_160450.jpg

Room is dedicated with black blockout curtain for the window. 

Rest of walls are trapped with black material. So no light issues.

Projector is benq w2700

Cheers