Sign in to follow this  
sammatt

SOLD: FS: VPI TNT Mk 2 Turntable & SDS

Item: VPI TNT Mk 2 Turntable with SDS speed controller (reduced price with extras)
Price: $2500 (reduced from $3500)
Item Condition: excellent - see notes
Reason for selling: downsizing
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal
Extra Info:

The TNT series, designed by VPI’s Harry Westfield, is well known for its ability to transform vinyl playback into something very special.  This TNT Mk 2 model presents with authority and weight, reveals the all-important midrange magic, and provides plenty of detail and air.  Ambiance retrieval from good vinyl with an accurate setup is excellent. The package includes the following:

- Turntable, platter, motor, drive bands, and spring-loaded footers

- VPI SDS speed controller (33 rpm only)

- Tone arm board (this is reversible with two mounting holes, one for flush mounting and the other for elevated mounting)

- VPI record clamp

- replacement drive bands

Extras included in price: 

-  Audiomods Classic 2 Tonearm with adjustable VTA mounted with an Ortofon Bronze MM cartridge (as seen in photos)

-  Rega RB250 tonearm with Origin Live adapter, Origin Live VTA adjuster sleeve, with Clear Audio Aurum Beta S Wood MM cartridge

- Pass Labs DIY Pearl Phono Preamp (MM only)

PRICE: $2500 (reduced from $3500)

Note that this controller/motor/drive band combination does not have the torque to start the platter spinning.  A slight manual spin by the user, using the record clamp, is needed as you press the motor’s power button.  It takes only one second.  This solution has worked for many years and has helped preserve the motor and drive bands.

The turntable is available for a no-obligation audition at residence in Newcastle. Set up by an experienced enthusiast or professional is required.

https://www.vpiindustries.com/tnt2 
Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

P1100691.jpg

P1100693.jpg

P1100697.jpg

P1100698.jpg

P1100699.jpg

P1100702.jpg

P1100703.jpg

P1100707.jpg

So what’s the story for 45rpm playback?  You adjust the belt manually or you do it on the SDS?

Gee I’d grab it if it were closer! 

These were up to $ 10k in their day

So how can I get me hands on this TT if still available?

One of the best deal ever seen here in stereonet. Only if I needed another one..... 

Beautiful table at a Garage sale price.

Hi, are you open to ship it to Melbourne?  Does it still have a user manual?  Thanks.

6 hours ago, Chopstick said:

First in best dress ,most importantly the progress must be smooth and easy for the seller 

Read the forum rules. The seller can sell to whomever they choose. First in doesn’t always guarantee you a purchase. 

Anyway great table! GLWTS. 

First in can be best dress if you know how to please the seller , obviously the seller's gonna pick the best deal to suit him 

9 hours ago, Chopstick said:

First in best dress ,most importantly the progress must be smooth and easy for the seller 

3 hours ago, jakeyb77 said:

Read the forum rules. The seller can sell to whomever they choose. First in doesn’t always guarantee you a purchase. 

Anyway great table! GLWTS. 

It's just courtesy to follow it this way unless there is an alternative that is easier for the seller and buyer from a locations point of view.  Either way..... still waiting for the seller to reply back to my msgs 🤞

$$ burning a hole

road trip me thinks

1 hour ago, joz said:

$$ burning a hole

road trip me thinks

Let’s go!! Come on @sammatt 

It would be nice to know what is happening?

I would like to know as well.

My post from Monday night seems to have disappeared.

They were removed 😉 as not necessary.

it looks like if you type that magic phrase the post is automatically hidden. Good news 

Edited by jakeyb77

Thanks to everyone for your interest and responses. I am working through the PMs.  Please be patient.