Sign in to follow this  
candyflip

SOLD: FS: A Quick Back Nine (s/hand vintage vinyl gems to start the week)

Item full name and model etc. ...see below for individual details
Location ... Melbourne
Item condition description ... varies as detailed below (Standard SNA/Goldmine gradings)
Price and price conditions ...as specified below
Reason for selling ... latest finds
Payment/delivery Methods:  NO PICKUPS SORRY - mail only.

Bank transfers, or PayPal (Friends & Family only, no notes) are both welcome.

STUFF YOU NEED TO KNOW:

Once all sold (or near to), a donation to SNA of 5% of items total will follow.
        Any titles here get brand new inner and/or outer sleeves as needed before shipping.
        I try and ship 3-4 days a week.

THE SMALL PRINT:

I fully guarantee everything I offer  - if you don't like any item for whatever reason, return it at my expense, no questions asked (verified 30 day+ active Forum members only thanks)..
       Original contents are stored inside the cover. I try to ship all records themselves outside the cover, so any postal damage is minimised.
       I use new & s/hand pre-made cardboard mailers for all orders, and these virtually guarantee safe arrival of your record (they are also MUCH faster to pack).
       Combined postage to anywhere in Australia at cost (or close enough) and is EXTRA (ie. not included in prices). 
      ABSOLUTELY NO LOCAL PICKUPS - don't ask - it's not going to happen.
I just don't have the time, sorry. I'm barely at home as it is though, and have no wish to be here waiting around for hours at a time.
Lastly - I'm not a shop. There are no credit card facilities and this is not my full-time job (though sometimes it feels like it might be!).  It's a hobby we all love, where I will try to make sure that *everyone* wins. 
Complain to me loudly if anything goes wrong (although it barely ever does) - and it'll be fixed, in your favour. :)

Post in this thread  to reserve your item(s).

NB:  CONSERVATIVE GRADING… cover first / record grade 2nd
OG = 'OriGinal pressing'

OIS = 'Original Inner Sleeve'

320/RL/MASTERDISK = refers to mastering engineer(s) initials for tracking who mastered what, where and when.

Dire Straits – Brothers in Arms – US 1995 double MASTERDISK 'RL' mastered (9 25264-1) VG/VG+. The cover is great but for some bumped corners, a little rubbing bottom edge front, some small dirty marks along the spine and a 3cm tear on the spine itself. The OIS is clean, whole and looking good. The wax, though marked, plays beautifully without noise except between tracks and given an ultrasonic clean (I haven't' cleaned this one), it should be near-perfect.  $35

Alice Coltrane - A Monastic Trio - US 2014 gatefold reissue VINYL LP (B0019962-01) NM/VG++. Looks brand new, and plays like it. Wonderful gatefold in thick card stock. Fantastic record that is very clean and jet black glossy wax with only light imperfections visible under very strong overhead light.   $25

IMG_0642.JPG

Sade - Promise - 1985 US repress in factory shrink (FR 40263) VG++/NM. Remarkable copy still in 98% factory shrink, a sticker residue top right on shrink, and the hype sticker intact also on shrink top right front. Else little to no wear anywhere, the OIS fantastic, and the wax as fresh as a new copy. Superb.  $40

Bert Jansch – Rosemary Jane – US OG 1971 Pittman press (Reprise 6455) VG+/VG++. Good cover with some age wear to colour, slight ringing, but otherwise textured sleeve looks really good. Paper OIS is crinkled, but there and whole. Wax has some light hairlines under overhead lights, but plays great throughout, typical of this age wax. An ultra sonic treatment could make this perfect I suspect, but it's pretty remarkable sounding now.  $30

Genesis – Nursery Cryme – 1971 German pressed ‘320’ mastering in gatefold (6369 916) VG+/VG+. Awesome original cover with only light edgewear to be found, little nick out of top right front corner. Original German store price sticker in place top right front. Gatefold inside is very clean. Back has nothing to mention. Plain white paper inner. Wax is marked around the deadwax and rim only - music sections are all beautiful.  $40

Genesis – Trespass – German 70’s reissue press ‘320’ mastering  Laminated Gatefold, Large Mad Hatter Labels (6369 905) VG+/VG+. Cover is fantastic back and front, only tiniest edge wrinkles but 99% of the laminate is as it was created. Price sticker top right front. Inside gatefold is browning and spotting now, else clean and straight. Plain white paper OIS and suspect it's original. The wax is glossy, deep black and has just edge markings to be seen.   $35

IMG_0641.JPG

SOLD

Alice Coltrane - Universal Consciousness - US 2015 gatefold VINYL LP reissue (B0020980-01) VG++/VG++.  First time vinyl reissue.  Originally release on Impulse! in 1971, Coltrane's transcendent album explores organ and strings for the first time, effectively dissolving the line between free jazz and new age music.  Great cover with just slight corner bump bottom right front, else as new. Wax is also almost unplayed - close to new. 

Matrix / Runout (Side A): SV-070-A

Matrix / Runout (Side B): SV-070-B

$25

Rolling Stones – Tattoo You – US OG double MASTERDISK 'RL' in factory shrink (COC 16052) VG++/NM. In 98% of original tight factory shrink, original price sticker top right front cover (on shrink), and hype sticker just below it looking fantastic, also w/ brilliant condition hard cardboard OIS with no wear. Slight wear to corners of cover under shrink, and at opening, else the spine is completely legible and the rest like new. Wax looks near new and plays like it, with that famous Ludwig mastering driving it through - superb sound.  $50

Genesis – Selling England By The Pound – UK late 70’s pressing on Charisma 'Mad Hatter' labels w/OIS (CAS 1074) VG++/NM. Just gorgeous cover with only lightest marks, no rings front or back, very clean. Insert is really nice and clean. Poly lined inner sleeve is somewhat aged and off-white, but complete and very good indeed. The wax is absolutely superb and could have been cut yesterday.  $40

I’ll take the following if available 

Rolling Stones Tattoo You

Sade Promise

Genesis Selling England by the Pound

Regards 

sam 

Jesus you have to be fast 

Sade if rolls over please

6 hours ago, Eagleeyes said:

Jesus you have to be fast 

Sade if rolls over please

Sade still available - PM me Adam.

the 2 Alice Coltrane's please Jon

19 hours ago, zippi said:

the 2 Alice Coltrane's please Jon

Sorry Z - only 1 left.

I am more interested in the UC, so if available

19 hours ago, zippi said:

I am more interested in the UC, so if available

That's the one that's gone - sorry.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By jazzdog@groovemasters
      Item: 280 classical LPs most pictured below. Majority are World Record Club pressings, see photos below.
      Price: $149.00 NOW $129.00 NOW $109.00 NOW $99.00
      Item Condition: VG or better many are VG+ for media. Same for most covers 
      Reason for selling: downsizing/cull
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, bank transfer 
      Extra Info: can drop off for North west suburbs buyers (Moggill to Chermside  within reason). Have more photos which can be emailed. A donation of 10% of the final sale price will be made to SNA on completion of the sale.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By candyflip
      * Location ... Melbourne
      * Item condition description ...see below (Standard SNA gradings)
      * Price and price conditions ...*** SLASHED ***  one time only...
      * Reason for selling ...CLEAR OUT...buy 'em for you, buy em for someone you love, put a few away for Xmas for the kids, but grab them NOW.
      * Payment/delivery Methods:  NO PICKUPS SORRY - mail only.

Bank transfers, or PayPal (ONLY if you pick up the 3-4% fee they will whack me).

STUFF YOU NEED TO KNOW:
              Once all sold (or near to), a donation to SNA of 5% of the total sold will follow.         All titles here get brand new inner and outer sleeves before shipping.          I try and ship 5 days a week.  
      THE SMALL PRINT:
      ·         I fully guarantee everything I offer  - if you don't like any item for whatever reason, return it at my expense, no questions asked (verified 30 day+ active Forum members only thanks).. ·         Original contents are stored inside the cover. I try to ship all records outside the cover and inner paper sleeves, so any postal damage is minimised. ·         I use new pre-made cardboard mailers for smaller orders, and these virtually guarantee safe arrival of your record (they are also MUCH faster to pack). ·         Combined postage to anywhere in Australia at cost (or close enough). 
              ABSOLUTELY NO LOCAL PICKUPS - don't ask - it's not going to happen.
      I just don't have the time, sorry. I'm barely at home as it is though, and have no wish to be here waiting around for hours at a time.  
      Lastly - I'm not a shop. I don't have credit card facilities and I don't do this full time (though sometimes it feels like I might!). It's a hobby I love, where I try to make damn sure that *everyone* wins. Complain to me loudly if anything goes wrong (although it barely ever does) - and I'll fix it.  

NB:  CONSERVATIVE GRADING… cover first / record grade 2nd

Anita O’day – sings for Oscar  NM/NM  $15
      Bad meets Evil (Eminem) – hell the sequel  NM/NM  $15
      * Gryffles *  Bjork – telegram (one little indian TPLP51TDMM) very limited numbered  NM/NM   $60
      Bonjah – beautiful wild  NM/NM   $12
      Brian Wilson – reimagines Gershwin limited edition NM/NM  $25   
      Bullet for my Valentine – temper temper  NM/NM  $12
      * betocool *   Calexico: spiritoso  (played twice,doesn't have the cd) RSD release  NM/NM   $18 
      Charlotte Gainsbourg – irm  NM/NM  $12    
      Fame (Jap press)  NM/NM  $12
      * betocool *   Franz Ferdinand – blood  NM/NM  $12
      * betocool *   Franz Ferdinand – right thoughts right words right action  NM/NM  $12
      Jessica lea Mayfield – tell me  NM/NM  $15
      Lissie – my wild west  Orange Vinyl  NM/NM   $15
      * Gryffles *    Lucinda Williams: ramblin' on my mind  NM/NM $18
      * Gryffles *    Lucinda Williams:happy woman blues  NM/NM   $18
      * anthony vinyl * Magnolia electric co- trials & errors (2lp)  NM/NM $25
      Mayer Hawthorn – how do you do  NM/NM  $12
      Of Mice and Men – restoring force Grey marbled vinyl  NM/NM  $12
      Reigning Sound: live at goner records  NM/NM   $15
      Robbie Robertson – how to become clairvoyant  NM/NM  $15
      * Gryffles *   Ryan Adams: ten songs from live at carnegie hall  (played twice) NM/NM    $18  
      * Gryffles *   Songs : Ohia - didn't it rain (2lp)   NM/NM   $25
      * Gryffles *   Songs : Ohia - Magnolia Electric co- self titled (2lp) NM/NM $28
      The Black Heart Procession: the spell - NM/NM   $15
      The Inner Flame -  a tribute to rainer ptacek   NM/NM  $15
      UB40 – A Labour of Love  UK original  NM/NM  $12
      * RLDK *  Wet – don’t you  NM/NM  $12
      You + me – Rose ave (Pink!)  NM/NM  $12
      * anthony vinyl *  New Orleans Funk – the original sound of funk 1960 – 75 triple vinyl set  NM/NM  $18                                            
      Tommy Castro – Painkiller     NM/NM  $12                                                                                          
      * RLDK *  Willie Nelson, Wynton Marsalis – Two men with the blues   NM/NM  $15

• By candyflip
      * Location ... Melbourne
      * Item condition description ...see below (Standard SNA gradings)
      * Price and price conditions ...see below 
      * Reason for selling ...CD's I can't use - perhaps you can?
      Bank transfers, or PayPal (ONLY if you pick up the 3-4% fee they will whack me).
      STUFF YOU NEED TO KNOW:
              Once all sold (or near to), a donation to SNA of 5% of the total sold will follow.          I try and ship 5 days a week. THE SMALL PRINT:
      ·         I fully guarantee everything I offer  - if you don't like any item for whatever reason, return it at my expense, no questions asked (verified 30 day+ active Forum members only thanks).. ·        Combined postage to anywhere in Australia at cost (or close enough).        ABSOLUTELY NO LOCAL PICKUPS - don't ask - it's not going to happen.

I just don't have the time, sorry. I'm barely at home as it is though, and have no wish to be here waiting around for hours at a time. Lastly - I'm not a shop. I don't have credit card facilities and I don't do this full time (though sometimes it feels like I might!). It's a hobby I love, where I try to make damn sure that *everyone* wins. Complain to me loudly if anything goes wrong (although it barely ever does) - and I'll fix it.  

NB:  CONSERVATIVE GRADING… cover first /CD grade 2nd

** Simo8989 **  Nirvana – Nirvana (Best Of) – used and VG/G+, plays well throughout.  $2
      ** Colinm1 **   Sigur Ros – Takk – very lightly marked disc, slightly worn spine edge, digipak, VG+/VG+  $5
      ** Simo8989 **  Neil Young – Greatest Hits (Original Master Mixes of 16 Classic Tracks)  very lightly marked disc, VG+/VG+   $5
      ** DeanB **    Fleetwood Mac – Rumours (AUS press), VG++ cover, NM disc with no marks at all.  $6
      ** Rondine ** The Cure – Seventeen Seconds (AUS press, 825 354-2) VG cover, VG++ disc with only lightest marks. $6
      The Avalanches – Since I Left You  (AUS 2nd press, MODCD014). NM/VG++ with only the tiniest finger marks  $8
      ** Rondine **  Beastie Boys – The In Sound from Way Out  ( AUS digipak ) VG/VG, plays perfectly.  $2
      Presidents of the United States – LUMP cd single in card, VG+/VG+, light wear.  $1
      Live – Lightning Crashes (AUS CD single) quite rare, but very marked up disc and cover, VG/G.  $2
      House of Pain – Jump Around (AUS CD single) card foldout, VG+/VG, worn disc. $3
      Nirvana – Lithium (AUS CD single), VG+/NM, disc is near new.  $3
      Silverchair – Tomorrow (AUS cd single 4 track), VG+/VG+, disc is great with light wear, case broken but insert fine.  $3
      Oasis – Wonderwall (AUS CD single 4 trk), VG/VG wear to card cover and disc.   $2
      Offspring – Come Out And Play (AUS 3 trk CD single)  VG/VG++, disc has one small mark, CD case marked up
      ** Soundfan **    Elbow – Cast of Thousands (2 CD pack)  VG+/NM. $4
      ** Soundfan **  Elbow – Build a Rocket Boys! (AUS press) Sealed, Mint  $6
      ** Simo8989 **  Massive Attack – Collected , VG+/VG++, lightest marks only on disc   $5
      ** Monty **   Prince – 1999 (German press), VG+/VG++, lightest marks only on disc   $5

Part 2 tomorrow night
    • By candyflip
      * Location ... Melbourne
      * Price and price conditions ...as specified below
      * Reason for selling ...Your weekly hand-picked suggestions.

Bank transfers, or PayPal (Friends & Family only, no notes) are both welcome.

STUFF YOU NEED TO KNOW:
              Once all sold (or near to), a donation to SNA of 5% of the total sold will follow.         All titles here get brand new inner and outer sleeves before shipping.         I try and ship 5 days a week.  
      THE SMALL PRINT:
             I fully guarantee everything I offer  - if you don't like any item for whatever reason, return it at my expense, no questions asked (verified 30 day+ active Forum members only thanks)..        Original contents are stored inside the cover. I try to ship all records outside the cover and inner paper sleeves, so any postal damage is minimised.        I use new pre-made cardboard mailers for smaller orders, and these virtually guarantee safe arrival of your record (they are also MUCH faster to pack).        Combined postage to anywhere in Australia at cost (or close enough). 
      Lastly - I'm not a shop. I don't have credit card facilities and I don't do this full time (though sometimes it feels like I might!). It's a hobby I love, where I try to make damn sure that *everyone* wins. Complain to me loudly if anything goes wrong (although it barely ever does) - and I'll fix it.  

The Church – The Blurred Crusade - AUS original 1st pressing (PCSO 7585) VG/VG. With 1st press embossed cover, and Robert Ludwig MASTERDISK mastering (deadwax). No inner. Cover has edge bends/splits, edgwear and some light ringwear showing on front. Wax is showing some marks, sounds great though, with just a little noise on entries, but not distracting. A very desirable pressing.  $20

The Church - Starfish - Australian original pressing (RML 53266) NM/VG++. With original inner. Nice cover with virtually no wear. The record shows some light marks only, and plays NM. Really nice original example that is exceedingly hard to find these days.   $40

The Church - Gold Afternoon Fix - Spanish pressing (Arista - 210541) Strong VG/VG+. Plain white inner. Good cover, just a few tiny marks on front and some sticker residue along the back left hand side near the opening. The wax looks lovely and plays beautifully throughout.  $35

Midnight Oil - Blue Sky Mining - Spanish pressing (465653 1) Strong VG/VG+. Cover is great but for some sticker residue across the top front, and just a bit on the back. Original colour lyric inner. The wax has some light marks, but plays NM and sounds great.  $22

Everything But The Girl - The Language of Life - German pressing (BYN 21) VG+/VG+. Looks and plays great. With perfect colour lyric inner. The cover has some very light edgwear only, and a little name written inside the opening (not visible from outside). Wax shows some light hairlines in bright overhead light, but plays lovely throughout. Hard to find locally $38

Dire Straits - On Every Street - Spanish 1991 original (510 160-1) VG+/VG. Cover is great but for some edgewear, tiny splits. Really nice original lyric inner.  The wax has some hairlines/marks and plays nicely with a little noise in the quiter passages. Really hard to find this one in any kind of playable condition, locally.  $22 

****  SOLD BEFORE  ***     Chris Isaak - Self Titled - USA pressed original (1-25536) VG+/VG+. Mastered by Ken Perry at K-DISC (deadwax both sides). With single sided original B&W inner. Sleeve has a minor cut-out bottom right front (same through the inner), else virtually spotless. The wax plays with enormous power and is a tour-de-force from 'KP'.  $45

Alan Parsons Project - The Best Of.. - US 1983 Club Edition, Remastered, Gatefold (AL8-8193) VG+/VG. Lovely gatefold with just a little wear, no sticker on front (and no residue), just the lovely art. The record has a slight warp on track 1 of both sides, so you'll need a heavy tracking cart. SQ is great though and plays well in-track. A few light marks, but shiny and bright. Take it at cost price to import...  $20

The Stone Roses - Self Titled - rare Australian original gatefold pressing (ORE LP 502) VG+/VG+. Awesome gatefold original with virtually no wear (a hint of ringwear on the back the worst I can find). The record is similar - shows some very light marks, but plays faultlessly, and with zero noise. Incredible record and a super pressing.  $100

Paul Kelly And The Coloured Girls - Gossip - Aus pressed gatefold 2LP original (L45961/2) VG+/VG+. I'm saying VG+ here, but you know my gradings..this is as close to NM as you'll find this title anymore, which is 9 times out 10 beat to hell, in the wild. This gatefold is clean and beautiful but for some light marks on the back only. The two records are as new and play beautifully. I've always love the mastering job on this record and this one plays with awesome SQ.  $60

Spain - The Blue Moods of Spain - rare 1st time on vinyl 2012 pressing of the 1995 classic (OVLP-30) SEALED MINT. 180gm Translucent Blue vinyl Ltd Ed. You *never* see this in this country (at least, I never have, and I look a lot). For those that know it, a GRAIL of the highest order. Fresh as the day it was minted and ready to be ripped open and played by a devotee.  $120

New York Dolls - 'Too Much Too Soon' US press (Mercury - SRM-1-1001) VG+/NM, inner sleeve there as well, sleeve still in shrink. New York glam rock outfit at their finest. DISCOUNTED ____>>>> $65

• By candyflip
      * Location ... Melbourne
      * Price and price conditions ...as specified below
      * Reason for selling ...Your weekly hand-picked suggestions.

Bank transfers, or PayPal (Friends & Family only, no notes) are both welcome.

STUFF YOU NEED TO KNOW:
              Once all sold (or near to), a donation to SNA of 5% of the total sold will follow.         All titles here get brand new inner and outer sleeves before shipping.         I try and ship 5 days a week.  
      THE SMALL PRINT:
             I fully guarantee everything I offer  - if you don't like any item for whatever reason, return it at my expense, no questions asked (verified 30 day+ active Forum members only thanks)..        Original contents are stored inside the cover. I try to ship all records outside the cover and inner paper sleeves, so any postal damage is minimised.        I use new pre-made cardboard mailers for smaller orders, and these virtually guarantee safe arrival of your record (they are also MUCH faster to pack).        Combined postage to anywhere in Australia at cost (or close enough). 

New York Dolls - 'Too Much Too Soon' US press (Mercury - SRM-1-1001) VG++/NM, innersleeve only just vg+ condition, but the sleeve is still in 98% factory shrink (right to the opeing edge). New York glam rockers at their finest. The cover is really nice and is as beautiful as you are likely to find an original anywhere. The record has some marks, but plays like a new copy. Superb original.  $80

Screaming Trees - 'Uncle Anesthesia' OG (Epic - E46800) VG+/NM  US 1991 original 1st pressing, no OIS so just VG+ for the cover. Super nice, and super hard to find OG. The record is clear and perfect.  $120

Screaming Trees - 'Sweet Oblivion' OG (Epic - 471724 1) NM/NM, with OIS, European original 1st pressing. Wowsers - never see this *anywhere*. Plays beautifully, looks perfect.  If you've always chased a grunge-era original, this one will do it.  $140

AIR – 'Pocket Symphony' – Double white vinyl gatefold (009463857221-3). Mint/Mint. Sealed and Brand NEW.   $45

The Necks – 'Vertigo' 2015 import on their US label (52725 03552) Mint/Mint. Sealed new press. Like many of its predecessors, 'Vertigo' runs as one uninterrupted track, with 44 minutes roughly split between two interwoven movements. It does, however, break from the past by increasing the role of roaring electric guitar (played by drummer Tony Buck) and wafting-and-hiccupping synthesizers and electronic accessories (played by pianist Chris Abrahams). Unlike most of their albums, however, this one IS available on vinyl, thank god. Grab it, before it too becomes as rare as their talent. $45

The next section... I've had a good look around for original US factory-shrunk pressings in Australia, because they fascinate me ('how can something made more than 40 years ago make it through this careless modern life, intact?')...
      Let me tell you - when you do find them (very rarely) they are inevitably titles you couldn't GIVE away, from artist's you've not heard of, or they are both prohibitvely and unreasonably expensive. 
      This lot of records below hopefully addresses all 3 of those pre-conditions for you.....

*@#*#@*#*@  RARE US VINTAGE Original pressings - still in original Factory Shrink, condition as marked (vinyl assumed to be at least 'NM', but can vary and cannot be checked) and fairly obviously VERY limited to one copy only... *@#*#@*#*@

>>Frank Sinatra - 'She Shot Me Down' (Reprise Records - FS 2305)  Features of course the great version of the Sonny Bono-penned title track. This was the final album Sinatra recorded for the record label he founded, Reprise Records, and is generally considered an artistic triumph that evokes the best of Sinatra during this stage of his career. 'She Shot Me Down' harks back to the triumphs of Sinatra's Capitol years, a thought-provoking set of torch songs with soaring strings, lyrics fraught with loss and regret, and heart-rending, world-weary vocals. This is a factory-sealed original vintage US 1981 pressing, slight marks/tears to the shrink, looks new though, so obviously rare to find in this country.    $55

>>Skyhooks - 'Ego Is Not A Dirty Word' (Mercury - SRM-1-1066) Factory sealed original 1975 vintage US pressing, slight marks/tears to the shrink and cutout corner bottom right front, otherwise looks as new. Who'll be the first to tear the shrink open on this ancient (and very important) Australian glam/rock classic?    $45

>>The Rocky Horror Picture Show Movie Cast - 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show Soundtrack' (Ode Records - OSV-21653) Factory sealed original 1975 vintage US pressing, no marks, looks as new. I've compared the AUS original, and the various modern red vinyl repressings to these US original pressing on ODE Records, and the USA press is STREETS ahead, most noticeably on tracks like my favourite, "I'm Going Home". A near perfectly preserved piece of authentic 70's rock history.   $60

>>Boston - 'Third Stage' (MCA Records - MCA-6188) Factory sealed original 1986 vintage US gatefold pressing, small spine overstock cut, Hype sticker on front. Probably their best, most progressive album musically, and features the killer harmonies of hit single, 'Amanda' amongst others. A nice find.  $40

_____________________________________________________________________________

and some more tomorrow night.......