EXPIRED: Adam’s Amazing Annual Audiophile Auction sale.

Item: Adam’s Amazing Annual Audiophile Auction sale.
Price: Various See all adverts below
Item Condition: Mostly good or better
Reason for selling: Cash- not used - upgrades etc

10 years of HIFI’s agony, ecstasy, and system leftovers.

Items: A large collection of my Audio, visual components and cables from the last year, last decade for whenever.: From Rega, Vitus Audio , PS Audio, VPI, Technics, Bower and Wilkins– B &W, Bryston, Burson Audio , Audio Research,HSU, Chord, MIT, Analysis Plus, Tara Labs, Audioquest, Redefy Audio , Total Dac and Tom Evans.

Location: Perth- I am not a shop - its not retail in anyway just my own personal gear, all of it belongs to me and has been used by me. It is seriously just time to clear it out so thought an amusing listing title would help.

Price: Various as listed below, out all in one listing so as to not take up a whole page of listings on SNA.

Item Condition: Various from Brand new to used at various stages, each product has photos and descriptions and included in one monster listing for your reading pleasure. 

Reasonsfor selling:I have recently upgraded a lot of gear and also moved out of my office so have to consolidate 3 systems to 1 main oneand it’s a selection of still good and worthwhile components and cables etc that can find a new home.

Payment Method: Pickup / Delivery - Cash, Paypal, Bank transfers.

Can arrange couriers etc nationally, interstate or internationally. I expect this will take some time to work through everything but will freight everything in its original boxes etc if I have or will pack very well to send.  I can take to pack and send if you prefer, the Fremantle branch is close.

Extra Info: Everything listed is my own personal equipment from my home or office and I am taking the chance to clear excess in one go to also pay for funds spent on new products. Some information copied from reviews and Australian sales sites for rrp and specs etc, all can be found on first page of google

Photos: Of everything below , taken as high resolution as possible for clarification on condition, just ask or pm me. Others are from my iPhone and backed up with better web ones if required to show the product better with written product descriptions.

Products may get listed or sold elsewhere. Most items are sale only but considerations against other hi quality products may be considered.

Note with older gear I have tried to list at fair prices, if anyone thinks I am way off please advise accordingly. 

Photos will more than likely be at the bottom of complete listing.

-----------------------

B and W 802 Diamonds bought from Len Wallis last year 2nd owner very, very good condition, one mark on one side of one speakers and will all the accessories which are unused and look brand new. 

Bowers & Wilkins B&W 802 Diamond (D2) in Rosenut
Price: $12950 (incl. $50 Stereonet donation)
Item Condition: Excellent 97/100 one small weird mark on one side of one speaker.
Reason for selling: Upgrading
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Direct Bank Deposit, Paypal if buyer covers the fees.
Extra Info: B&W 802D2 in Rosenut in excellent condition. Includes all speaker grilles, original spike kits (with tommy bars), original castors (currently fitted) and bi-wire links. Manuals in PDF is available from B&W online. I do not have the crates, however I have the top and bottom polystyrene blocks  so the tops and bottoms are properly protected and then can be wrapped in bubblewrap and boxed in cardboard layers to travel interstate ( as they got to me) saves need for professional packaging, but could be delivered to pack and send with tops and bottoms and accessories to pack professionally .Use TNT Pack and Send or (Cope Sensitive Freight).

I purchased these from Len Wallis a year ago and they are in perfect working order and excellent physical condition, as I hope shows through in the photos. I'm happy to send you full resolution images (~4MB JPEG ea) on request. I may keep but if they sell I may upgrade.

I welcome auditions and inspections of any of this gear at home or will pack well or take to pro shippers.

-------------

PS AUDIO

PS audio p10 power generator 2 nd owner mint- no original box as bought locally in PERTH- Will box properly- or may keep this as could use in system forever.

Not much else to say bullet proof, well reviewed and awarded power conditioner/ regenerator.

Price $4500 ono

Condition excellent 95/100

---------------

VITUS Audio - Reviews and Award winners- check google for more info, below from Vitus audio.

Listening to music or watching a movie is not the same for everyone. The reason why is because we process audio and video on a subconscious level. In other words, it's an emotional experience. When the content is produced in a natural way, true to the intentions of the composer or producer, you might just get goose bumps. That's where you want to be. Some manufacturers create equipment with a distinct signature. Adding a certain character to the sound is not the same as striving for natural reproduction. Here at Vitus Audio we want to get as close to the original as possible. We put technology at the service of the music. It boils down to stand out, to rise above mediocrity. Just like you're not satisfied with that average car. You want more out of life: superior technology, breakthrough innovation, functional design and stellar performance. There are only a few manufacturers out there, which can produce cars that meet these expectations. We would like to think that we are the best-suited partner if you're looking for the same things in the audiovisual landscape. Our Reference Series offer a true entry in the world of high end. The range consists of 6 products. Feel free to explore them. Each of the Reference Series products offers expressivity, emotion and finesses. Are you ready to make the right choice?

Vitus RCD101  CD / SACD player and DAC 2nd owner after purchasing here from SNA member Adent 

Original box and remote and cd manual.

Price $6500 ono New 14k 

Condition excellent 98/100

Your hands feel sweaty, clammy if you want. A reflection of power overtakes you when the elegance of your body gives form to the shell shaped seats. They offer perfect side stability and a clever use of ergonomics enables a direct connection with the vehicle. All control elements in the cockpit are orientated around you to guarantee highly precise operation in split seconds. You firmly grab the leather steering wheel. Determination appears on your face when you flip the gear shift lever and leave no room for doubt. At the rear, four bevelled tailpipes finishers with their unmistakable sound send out a clear message. You are right on track with the RCD-101 CD Player.

Time for a musical triumph…

The heart of this precision instrument is the Philips Pro Drive, further enhanced by our engineers. The unit can be used as a fully integrated player or act as a standalone DAC. When purchasing the Vitus Audio RCD-101 CD Player, you are guaranteed an engaging, emotional experience, which exceeds the current musical standards. Vitus Audio is dedicated to expressivity and finesses rather than technical details and high performance measures. Our real strongholds are complete silence, unbelievable depth and width in the soundstage, resulting in a far more open sound with higher resolution. You could say, closer to the artist(s). Join our true dedication to neutral music reproduction.

Expressivity, emotion, finesses. Three words that best describe the essence of the RCD- 101 CD Player.

Vitus RI100  Integrated Amplifier 2nd owner after purchasing here from Adent 

Original box and remote and cd manual.

Price $7000 ono new 14k 

Condition excellent 98/100

It’s still early in the morning. You feel the first warming rays of the sun on your skin, while she appears on the horizon. Dew fills the racetrack with a mysterious glow. Test engineers remove the cloth of their creation. The silhouette of their statement cuts through the fog. Razor sharp. Ready to surprise everyone, to exceed his or her expectations. A moment of absolute silence. The world stands still, just for a brief moment. You can feel your heart beating. You’ve been living up to this moment. A loud roar brings you back to reality and it never looked and felt so good. You are right on track with the RI-101 Integrated Amplifier. 

Setting a new standard for sound quality at the price point. That goal was achieved with flying colors by our engineers. Now you can understand why we called our most accessible range the ‘Reference Series’. The first product of our Reference Series is an immediate game changer. Look at the impeccable build quality. Have every confidence in the musical abilities of the RI-101 Integrated Amplifier. Your musical masters are in the best hands. We invite you to take your first steps into the magical world of true musical performance. Whenever you’re ready, you can expand this beautiful amplifier with a phonostage, DAC and headamp, making it the control center of your musical experience.

Expressivity, emotion, finesses. Three words that best describe the essence of the RI-101 Integrated Amplifier.

ards

Vitus RS100 Matching power amplifier to Ri100 and to Bi Amp Speaker or use with pre amplifier or line level dac etc 

Bought new last year new and as new now. 

Original Box and manual.

Price $8000 ono NEW 14k Very rarely available- cannot find one on SNA.

Condition excellent /MINT 99/100

Eyes gently turn towards the lights. They switch to green. Milliseconds later the full potential of the engine unleashes. An unlikely force under the guard of a tip of a foot. Sweat beads on the font face. Adrenaline gushing through your body. Full power. Full control. Hands steer with a focus on infinity. The mind lingers as the band of screeching tires continues. The cheer of the crowd is ravishing. Applause swells when victory is within reach. You are right on track with the RS-101 Reference Stereo Power Amplifier

The technical ingenuity of our engineers made it possible to take the ‘musical engine’ of the RI-101 to a whole new level. Excellent craftsmanship and leading innovation enable it to capture the drama of a full-scale orchestra and translate it into a lifelike performance. Goosebumps. With advanced technology like an enhanced output stage and power supply, the RS-101 Reference Stereo Power Amplifier assures a future proof investment into music. No compromise. Its life long performance stands for the unique dedication of Vitus Audio as a manufacturer. Experience the musician’s finesse and the delicacy of each instrument with the intelligent Class A bias.

Expressivity, emotion, finesses. Three words that best describe the essence of the RS- 101 Reference Stereo Power Amplifier.

----------------------------

Technics 1210 and 1200 Turntables and Behringer VMX 300 mixer 

Legendary turntables form Technics.

SL1200 Direct drive Turntable SL1200MK5 and ATC 4400 MLA  very very good condition 90/100 Lid average as per all used decks $1250 ovno this is in really nice condition and could easily become and audiophiles home turntable it’s that nice. With Technics genuine rubber mat and slip mat and also spare as new Dj cart

SL 1210 MK3D Quartz Direct Drive turntable 1210 M3D a few more marks around edges and comes with Technics genuine rubber mat with AT new DJ cart

good condition, a lot better than average for age.

75/100 Lid average, deck some marks as photos, $950 ono

Behringer VMX 300 usb 3 channel battle mixer, used twice as new with beat counter etc. brand new used for a week $250

Price for Package $2200

--------------------------

Item: VERY RARE VPI TNT 5.5 HR Turntable, with all the fruit .

Full outboard SDS power/speed supply unit, extras and as new clearaudio concerto wood cartridge periphery ring, record weight and additional main bearing/ spindle to increase quality over standard motor only system. Upgraded MIT phono cable. Absolute beast in flight case to transport.

Price: $7000 for the turntable only or $9999.00 including Cart which new is $4495 and only 20 hours max use

Pricing of this classic Turntable is hard to establish but its value is based on advise from Audio Connection being $7000 for the deck plus cartridge cost. Cart would sell after deck for $3500 only.

Item Condition: Cart - new 99/100 Deck 95/100 a couple of ageing marks here and there very hard to spot but they may clean off but just mentioning.

Reason for selling: I have 3 decks all now for sale and don't know which one I want to keep so thought I would see if SNA could decide for me, I may keep 1 of these or sell all and change.

Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only Have full large flight case for this deck from a Classe per amp so its pretty much bomb proof and can travel anywhere at the buyers cost and discretion.

Extra Info: Deck comes with motor, belts, plinth, JMW12.5 arm and clear audio wood cart, additional metal weighted platter ring and additional flywheel pulley system which weights 10 kilos at least infact the entire deck must be close to 50 kilos with motor, pulley and all the other components , the hot rod also has air suspension for all the legs and an upgraded phono cable ( which can be upgraded even further if required) and a VPI record weight.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

https://www.stereophile.com/turntables/498/index.html

Original Prices: TNT V-HR, including JMW 12.5 tonearm, $8000. Tonearm only, $2800. Optional SDS motor/speed controller, $1000 = $11800 in 2001 = $17200US  which is now $25400 plus cart so lets call it approx 30k with extra periphery ring and record weight and upgrade tone arm lead etc.

Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/vpi-tnt-v-hr-turntable-jmw-125-tonearm-specifications#uF6QJBryy3t2E0S2.99

Cartridge The Clearaudio Concerto V2 $4495

Clearaudio has significantly improved our fully symmetrical MC design, first patented in 1980.

We redesigned the generator in a revolutionary way by positioning and doubling the magnets (to 8 pcs.) so the coils are operating in a much stronger magnetic field. Furthermore we have chosen the strongest magnetic material available: super neodymium. Through these achievements, the efficiency has been raised by 30%, which results in an output of up to 0.9 mV at 5cm/sec. All models now utilize the improved V2 generator.

The new Micro-HD Diamond tip provides a hybrid parabolic geometry with a stylus radii of 0.008mm x 0.040mm. The total mass (0.00016g) is a fifth of the previous diamond stylus.

Cartridge body resonances, while tracking in the groove, are minimized through the twelve finger design of the mounting plate, each finger with a different radius. This is the result of our constant research and development.

The cartridge bodies of our 5 models: Goldfinger, Titanium, da Vinci, Stradivari and Concerto are made out of the following: gold, titanium, ceramic coated aluminum, Ebony and Satinee wood. The generator construction of the new V2 moving coil cartridge generation is absolutely symmetrical: mechanically, magnetically and electrically, our unique design. All Clearaudio moving coils use our proven 24 ct. pure gold coils.

All the design aspects of Goldfinger, Titanium and Stradivari are found in the Concerto V2: the entry-level into our New-Generation-Super class of moving coil cartridges.

Both the satiné wood from which the body is made and its resonance-optimised shape contribute towards the excellent performance of the Concerto V2, the baby of the Clearaudio flagship range

VPI TNT HR turntable with extras. 13.5 arm new Clearaudio concerto wood cartridge 20 hours max , extra motor power spindle, SDS synchronous electronic drive unit, genuine  peripheral platter ring   and centre record weight , MIT upgraded phono cables all genuine VPI parts, very rare now , fits in Classe power amp crate, bought from Audio Connection last year 2018 and set up by Joe himself.

$9999 including cart or $6999 without as new cart. Original prices hard to work out for complete package – equivalent would be 20 k plus today and cart is $4495 rrp.

---------------------------------

Axis Ls28 bookshelf speakers black great sound and perfect sonically , scratched boxes. $200 awesome for rears on SS set up.

Xavian Bonbonus book shelf speakers in light ash wood great actually very good condition $350 same as above for as rears or smaller 

Burson Audio - Audio Debuffer / Buffer check details never used in system $500 new from memory sale price is $200 as new.

Audio enthusiasts generally have a healthy interest, although cynical at times, around new bits of kit and gear that pop up from time to time in the audio market. When you weed your way through the snake charmers and medicine men you occasionally find something that catches your eye and you want to know more.
I’m inquisitive but I get somewhat disappointed when I find what I thought was new, innovative and maybe a little different is just a ‘pig with lipstick’! I have recently been in the ‘pig pen’ with the Burson Buffer (AB160). Yes I know buffers are nothing new and a few well know brands have had their shot a building one. I read some rather rave reviews and few others that said the BB did not do much for them in their audio set-up. So I assumed that this device had the potential to do something. I thought I would ‘buy before I try’. I bought one from Burson in Melbourne Australia, where they are made. Burson have suppliers in the US and Canada, one well known supplier is Parts Connexion www.partsconnexion.com.

The box finally got to my address and I opened and hooked the up BB AB160. I thought it was a little heavy for what you get and looked rather sexy so I was pleased with its aesthetics. This device can sit between your source (CD et al) and your pre-amp or between you pre-amp and amp. I have tried both ways.

The first thing I noticed when I drove it through my ‘powerless shunt’ (similar to Axiom passive), that I made some months ago, was the immediate clarification of highs and lows. Things had more definition and punch and some bloating in the bottom end had gone. There was also better octave to octave integration and yes when you start to get excited you begin to hear more. I think it has to do with adrenalin levels but who cares if it makes you feel good…and it wasn’t illegal!

I put it away and then came back to it a few hours later and started to shift my bits of gear through it. All improved! I did not want to believe at first so I trotted my 17 year old son out to play the ‘blind tester’ (you can use 2 different sources or 2 different pre’s in the hookup). AB testing is made easy and I did find out that the BB AB160 does not add much, if anything, to the final sound because I could tell significant differences between my bits of gear. I haven’t been able to do this noting this sort of significance. My son could also tell the difference and not knowing what he was listening too (other than his music) he picked the BB as sounding better in 5 out of 6 trials. I tried Altmann Dac, Cyrus CD8, a few different shunts with different values, Morrison ELAD and a rather intersting Class A tube pre-amp. The amp I used in all trials was the Pass Aleph 30 but will try a few others I have. Speakers are of course 2004 Khorns moded with Crites tweeters and a tractrix to a Altec 288 16.

So apart from a good weight and nice looking box you get a device that actually works its magic on system to system impedance and delivers better clarity, imagery and the sensation of improved speed and attack that I think Burson need to rename this the ‘Audio Broom 160’…it simply just cleans things up

------------------

HSU Sub-woofer VTF 2   -- ten years old and works fine, very well respected brand from Dr HSU. $400 good condition has mark on front that will clean off.

DESCRIPTION 

Built-in 150 Watt amp. 25 Hz bass extension. 30-90 Hz, 24 dB/Oct bypassable low pass filter. "Class A rating" in Stereophile Guide to Home Theater. Reviewer''s Choice Award 2000 in Sound & Vision.

This subwoofer kicks butt for the money. I've had my share of subwoofers over the years,this one sounds great. Of course if I could afford it,I'd get an aerial acoustic,but I digress... I'm one of those "If it dosn't sound perfect,turn it off!" Teamed up with my B&W's 603S,it pack's just the right punch. But I will say this,and all you audiophilies know this. cable's,cables,cable's. If you use a cheap subwoofer cable,your missing out!! I'm using Audioquests Black Thunder,and man the kick drum never sounded better! Not to mention,this is a very good LFE subwoofer.

------------------------

Tom Evans Groove 20th Anniversary phono stage vgc but scratched black acrylic lid. $2800 still current model rrp $4200

tem:  Awesome Tom Evans Groove 20th Anniversary Mark 11 Edition phono stage with adjustable impedance and  with Mark 1 external PSU
Price: BARGAIN : $2800  Brilliant English phono stage  new $2400 pounds

http://www.audiodesign-store.co.uk/rapidcart So new $4100 approx Australian.

Item ConditionAlmost Brand new apart from surface scratched on top at the back- visually perfect from front for a rack set up etc The case is perspex and tops marks easily, the are only small spider marks but there none the less. No more than 30 hours use.
Reason for selling:   Changing Direction to digital and already have one phono stage and downsizing system.
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only Pack and send etc very light so postage very low, comes with very minimal, Tom Evans literature.: Will ship worldwide. .
Extra Info: Unused basically a store demo as not running vinyl system currently.

http://www.sorasound.com/products/tom-evans/

Review

Many of our customers use Tom Evans Audio Design phono stages. All sound great. These units are priced fairly, carrying a lot of value to audiophiles. All our customers think highly of Tom’s products. So, I decided to represent Tom and offer his great products to you.

Tom is a very nice man, with two kids. He began his electronics career in defense industry. In 1989 he went back to his first professional love, building high quality and great sounding hi-fi gear. Tom always has time for his representatives and customers, explaining all the details of his products in detail. He takes great pride in his name and the products he produces. Tom’s Hi-Fi gears are so good that he called them Tom Evans Audio Design.

Tom Evans manufactures phono stages, preamps, power amps and speakers. Most information below is copied from Tom Evans Audio Design website by permission.

Review below is by a customer of ours Mr. Paul Folbrecht.

“I’ve been using a Tom Evans Audio Design Microgroove +X for about the last three months. I consider it to be my last phono stage. (I hope I’m serious this time, and three months is a long time to go without having any desire for something better or different – at least for me.)Discovering Tom Evans gear was a bit of a revelation for me, that began last year. I had read of it but never heard it – after all, it’s not very easy to hear (the phono stages are easier to come across than the Vibe/Pulse and the Linear A). I started with a used Linear A, and was very impressed with that piece: it had an uncanny ability to unravel detail (including microdynamics) against an absolutely black background, and was spectacularly “fast” and extended as well. Of course, those things in itself are not too mean a trick – a lot of good (solid-state) gear can do that. But what the Linear A did that did set it apart was being as fast, quiet, and detailed while simultaneously having *full* tonal saturation and *never* sounding the slightest bit edgy, or bright.

I then added a Vibe/Pulse (Lithos 7 version, bought used from the same dealer) – and it made an even bigger difference to the system (over the highly-regarded tube line stage I had been using). It was the Vibe/Pulse that was really a game-changing piece of equipment for me: a blackground blacker than I had ever heard before, with quite stunning macro dynamics, and full and complete tonal saturation with a lovely, perfectly smooth and rich midrange and treble. After using it for several months, any tubed preamp was just too slow and veiled for me. Prior to that point, I had never found a solid-state preamp I preferred to even a mediocre valved unit. I’m not saying they’re not out there – I’m sure very prices MBL and other solid-state gear can pull of proper tonal saturation without being edgy – but I do believe it is generally VERY expensive to do it.

At this point I decided I wanted to go “the full monty” with a Tom Evans phono stage and that I should buy a new piece to support the company. I decided on the middle-of-the-read Microgroove + X after reading reviews. (I have seriously toyed with abandoning vinyl altogether, and done so for short periods, so I didn’t think a greater expense was warranted.)

I placed the order through local dealer SORAsound (great to deal with) and received the unit after only a few weeks.

After being plugged-in for only a few hours, the unit’s potential was evident, but it did seem to take a few days to display what it’s really capable of. Once it had settled down, I was quite thrilled, and amazed – it really exceeded my expectations.

It was the signature Tom Evans sound – fast, neutral, completely extended, but tonally pure and harmonically complete, with perfect balance – to an even higher degree. (After all, the line stage is providing something like 12 dB of gain while the phono stage is at around 70 dB! I guess it’s hard to argue that the phono stage is not the most important part of a vinyl amplification chain.)

My analog setup is a Basis Ovation table, early TriPlanar arm, and Ortofon Rondo Red cartridge. (Yes, the cart is the bottleneck there in terms of cost, but it doesn’t really sound like it!) I had on-hand with the Microgroove +X a well-regarded tubed phono stage (with SUTs for the MC gain stage) that retails for about $6000 (almost three times the TE’s price). The tubed unit was also *very* good, and they were surprisingly close not only in overall performance but in sonics, but I did end up preferring the Microgroove. It had a substantially lower noise floor and was audibly more extended, although the tubed unit was very good in both regards too. The tubed unit was more “lush” in the midrange but I came to see that as a coloration and preferred good recordings without it.

That’s about it. Like most Tom Evans gear, it doesn’t really look like it’s worth the asking price and it’s so light that thick interconnects can lift it, but, well, who cares. Tom is, I think, proud of the fact that he refused to market “audio jewelry”, and isn’t it more sensible to put the money where it counts? (I’ve come to like the understated but purposeful aesthetic of the Vibe, but the Microgroove is so tiny I hide it behind the platform the line stage is on anyway.)”

Phono Stages

Tom Evans Audio Design phono stages include:

The Microgroove ($1,050) uses high grade silicon. The signal path is DC coupled. Built as a steereo amp powered by by standard industry voltage regulators. Like all Tom Evans phono stages, Microgroove can be configured to suit any moving coil or moving magnet cartridge. Great entry level phono stage upgradable to The Plus.

The Microgroove x ($1,192).

The Microgroove plus ($2,100) is a stereo phono-amp that has one of Tom Evans’ Lithos 7 Class A regulators in place of the standard industry regulators. This improves the sound significantly, lowers the hoise floor, faster risting and falling edges of notes highlighting the spaces between them. John Cage would have had a hay day.

The Groove ($4,000). This dual mono phono-amp uses one Lithos 7 regulator per side to supply power to each mono signal path p.c.b. All resistors are Holco precision metal film. All silicon is premium grade. The regulators are powered by a dual mono mains power supply. Since its launch in the UK, it has become the industry standard. The Groove can be upgraded to the Plus spec.

The Groove x ($4,725).

The Groove plus ($7,600). In this design the mains pcb has been replaced by the Lithos 6, a complex class A regulator (as used in the pulse power supply). Its outputs then feed the dual mono Lithos 7’s on the signal pcb’s. The external mains supply box contains a 70 watt transformer designed and manufactured in house. This transformer has an electrostatic screen to remove any R.F. noise, then rectified, smoothed, and regulated before leaving the box and heading for Lithos 6. The ultra low noise and distortion of this product provide audiophiles with the greatest possible dynamic range and resolution available.

The Groove+ SRX ($8,900) has adjustable load and gain. The Groove+ SRX,in addition to the loading pcb has a front end gain stage that has 50% less noise and distortion than the Groove and Groove+.

Upgrade of Microgroove to Groove Plus ($4,600).

Tom Evans has been making his Groove phono stages for some time now, the anniversary in this particular model’s name refers to 20 years of them and that occurred in 2010. Having been there at the start with the Michell Iso, which was effectively the first Groove and shared the black acrylic case that continues today, it doesn’t seem like 25 years but you can’t argue with a calendar. Tom’s shtick is that the best way to achieve true high resolution with vinyl is to lower the noise floor on the phono stage, the quieter this crucial part of the amplification chain is the wider the bandwidth and the more you will be able to hear. He advocates spending more, a lot more on the phono stage than the cartridge because no matter how good a cartridge is if the amplifier is noisy you won’t be able to hear what it’s doing. I have to agree, in fact I once took an Audio Note Japan stage (about £2.5k at the time) to a friends house who had a £60 moving magnet on his Thorens turntable, the improvement was staggering, the extra resolution revealed more music than you would imagine a modest front end could produce.

The reason for this is the level of gain that a phono stage has to apply to the signal in order to bring it up to a level that a regular amplifier can work with, in the case of a moving coil cartridge it’s in the range of 600 times. Which means that any noise in the gain stage is amplified by this amount as well, so a good phono stage needs to be somewhat quieter than the apocryphal mouse. For the latest range of Groove phono stages Tom has upgraded the silicon that achieves this amplification to what he calls Lithos 7.4, this has prompted a MkII series across the five Groove stages in the range.

What Lithos 7.4 has achieved in measurement terms is to reduce distortion and increase dynamic range compared to earlier models (existing Grooves can be upgraded to MkII). Tom likes to point out that dynamic range doubles and distortion halves as you move from one model to the next in the range, which would suggest that the entry level Micro Groove X is pretty noisy and distorted but I doubt that is the case. Not if the midrange Groove Anniversary is anything to go by at least, it is I suspect the quietest phono stage I have ever used but it’s far from the most expensive.

The other change brought about by the move to MkII is the introduction of adjustable impedance, previous Grooves have been factory set at one impedance and while you could specify what this was it was a bit limiting if you changed cartridge. Now there are dipswitches on the back panel that are relatively easy to access; some stages have them inside, others underneath. Here there are eight switches in parallel that have an inverse logic to their operation, the more you turn on the lower the impedance, so switching them all on gives 112 Ohms, all off 1kOhm, with seven steps in between. Once you have grasped the basic tenet of the approach it’s easy to experiment with loading, and surprisingly easy to figure out which gives the best result once you start listening to the timing and the interplay of musicians.

With the Rega Apheta 2 (on a Rega RP10) which specifies 100 Ohm loading experimentation revealed that the Groove Anniversary’s 250 Ohm setting initially gave the best leading edge definition, power and cohesion of the various instruments on Tom Waits’ Swordfishtrombones (Asylum). The track ‘Underground’ has some superb musicianship and this stage makes each player’s contribution easy to follow whilst presenting the ensemble as a perfectly integrated whole. You can appreciate the timbre of the heavy tympani and the tiny sound of a plucked ukulele, not forgetting the glorious vibe playing of Victor Feldman. The space created by reverb on the following track ‘Shore Leave’ is massively evocative as is the percussion and terrific guitar break, all of which is presented in a full width image that breaks the outer bounds of the loudspeakers.

I put on Burnt Friedmann and Jaki Leibzeit’s Just Landed (Nonplace) for a bit of low end action and found myself enjoying the tune rather than the sensation of having my internal organs vibrated. Here the emphasis was on the sound of the instruments and the melody rather than the crunch, which made me wonder whether the higher than recommended loading might be affecting the balance. This turned out to be the case, the higher the load (on this cartridge at least) the less low end power it delivers but the faster the transient edges. Experimentation with a few other bass strong records made a case for bringing it down to the 200 Ohm setting. It’s nice to have such close alternatives.

With the finesse of Jocelyn B Smith’s direct to disc cut Honest Song (Berliner Meister Schallplatten) the quietness of the Groove is made obvious by the way finger clicks are so clear in the background of piano and voice. The ‘air’ around the cymbals and the singer’s breath on the mic coalesce with the music to present a degree of realism that’s rare. Cymbal work is notable on a number of pieces and reveals an unusual degree of transparency but don’t get the impression that this is a lightweight filigree specialist. When the rhythm section on Patricia Barber’s ‘Company’ (Modern Cool, Premonition) gets going you know all about the power and pace. The double bass has a physical presence that is palpable but does not smear the voice and the acoustic it’s recorded in.

reviewed a valve powered phono stage from a well regarded brand during the Groove’s tenure and made the mistake of comparing them. The result did not favour the valve stage one bit, making it sound noisy, smeared in timing terms and lacking in transparency. Valves cannot hope to be as quiet as transistors but people value the tonal richness they bring, I prefer to hear what’s on the record, the actual sound of the voices and instruments rather than what in photographic terms sounds like saturation. I also like the natural way that the Groove presents imaging, every record you play has a slightly different character which seems to be a logical result of the variations in recording venue and technique.

Take Leo Kottke’s Great Big Boy (Private Music) as an example, this is an acoustic guitar led band with voice that has an awful lot going on on tracks like ‘Jumps Up Running’. I’ve played this many times but had not been previously aware of the keyboard line, the Groove cleans up the background and brings a coherence to dense mixes that lets you hear right into them. It prompted me to listen longer and louder than I have for some time with this particular record, remember just what a great musician Kottke is thanks to the Groove’s its remarkably light touch.

Forget your Vendetta Research and Audio Research preamps, they may have legendary status but technology moves on and today’s silicon is infinitely quieter than it was only five years ago, which means you can hear more music and less electronic intrusion through it. The latest Groove Anniversary is a goalpost moving phono stage that digs deeper into the signal and reveals so much detail across the board that you can hear right into the layers of multitrack recordings. It still doesn’t help the musically inept like myself establish the time signature of Steely Dan’s ‘Show Biz Kids’ (Countdown to Ecstasy, ABC) but it lets you hear how each of the instruments in the mix was played and the irony of the lyrics.

Calm is the good word when describing the Groove, it takes everything in its stride and no matter how dense the material never seems to struggle. It’s a very low distortion conduit to the musical joy that vinyl offers. It won’t turn mediocre recordings into amazing ones but it will let you hear more of what has gone on in the studio or on the stage when they were made. It gets you closer to that place in time and space where the magic happened. The only disconcerting thing is that there are several better stages in the Tom Evans Audio Design range, you have to wonder if there are enough superlatives to go round?

SPECIFICATIONS: 

Resistance settings: 112, 126, 144, 168, 200, 250, 333, 500, 1000 OhmCapacitor settings: 100, 200, 300, 400, 500pFGain to suit cartridges with between 0.2mV to 0.6mV output (or custom to order)Dual mono layout, dual Lithos 7.4 local regulatorsAcrylic caseworkSize HxWxD: 88 x 330 x 185mmWeight: 2kg + power supply

PRICE: 

£2,400

MANUFACTURER DETAILS: 

Tom Evans Audio DesignT 01443 833570 www.audiodesign.co.uk

----------------------------

Audio Research ph6 phono stage 2nd owner as new very, very nice sounding phono stage from this high end manufacturer of audio equipment. $6999 when new $2999

Item : Audio Research PH6 MC phono stage-stunning sound and condition.

Price: New $6995 retail. no use since bought NOW only $2995

Item Condition: 100% working and looks as new with tiniest mark on rear / back of top plate. 99out of 100, lovely product.

Reason for selling: too many phonos so one to two have to go I will list my PS audio too soon. Selling a lot of excess gear so will have a few listings this week.

Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only CAN POST OR ORGANISE FREGHT ETC
Extra Info:
 I bought this beauty few months ago from an SNA member who bought it from Sydney authorised Audio Research dealer as a store demo unit, so it is still should be under Australia warranty, ( will need to check with paperwork in Box) condition is as new except one small mark as shown in the photo, you can't really tell unless looking for it.

It works really well with Shelter 901 MC (0.5mv), Lyra Delos MC (0.6mv), Nagaoka MP500 MM (3mv), those are carts I have (had), I believe it would be the best match with MC from 0.5mv to MM (3mv), my finding seems to be inline with reviews on the web.  It hasn't get much use as I have other toys, it's from smoke and pet free home,  I have the original box so shipping is not a issue.

These were the last owners comments and I personally used for about 20 hours with a clearaudio concerto wood and it was divine bringing my VPI to life. A lovely piece of kit and I am putting up for sale 3 phonos and 2 will go just accumulating too much gear.

It's not short of good reviews on the web, happy to answer what I know.

Please send PM if interested.

https://www.theaudiobeat.com/equipment/audio_research_ph6.htm

w.jpg

e audiophiles often wonder why a certain company replaces a very good piece of equipment. Oftentimes it can be as simple as wanting to freshen up in the product line. Audio Research released the PH6, however, because it betters in every way the model it replaces. It is simply a cleaner window between you and your music and, I'll go out on a limb, the phono stage to beat in its price range. Its sterling sound quality together with its excellent build quality, Audio Research’s reputation and the knowledge that they’ll be around to care for the product well into the future means that purchasing a PH6 can be one of the best investments in your musical life you can make

https://www.tonepublications.com/review/audio-research-ph-6-phono-preamplifier/

A Worthy Successor

The PH 6 is an excellent phono preamplifier, offering excellent sonic performance, build quality, and value. In comparison to other phono preamplifiers, both models costing considerably more and less, its price is spot on. The PH 6 also stood up well when compared to ARC’s top-of-the-line REF Phono 2; the lineage is immediately evident. The only potential limitation of the PH 6 may be related to the 58 db gain figure when combined with a handful of very low-output cartridges below .4mv. However, considering the range of excellent cartridges above that figure, finding something you like should not prove difficult.

When going from regular, to large, to super size (PH 6, PH7, REF Phono 2), the listener will find the tonal qualities to be very similar, each increasing model offering more dynamic range, and more low level detail and increased resolution, along with increased functionality. Taking these points into consideration, it’s easy to see why ARC continues to enjoy such a loyal customer base. So whether you are a new customer or legacy customer waiting to trade up, you will enjoy the PH 6.

- Jeff Dorgay

---------------------------

Bryston Blp1 turntable brand new in box list price is $6999 opened to take photos only- great reviews online from high end Canadian manufacturer only $3500 less than half price and brand new.

Item: Brand New Bryston BLP-1 Turntable and Power Supply
Price: NOW only $3950 ono almost 50% off New price which is $6999 at  https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/collections/hi-fi/cat_turntables?page=2
Item Condition: Brand New Perfect, never used, no cart mounted.
Reason for selling: Cash and have 4 good decks that I need to reduce to 1 and will see what the market wants and keep what's left.
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only can ship anywhere in factory box. 
Extra Info: Very well reviewed new turntable from Bryston.

https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/bryston-blp-1-turntable-and-tonearm/

http://audiofi.net/2018/05/bryston-blp-1-turntable-the-ultimate-bry-master/

Redefy Audio 2 floor standers vgc not broken in yet and hardly used (90 percent) has a few scratches on bases and on one tweeter see pictures $8500 new - 2 years old, $5500

tem: REDEFY AUDIO 2 PERTH - BROWN/ BLACK -TIGER STRIPED.

Price New $8500: - 2 years old and basically unused so just Now $5995 less than 30 hours max use and sna donation, will take serious offers seriously.

Item Condition: One almost mint - OTHER 2 SMALL ISSUES  99 and 95 percent see below, minor cosmetic issues not seen unless close up.
Reason for selling: Not using at all. Would consider a swap for other high products.
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal PLUS FEES ETC, COD Only PREFER LOCAL BUYER - I SHIPPED FROM OVER EAST AND CAN SHIP BACK IF PACK AND SEND OR SOMEONE PACKS AND SHIPS PROPERLY.

Extra Info: Left speaker with bass unit on right hand side has a slight nick in the top front edge from moving into place, its like a tiny nick in a resin cover over wood- hard to see unless close up - I have touched up and probably could do better but you cannot really see it unless close up. 

When the speakers arrived the tweeter was not working, I tried to undo the horn Allen keys but resin varnish was holding in place  so scratched edges i spoke to Henry from Redefy Audio who created them and after touching up the scratch marks on the allen keys and removing the bass driver to find a simple loose solder joint to the tweeter so 2 secs and one solder later and they fired up beautifully...and sound great not even run in yet. Massive soundstage.

They are very very special speakers and sound amazing, and would be 3-4 times the price if a well known international brand, the bass just thumps you in the chest and the horn loaded tweeter supply sublime top ends, a lovely combination detailed by Edgar Kramer on 6 moons perfectly. With high end Italian drivers and a sublime build and finish they are amazing speakers and no need for a sub with a 15 inch driver each side, they are simply too big for my wife and my 3.5 metre wide room and only selling to get a forward facing set of bass drivers for my room set up otherwise i would keep forever they are that good.  94DB AT 8 OHM SO VERY EFFICIENT AND WORKED WELL WITH MY WESTON ACOUSTICS TUBE OR PS AUDIO BHK PRE POWER.

Henry and Redefy Audio offers great support on these speakers and answered my queries when on holiday and is a very regular SNA member. Apologies they need a dust and polish as just sitting around taking up space.

Make an offer.

Sna chat on the speakers. 

Frequency Response -

30hz - 20khz (20hz in room)

Impedance - 

8ohm

Efficiency - 

94db

Power Handling 

1000W

Dimensions - 

W 280mm x H 1100mm x D 468mm

Drivers -

1" Horn Loaded Tweeter

8" Midrange

15" Bass

Weight 

65kg each

Edgar Kramer does a great review in 6 moons http://6moons.com/audioreviews2/redefy/1.html

Conclusion. The Redefy Audio Two are true 3-way designs featuring high-efficiency drivers, an extremely well-built and finished enclosure and thorough overall engineering for what is, these days, a very reasonable $8500 asking price. Henry Kristanto had a self-imposed mandate: launch a brand of speakers offering superb overall performance at affordable prices. In this intro, I asked "does the world really need another speaker manufacturer?" Henry Kristanto's Redefy Audio's Two has answered with a blaring bugle blow. And it's a blast asserting a resounding ‘Yes!' Based on the excellence of the Two, I'd wholeheartedly agree and call this a superb addition to the local and hopefully soon global high-end speaker landscape. 

--------------------------

Rega p10 99 percent brand-new almost and Dynavector 20x2 cart with low hours. Bought deck from Max Headroom and used for a week only since purchase and cartridge from another SNA member low hours.

Item: As new, top of the range Rega Rp10 Turntable with low hour Dynavector DV20x cartridge.

Price: $5250 including cart retail's for $6799.plus cart would be  $8100 for new.

I have not used deck or cart at all since bought as have too many decks. Update --- I have powered up and played on weekend and its a beautiful thing.

cart with 50 hours or so which retails for $1399 and also bought from an SNA regular.

NOW only $5250 for both. I don't really want to split. Almost $3000 off new package.

Item Condition: Perfect 99/100 as not new.
Reason for selling: 5 turntables is way too much- only need one good one and my mixing decks so 3 need to go. Mind you I do have an eye on something...bloody hobby. this one may stay if the, VPI TNT HRX or Bryston Blp1 go.
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: Bought deck from Max Headroom as per listing below. His Shots show it stripped to spider configuration as well as mine to show genuine item. I cannot even see a scratch on either the deck or the power supply, not even on the cover and has genuine factory box for shipping.

Will post Australia Wide

thanks for looking, VPI TNT HR 5 and NEW unused Bryston BLP1  listing to come next 

See:
https://www.carltonaudiovisual.com.au/rega-rp10.html

I’ll refer to the TAS review:
http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/rega-rp10-turntable-and-apheta-moving-coil-cartridge/

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS:
• Handmade RB2000 tonearm, precision engineered bearing and aluminium sub platter
• Ceramic oxide diamond cut flywheel platter
• Fully adjustable RP10 dedicated power supply tuned to its own motor
• Rega’s pioneering skeletal plinth design
• Aluminium skin phenolic bracing 

DYNAVECTOR DV-20X2 TURNTABLE CARTRIDGE

DV-20X has a solid aluminum alloy body and a rigid magnet construction similar to XX-2MKII. The cantilever is a 6mm length of hard aluminum pipe with a Micro-Ridge stylus. The magnetic flux damping and softened magnetism along with powerful neodymium magnets gives the 20X2H a healthy 2.8 mV output – suitable for most MM inputs. The 20X2L has an output of 0.3 mV ideal for most MC phono stages.

Both high and low versions of their 20X2 are available ensure for the optimum end result. The high output model is well suited to valve preamplifiers or electronics that only offer MM inputs whilst the low output version offers superb performance when combined with dedicated moving coil inputs.

---------------------

CABLES

QED speaker cables x tube xt 400 aircore 1.2m and 3.5 Metre lengths with heavy duty locking rcas bargain $200 for all

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

The flagship Aircore cable. Silver Plated Oxygen Free Copper tubular conductor geometry. For use in the finest hi-fi and home theatre systems.

X-TUBE with Aircore technology is a genuine breakthrough in loud speaker cable design. This new cable range delivers many of our world-renowned Genesis Silver Spiral cables - superb transparency, dynamic and control - in a more compact cable format.

X-TUBE is designed to be the natural upgrade for anyone using QED's Silver Anniversary speaker cables or those simply wanting the best performance for their hi-fi or home theatre systems.

QED X-Tube XT-400 Speaker Cable

• Massive 2 x 4mm2 conductor cross sectional area
  • 99.999% Silver Plated Oxygen Free Copper stranded braid conductors
  • Compact figure 8 construction
  • Polyethylene AirCore
  • Copper Mylar conductive wrap 
  • PTFE tape wrap, PVC outer jacket. 
  • Dimensions 12.7 x 6mm.

X-TUBE WITH AIRCORE TECHNOLOGY HOW IT WORKS.
One of the big problems as cable conductor size increases, is how to keep the inductance low. This is vital to reduce cable losses and prevent inaccuracies in the signal transfer process, i.e. distortion.
The normal way to do this is to use a number of individually insulated conductors within the cable construction. This method is utilised to great effect in the design of our Genesis Silver Spiral loudspeaker cables. However, this results in a product that has a very high quality sound performance, but is expensive to manufacture and can be difficult to terminate.

To take advantage of this design ethos, but in a more conventional format, X-TUBE forms the conductor in the shape of a tube with an inner aircore. This has the same effect as using multiple insulated conductors and ensures that high frequencies are transmitted cleanly, with the added benefit of ease of termination. This unique tubular conductor geometry also provides lower flux density within the conductors, which gives improved transparency to the sound.

CABLES

Chord Anthem 2 RCA  Cables 

Red and Blue $400 great RCA cable was $1100 new see reviews online SOLD

Audio quest Sky cables 1 metre x 2 pairs  EOI maybe about $500 each cable as in  great condition - older sky version without dbs. I have had another member check the and we think they are genuine, I have had them for years and probably bought from Audio Synergy or Simply Hifi or maybe Frankl Prowse, they are pre my internet buying days, I would like to check them somehow to ensure they are legitimate cables. I need to find out if they were available without Dbs 10 years ago or so. If so they are awesome and still sound good, but do not want to confirm a sale without authenticity as the prices are high if real. Any feedback either way welcomed.

SUPRA xlrs 2 metres made in Sweden $125

SUPRA digital aes 1 metre xlrs made in Sweden $100 last picture

MIT 3 metre terminator 2 bi wired speaker cables. $395 SOLD

Total DAC D1 digital usb cable -high end $400

XINDAK SOUNDRIGHT BF-SILVER HIFI BALANCED XLR PLUGS CABLES PAIR $80 for pair

Curious Cable USB $95 

Chord Crimson pls rcas x4  metre each 50 bucks each $100 a pair $200 for all 4 mint condition half price.

What Hifi  OUR VERDICT Best analogue interconnect, Awards 2011. Chord’s nailed it with the CrimsonPlus: its control, detail resolution and expression are fantastic

The Chord Company CrimsonPlus bagged an Award in 2010 thanks to its transparency and precision. In 2011 it gained new plastic plugs to dampen vibration, and duly picked up another gong. How will it fare against new competition in this year’s Awards? You’ll have to wait and see…

… But for now, we can say that we still rate the CrimsonPlus. Duly connected between a Cyrus CD6 SE CD player spinning Primus’s Del Davis Tree Farm and a Roksan Caspian M2 amp, with a pair of ATC SCM11 speakers completing the side, it’s as compsed and detailed as ever.

This track will immediately show up any shortcomings in a cable’s ability to convey tight rhythms and sudden dynamic changes, but the CrimsonPlus doesn’t put a foot wrong. Open and expansive sounding, but with an iron grip on Les Claypool’s insane, staccato bass work, it lets the music do its thing without getting too controlling.

It might not be quite as dramatic or expressive as some of its rivals, but the CrimsonPlus is definitely a fits-all-systems proposition.

------

Linn short 20cm and 25cm rca cables good condition- I think they are silver but not sure bright blue cables in picture $50 a pair if anyone can advise model great and will base prices accordingly.

---

Tara labs cable Prism 800i good condition rca's  1 metre $120

------

Tara Labs RSC Prime M3 RCA Interconnects 1.0m $180 half price

Description

The Prime M3 Interconnect cable begins with a simple extrusion of Polyethylene around the conductors. The Prime M3 is a smaller diameter cable with a more neutral tonal balance. It is also well matched with any consumer brand audio equipment. The Prime M3 provides high-frequency extension with natural sounding high frequencies along with punch and detail in the mid-range and lower frequencies. This is an interconnect cable with excellent resolution that can be used with a wide variety of audio components.

• RCA (Torque-Lock)
  • XLR
  • Anti-corrosion coated SA-OF8N® copper braided shield
  • Shielded
  • RSC® SA-OF8N® copper conductors.
  • Natural fiber spacers.

The RSC Prime audio cables use SA-OF8N copper conductors. (Super-Annealed, Oxygen-Free, Mono-Crystal, Frequency-Tuned, 8-Nines-99.999999% copper conductors) All cables have: hand-polished conductors and are handmade per order in Ashland, Oregon, USA. The RSC Prime – is lifetime guaranteed. The cables arrive in a poly bag with box.

-----

Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Interconnect xls 1 metre $870 rrp $450 half price.

Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Interconnect RCA to Rca 50cms $870 rrp $450 half price.

Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Interconnect uses Continuous Cast Copper (solo crystal copper) braids and patented hollow oval design put nothing in the way of the musical signal. The Solo Crystal range of cables are some of the most transparent sound cables I have heard to date.

The Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Oval 8 speaker cable is handcrafted using four 11 gauge continuous cast copper conductors and is woven using Analysis plus’s proprietary hollow oval geometry with low loss dielectric to produce a very special speaker cable. Solo Crystal Oval 8 is terminated with your choice of gold T1, banana & spade connectors. If you are seeking a cable that delivers superb performance,  Solo Crystal is worth your attention.

Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Oval 8 Speaker Cables bi-wired 6 - 2 foot pair of speaker cables

ONLY $1800 - NEW $4200 for 3 metres. Awesome sound and can match with xlrs and rcas for sale here too.

Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Oval 8 key features;

• Gold T1, banana & spade connectors available
  • Outer Dimensions – 20mm x 10mm
  •  

Please call for pricing on other lengths, available in a single for centre speakers

Analysis Plus doesn’t just make cables for Hi-Fi and home cinema, the company also manufactures cables for musicians and their equipment, you may recognise some of the artists below that use this fantastic brand of cable;

• JOHN MAYER
  • MARTY FRIEDMAN (OF MEGADETH)
  • BUDDY STRONG (WITH USHER)
  • KENNY LOGGINS
  • JACK CASADY (HOT TUNA)
  • CHRIS RODRIGUEZ (WITH KELLY CLARKSON)
  • JOSHUA FINEBERG PHD (HARVARD SCHOOL OF MUSIC)
  • RICK ROSASA (NEIL YOUNG)
  • BYRON HOUSE (ROBERT PLANT AND THE BAND OF JOY)
  • DANNY RADER (WITH KEITH URBAN)
  • BILL BELL (JASON MRAZ)
  • JIMMY HERMAN (WITH CARRIE UNDERWOOD)
  • JACK SONNI (DIRE STRAITS)
  • PAUL CARRACK & JEREMY MEEK
  •  

Ortofon 67nNAC50  6N-7N pure copper hybrid twin core heavy duty rcas  60 cm x 4 leads. Cannot find price the 6n cables are up the range these are genuine an di bought from Ortofon with a Jubilee cart 5 years go, in mint condition . Very well reviewed and used in Japan.

$400 a pair. Listed on eBay for more and are as new.

Monster Cable Interlink 300 MKII Audio Interconnect Cable 1 metre pair of rcas $50

ORTOFON AC-3600 SILVER INTERCONNECT CABLES x2 pairs 1.5 metre each rca to rca $150 each pair

DESCRIPTION 

• Conductor material detail: Silver plated OFC
  • DC Shield resistance: AC500V / 1min
  • Shieled: 8/0.1x16
  • Insulation: Polyethylene, PVC

The Chord Company chorus xlr 1metre x 2 pairs red and black $400 Aus a pair - 2 pairs  based on recent  eBay sale for 400 USD a pair https://www.ebay.com/itm/CHORD-CHORUS-XLR1-0M-XLR-cable-used-audio-music-/333168603218

ZU Audio Mission XLR 1.5m Pair in box, good condition one xlr clip missing still work perfectly. $100 as is.

Zu Mission XLR interconnecting cables are all about maximum hi-fi value and are designed to challenge the state-of-the-art but at reasonable prices.

XLR-type balanced 600 ohm application is very different than RCA-type (single-ended high-Z) interconnect patch cable. Zu has addressed the unique features of balanced line-level signal within the Zu/Gore® two-channel stereo Mission platform. The result is a state-of the-art performing cable but within the Mission line’s high value proposition. Combining the Zu/Gore® two-channel stereo geometry with an overall high conductance and high magnitude shield ensures pristine interconnection and transmission for your music.

Mission XLR is a sweet cable and doesn’t really need hype and oversell—true for the entire Mission line—but we know you want to know more so here it is. Mission XLR is developed specifically for balanced 600Ω line-level two-channel stereo signal transmission; not simply an adaptation of a mono coax or twin-ax product like nearly all of our competitors. Mission XLR gives you the best possible protection from RF noise, the widest bandwidth, and the most convincing transmission of stereophonic content—left and right channels being perfectly matched and propagate in the same exact dielectric space. And ground is not tied or referenced to either end of signal or signal’s mate.

This has two major benefits. The technology safeguards against induced noise; and second it ensures the best possible stereophonic performance—measured and heard. If your cable has to be plugged into a battery or some voodoo nonsense to help keep the noise out, it’s because it wasn’t designed right in the first place….

Zu Mission also use innovative material technologies such as Teflon® (PTFE) dielectric and pure silver deposit over pure copper core. The XLR-type connectors used on Mission XLR are Neutrik and feature silver plated contacts. Termination on these is solder and for this we use 4% silver-bearing lead-free solder, then epoxy potted. These are a few of the features that ensure your cables will really perform, and for decades without worry or trouble.

Mission XLR are also very easy to work with. They are small, flexible, durable and have a very comfortable hand. Mission XLR is based on the same platform as Zu’s top of the line Event XLR interconnect cable, retaining the pivotal design elements but cutting back the high cost/small return ingredients such as the very costly solid core, pure meta-crystal silver.

Ensure pristine and perfectly matched stereo two-channel transmission in your system—Mission XLR.

Chord Company cable 20 years old from UK good condition 1 metre rca to rca $100 good but old

Audio Principe XLR 75 cm neutrik connectors aes edu digitali Interconnect xor with gold pins $50 bright blue single picture 

Vincent high purity rca 50cm pair of rcas as new $40 

Monster Cable Balance Microphone cables  1metre xlr pair proline performer 500  $50

QED Compact Disc Switching unit – add extra input to your amplifier.

QED Compact Disc Switching unit. Tuner and CD inputs on a switching unit and single set of RCA outputs just adds one more component to your rca amp inputs. $75 

Older equipment 

SMSL SA-S3 Very small amplifier one set of input and two out, I call it my tiny amp, no idea of cost $100 ono

SA-S3 is USA TRIPATH Class T amplifier chip TA2021B the company as the core, high-volume use of the EPCOS · Rubycon · ERO · ELNA · ALPS · TDK · DALE · Panasonic accessories and other high fever, high-quality digital amplifier.

Features:

1: 2 X 25W(25-100w) Stereo real circuit design;
2:Professional level of the hollow inductors, improved digital amplifier of the most important part of the LC filter;
 2: the internal parallel a large filter capacitor 9000uf (reservoir) to meet the needs of high-power bursting to solve delicate problems of partial voice switching power supply;
3: built-in speaker protection and power delay circuit, so there was no impact sound switch and protect your expensive speakers;
 4: the protection of human start indicator is displayed;
 5: the real full-fever all original parts manufacturing;
 6: High tensile aluminum housing patterns oxidation process;
 7: the original terminal anti-skid technology, to solve the traditional amplifier speaker wire connection terminal twist slip a common problem;

Specification:25W, 4Ω/13.5W, 8Ω
Efficiency:
81% @ 25W, 4Ω
88% @ 13.5W, 8Ω
Dynamic Range: 100dB

Audio Synergy 2 into 4 channel rca component built by Clifford De Souza lets you put 2 inputs into the box and outputs to 4 rca components .Very well built and high quality components $150

Pioneer DV676A Super audio SACD / DVD AUDIO / DVD player was an entry level beast for SACD in its time. $95

Samsung Blue ray player with remote BDP1400 -$120

Denon AVR 2805  Receiver - lovely condition with microphone, books, remote etc, stunning sound and great older unit, full Japanese quality Only $250

DENON Blueray Disc Transport DVD 2500BT with remote  high end when released needs DAC as HDMI out only. Higher end Blueray transport $400

Kenwood Audio video stereo receiver KR-v6050.  $100 great entry amp/ receiver for someone.

Yamaha rxv3800  with remote Receiver 2nd highest in range i think was $4000 or more new. Very nice sound from Yamaha. Winner of top sounding receiver.

Bargain $500 due to HDMI issues and 3 work at least so who needs more than that otherwise would be $1200 

Hdmi board, 3 or 4 inputs work , 2- 3 don’t for some reason and all other inputs work perfectly goes very well with Denon transport above. 

Conclusion
When dealing with an AVR in this price class, you go in with very high expectations. The Yamaha RX-V3800 has the specs to please most any enthusiast with excellent power, ample HDMI inputs, and internal decoding of the new HD audio codecs. The only personal letdown for me was the AVR's inability to process certain video signals to 1080p; instead it simply passes them through. Even with this shortcoming, this is an excellent product and is worthy of your consideration when looking for an AVR in this price class.

Highs
Four HDMI Inputs
Onboard Decoding of Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, & DTS-HD Master Audio
Clean and Dynamic sound from all channels

Lows
Video section only upconverts analog signals
YPAO setup set monitor speakers to "Large" when they should be set to "Small"

Read more at https://www.soundandvision.com/content/yamaha-rx-v3800-av-receiver-page-3#J6zIyjGDCUEpSVmh.99

Specifications

7.1-channel surround sound receiver
140-watts minimum continuous power per channel, 8 ohm loads, two channels driven from 20Hz-20kHz with a maximum total harmonic distortion of 0.04% 
Analog audio input sensitivity and impedance: 200mV, 47kohms (line), 3.5mV, 47kohms (phono MM)
Analog output level/impedance: 200mV/900 ohms (REC Out)
Speaker impedance: 6 ohms-16 ohms
Analog audio inputs: Ten L/R (line), L/R phono (MM), 5.1-channel analog
Digital audio inputs: Three coaxial, four TosLink optical
Analog audio outputs: Four L/R (2xL/R record, L/R Zone1, L/R Zone2, L/R Zone 3), one 7.1-channel preamp out, headphones, Eleven pair speaker terminals
Digital output: One TosLink optical
Video inputs: Seven composite or S-video, three component, four HDMI
Video outputs: Two composite or S-video, one composite-only zone 2, one component, one HDMI
Other: Setup microphone, two 12V trigger, RS 232, IR in/out, IEC power connection, antenna (AM/FM/ XM), iPod Dock input
Dimensions: 17-1/8" x 6-3/4" x 17-1/4" (W x H x D)
Weight: 38.4 lbs

9I7A3816.jpg

9I7A3935.jpg

9I7A3938.jpg

9I7A3940.jpg

9I7A3944.jpg

9I7A3945.jpg

9I7A3968.jpeg

9I7A3950.jpg

9I7A3979.jpg

9I7A3976.jpeg

9I7A3969.jpeg

9I7A3970.jpeg

9I7A3760.jpeg

9I7A3743.jpg

9I7A3744.jpg

9I7A3745.jpg

9I7A3742.jpg

9I7A3865.jpg

9I7A3864.jpg

9I7A3869.jpg

9I7A3890.jpg

9I7A3896.jpg

9I7A3898.jpg

9I7A3900.jpg

9I7A3910.jpg

9I7A3915.jpg

9I7A3921.jpg

9I7A3923.jpg

9I7A3924.jpg

9I7A3934.jpg

9I7A3703.jpg

9I7A3710.jpg

9I7A3713.jpg

9I7A3711.jpg

9I7A3718.jpg

9I7A3719.jpg

9I7A3831.jpg

9I7A3832.jpg

9I7A3833.jpg

9I7A3837.jpg

9I7A3839.jpg

9I7A3844.jpg

9I7A3845.jpg

9I7A3848.jpg

9I7A3851.jpg

9I7A3852.jpg

9I7A3861.jpg

9I7A3860.jpg

9I7A3653.jpg

9I7A3654.jpg

9I7A3664.jpg

9I7A3665.jpg

9I7A3641.jpg

9I7A3644.jpg

9I7A3647.jpg

9I7A3649.jpg

9I7A3651.jpg

9I7A3931.jpg

9I7A3932.jpg

9I7A3615.jpg

9I7A3619.jpg

9I7A3616.jpg

9I7A3617.jpg

9I7A3621.jpg

9I7A3607.jpg

9I7A3609.jpg

_I7A3603.jpg

9I7A3612.jpg

9I7A3720.jpg

9I7A3724.jpg

9I7A3726.jpg

9I7A3731.jpg

9I7A3728.jpg

9I7A3730.jpg

9I7A3951.jpg

9I7A3952.jpg

9I7A3953.jpg

9I7A3957.jpg

9I7A3954.jpg

9I7A3956.jpg

9I7A3763.jpg

9I7A3767.jpg

9I7A3769.jpg

9I7A3771.jpg

9I7A3774.jpg

9I7A3777.jpg

9I7A3783.jpg

9I7A3784.jpg

9I7A3786.jpg

9I7A3906.jpg

9I7A3907.jpg

9I7A3889.jpg

9I7A3888.jpg

9I7A3790.jpg

9I7A3792.jpg

9I7A3732.jpg

9I7A3737.jpg

9I7A3738.jpg

9I7A3675.jpg

9I7A3677.jpg

9I7A3672.jpg

9I7A3671.jpg

9I7A3673.jpg

9I7A3679.jpg

9I7A3680.jpg

9I7A3681.jpg

9I7A3683.jpg

9I7A3684.jpg

9I7A3685.jpg

9I7A3637.jpg

9I7A3640.jpg

9I7A3629.jpg

9I7A3628.jpg

9I7A3623.jpg

9I7A3885.jpg

9I7A3883.jpg

9I7A3889.jpg

9I7A3961.jpg

9I7A3960.jpg

9I7A3903.jpg

9I7A3905.jpg

9I7A3902.jpg

9I7A3871.jpg

9I7A3874.jpg

9I7A3875.jpg

9I7A3876.jpg

9I7A3819.jpg

9I7A3795.jpg

9I7A3793.jpg

9I7A3801.jpg

9I7A3798.jpg

9I7A3799.jpg

9I7A3806.jpg

9I7A3803.jpg

9I7A3807.jpg

9I7A3808.jpg

9I7A3811.jpg

9I7A3810.jpg

9I7A3886.jpg

image.png

image.png

image.png

9I7A3827.jpg

9I7A3815.jpg

9I7A3829.jpg

IMG_1016.thumb.jpg.80f37e003bc0f455db3221c3d5919f85.jpg

9I7A3814.jpg

9I7A3812.jpg

9I7A3821.jpg

image.png

IMG_8222.jpg

Edited by Eagleeyes
  • Like 7

Guest scumbag
8 minutes ago, BATMAQN said:

Has to be the biggest ad so far on SNA had to have a dinner break in between.:winky::winky:

Do you have a wife @Eagleeyes?

Needs a half time intermission. I was busting to go to the toilet by the end. GLWS.

???

I had 500 Cd's lying around and I thought........................That's a few dollars taking up space I could use.

Holy #$%^ how much money have you had tied up lying around gathering dust.     ??

GLWTS and buying a new car with the proceeds.

Regards Cazzesman

• Like 1

Hi all fellow SNA'ers

Its taken a week or so to put together and was not sure if this way with a humorous title would work better than individual adverts, its a lot of stuff and it takes up a lot of my house and I did not even think I had so much sitting around the place.

I apologise to the mods/ moderators  as it would have been a lot to digest in one go and for creating a short link to the Audio visual pages and for getting myself warned for white anting,

@Marc @wolster @candyflip etc It was not intended in any way I just did not think you would want half the advert on the other thread as well. Anyway thanks for looking and any feedback welcomed and I will calm my enthusiasm down now its up and running.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hazzzy said:

Just my humble opinion Adam.

Mabey a lot of separate adds so people don't have to go thru the whole add looking at stuff they may not be interested in.

Great gear.

True I had to go one way or the other, maybe a lesson learnt.?

My feedback, and merely a suggestion, would be remove all the review text and replace with a hyperlink (even that's prob not needed), it's simply overwhelming and hard to navigate in its current form.

Oh and I'd like to offer 5 brass razoos for the 66th item from the top of thread ;)

Amazing collection of equipment, glwts.

• Like 1

Can I please grab:

Audio Synergy 2 into 4 channel rca component built by Clifford De Souza lets you put 2 inputs into the box and outputs to 4 rca components .Very well built and high quality components $150

Pioneer DV676A Super audio SACD / DVD AUDIO / DVD player was an entry level beast for SACD in its time. $95

Thanks