Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Johnkiwi

Bravia output to analogue?

Recommended Posts

I just purchased a 65" Sony Bravia smart tv, it has rca sockets however only input  - no output, was told it had analogue output - it doesnt...

What do i need to send signal to my analogue McIntosh amp?

 

Found the solution is to take analogue signal from dvd player - lesson I've learned not to take the word of the salesperson...

 

Edited by Johnkiwi
found a solution

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which model exactly?

 

They sometimes have a 3.5mm stereo output jack - have a look for that.

 

Otherwise your options will probably include using the optical output (or even HDMI) to a dac, or bluetooth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 10:22 PM, sakabatou said:

Which model exactly?

 

They sometimes have a 3.5mm stereo output jack - have a look for that.

 

Otherwise your options will probably include using the optical output (or even HDMI) to a dac, or bluetooth

Its 65" smart tv - has specific 'high quality audio' out via HDMI - I connected this to my LG dvd player and output via analogue rca to my amp - the sound is crap, and there's a delay.

Would a better player like an Oppo for example sove the sound quality issue or a DAC inbetween the amp & TV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a lot of Sony 65” models. Knowing the model number might help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Johnkiwi said:

Its 65" smart tv - has specific 'high quality audio' out via HDMI - I connected this to my LG dvd player and output via analogue rca to my amp - the sound is crap, and there's a delay.

Would a better player like an Oppo for example sove the sound quality issue or a DAC inbetween the amp & TV

Knowing the model will help decipher what outputs it has.

 

Feeding via HDMI to a LG DVD player is no good because it has a poor DAC for stereo. Will need a better player like an Oppo 205, Pana UB 9000 or Pioneer LX500 to get better stereo.

 

If it has digital output, then can feed to a DAC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Snoopy8 said:

Knowing the model will help decipher what outputs it has.

 

Feeding via HDMI to a LG DVD player is no good because it has a poor DAC for stereo. Will need a better player like an Oppo 205, Pana UB 9000 or Pioneer LX500 to get better stereo.

 

If it has digital output, then can feed to a DAC.

Its a Sony Bravia KD65X8500G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That has a 3.5mm headphone jack

 

you can use a 3.5mm stereo to 2 rca cable to go direct into your amp

 

it also has an optical out which you could hook into a dac to feed your amp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


3 hours ago, sakabatou said:

E04C377D-6FFB-4E76-A937-C9749A2BBEB9.jpeg

Yeah thanks for that, do you reckon this will be as good as the hdmi via dac - or perhaps even cleaner so to speak?certainly save few bucks - in any event it'll save a few bucks that's for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you can safely bet that the dac in the TV will be ... cheap - IT's up to you to decide if it sounds good enough

A dac via optical is likely to cost you less than one which has an HDMI input (assuming you don't want to get a cheap AVR), and therefore, for the same money outlaid, the optical one will probably sound better.

 

For example, Topping D30 will do the job

https://www.amazon.com.au/Dilvpoetry-Topping-Decoder-Optical-Coaxial/dp/B07CZGYNBJ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=topping+d30&qid=1567579402&s=electronics&sr=1-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have bought the same TV recently. I use the 3.5mm headphone output  and  a 3.5mm - RCA (Red/White) cable connected to a small SMSL amplifier. Speakers are DIY Pioneer TS-G1615 car speakers mounted to a speaker enclosure. Quality is quite decent to my ears.

Edited by Music & HT lover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...