Sign in to follow this  
Johnkiwi

Bravia output to analogue?

I just purchased a 65" Sony Bravia smart tv, it has rca sockets however only input  - no output, was told it had analogue output - it doesnt...

What do i need to send signal to my analogue McIntosh amp?

Found the solution is to take analogue signal from dvd player - lesson I've learned not to take the word of the salesperson...

Edited by Johnkiwi
found a solution

Which model exactly?

They sometimes have a 3.5mm stereo output jack - have a look for that.

Otherwise your options will probably include using the optical output (or even HDMI) to a dac, or bluetooth

On ‎1‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 10:22 PM, sakabatou said:

Which model exactly?

They sometimes have a 3.5mm stereo output jack - have a look for that.

Otherwise your options will probably include using the optical output (or even HDMI) to a dac, or bluetooth

Its 65" smart tv - has specific 'high quality audio' out via HDMI - I connected this to my LG dvd player and output via analogue rca to my amp - the sound is crap, and there's a delay.

Would a better player like an Oppo for example sove the sound quality issue or a DAC inbetween the amp & TV

There are a lot of Sony 65” models. Knowing the model number might help

1 hour ago, Johnkiwi said:

Its 65" smart tv - has specific 'high quality audio' out via HDMI - I connected this to my LG dvd player and output via analogue rca to my amp - the sound is crap, and there's a delay.

Would a better player like an Oppo for example sove the sound quality issue or a DAC inbetween the amp & TV

Knowing the model will help decipher what outputs it has.

Feeding via HDMI to a LG DVD player is no good because it has a poor DAC for stereo. Will need a better player like an Oppo 205, Pana UB 9000 or Pioneer LX500 to get better stereo.

If it has digital output, then can feed to a DAC.

2 hours ago, Snoopy8 said:

Knowing the model will help decipher what outputs it has.

Feeding via HDMI to a LG DVD player is no good because it has a poor DAC for stereo. Will need a better player like an Oppo 205, Pana UB 9000 or Pioneer LX500 to get better stereo.

If it has digital output, then can feed to a DAC.

Its a Sony Bravia KD65X8500G

That has a 3.5mm headphone jack

you can use a 3.5mm stereo to 2 rca cable to go direct into your amp

it also has an optical out which you could hook into a dac to feed your amp

3 hours ago, sakabatou said:

E04C377D-6FFB-4E76-A937-C9749A2BBEB9.jpeg

Yeah thanks for that, do you reckon this will be as good as the hdmi via dac - or perhaps even cleaner so to speak?certainly save few bucks - in any event it'll save a few bucks that's for sure

I think you can safely bet that the dac in the TV will be ... cheap - IT's up to you to decide if it sounds good enough

A dac via optical is likely to cost you less than one which has an HDMI input (assuming you don't want to get a cheap AVR), and therefore, for the same money outlaid, the optical one will probably sound better.

For example, Topping D30 will do the job

https://www.amazon.com.au/Dilvpoetry-Topping-Decoder-Optical-Coaxial/dp/B07CZGYNBJ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=topping+d30&qid=1567579402&s=electronics&sr=1-1

I have bought the same TV recently. I use the 3.5mm headphone output  and  a 3.5mm - RCA (Red/White) cable connected to a small SMSL amplifier. Speakers are DIY Pioneer TS-G1615 car speakers mounted to a speaker enclosure. Quality is quite decent to my ears.

Edited by Music & HT lover