Sign in to follow this  
MKSOUND_HT

Requiring Surround Processor / Bluray player with Analog out (new)

Hey all,
Just trying to work out a surround processor / bluray player with analog out (and volume control)

I used to use an Oppo bluray player BPD103A since most of the content will be through netflix but I wanted to get a new unit this time round.

Since Oppo units don't seem to be available anymore the only options I could find would be maybe a Panasonic Bluray player for around $550 with analog out.

Predominantly the theatre will be used through streaming from Netflix and an occasional bluray movie.

Just looking for some sub $1000 concepts for a surround processor (will still need a media player of some sort if I got a dedicated Surround Processor)

I use a Pana UB900 which works well for this purpose but no digital volume control.  I output its analogue outs to a Korsun D9 5.1 pre/power amp with volume control.  I really dont miss the merry go round routine of updating a receiver for this purpose. Like you, i watch a bit of netflix and the odd bluray or two.

Thanks very much for the information. I was thinking about buying an Emotiva MC700 and then using an Xbox One as my main streaming device.

Did you possibly have more info on your Korsun Preamp?

new Panasonic UB 820 or a used UB 9000

heaps of images online - google Korsun/Dussun D9 5.1.  There are jumper pins on the right hand side of the amp, where you can remove them, essentially running the unit as either a preamp or power amp.  It weighs a ton - 25kgs with massive heatsinks on the sides.  130w x 5 from memory.  Also, the .1 sub out has a preamp function to attenuate or increase the input gain to the sub's input.  Plus it has a metal remote too, which is handy to switch inputs from 5.1 x2, 2.1 x7 inputs..  Display is dimmable :)

Edited by Porkbuns69

Thanks for all the suggestions. I was thinking of running the following combo:

Emotiva MC-700
Emotiva BASX A-700

I would only be driving a set of Q acoutics Concept 40 floorstanding speakers and a set of Concept 20 bookshelf speakers (with a concept center speaker).

Just wondering what the power rating might be for say 5 channels driven on the BASX A-700 since it was 80w for 7 channels.

It would be nice having matching Emotiva gear

I think the Processor from Emotiva is pretty much locked in, the only thing is choosing between:

AMC 25100MKII 100W RMS 5-Channel Multi-Channel Power Amplifier

and

Emotiva BASX A-700

I am only going to use 5 channels so i'm not sure I will need the extra 2 channels, and the AMC amp seems to have a bit more ompph behind it.

Now I am considering going upto a Emotiva BASX A5175 for a bit more ommphh