Requiring Surround Processor / Bluray player with Analog out (new)

Hey all,
Just trying to work out a surround processor / bluray player with analog out (and volume control)

I used to use an Oppo bluray player BPD103A since most of the content will be through netflix but I wanted to get a new unit this time round.

Since Oppo units don't seem to be available anymore the only options I could find would be maybe a Panasonic Bluray player for around $550 with analog out.

Predominantly the theatre will be used through streaming from Netflix and an occasional bluray movie.

Just looking for some sub $1000 concepts for a surround processor (will still need a media player of some sort if I got a dedicated Surround Processor)

I use a Pana UB900 which works well for this purpose but no digital volume control.  I output its analogue outs to a Korsun D9 5.1 pre/power amp with volume control.  I really dont miss the merry go round routine of updating a receiver for this purpose. Like you, i watch a bit of netflix and the odd bluray or two.

heaps of images online - google Korsun/Dussun D9 5.1.  There are jumper pins on the right hand side of the amp, where you can remove them, essentially running the unit as either a preamp or power amp.  It weighs a ton - 25kgs with massive heatsinks on the sides.  130w x 5 from memory.  Also, the .1 sub out has a preamp function to attenuate or increase the input gain to the sub's input.  Plus it has a metal remote too, which is handy to switch inputs from 5.1 x2, 2.1 x7 inputs..  Display is dimmable :)

Edited by Porkbuns69

Thanks for all the suggestions. I was thinking of running the following combo:

Emotiva MC-700
Emotiva BASX A-700

I would only be driving a set of Q acoutics Concept 40 floorstanding speakers and a set of Concept 20 bookshelf speakers (with a concept center speaker).

Just wondering what the power rating might be for say 5 channels driven on the BASX A-700 since it was 80w for 7 channels.

It would be nice having matching Emotiva gear

I think the Processor from Emotiva is pretty much locked in, the only thing is choosing between:

AMC 25100MKII 100W RMS 5-Channel Multi-Channel Power Amplifier

and

Emotiva BASX A-700

I am only going to use 5 channels so i'm not sure I will need the extra 2 channels, and the AMC amp seems to have a bit more ompph behind it.

• 6 months later...

I stumbled across the MC-700 and it looks like a "no fuss" solution to those of us who just want half decent sound, 4k switching and 5.1

Looking at replacing my old Pioneer and it seems that if I purchase something new, I'll be getting 11 channels of amps when I only really need 5 and a heap of other stuff I won't use. This could be a good simple way to go with a separate power amp for about the same $$.