Sign in to follow this  
HiFi-Man

SOLD: FS: Bowers & Wilkins 804S (Like new)

Item: Bowers & Wilkins 804S
Price: $3500 firm
Item Condition: 10/10 Like new,  not even single hairline scratch.
Reason for selling: Downsizing 
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal(As a friend or Covering paypal fees,  Bank transfer.
Extra Info:

These speakers need no description. Made in England. Its in immaculate condition. Please check the photos and video. 

When I say 'Firm on price',  I mean it. They are damn good speakers and I'm not in a hurry to sell them.

Photos:

20190831_171506.thumb.jpg.4c7c2569fd0dcf9205d1eac3e7fe9bfd.jpg

20190831_171140.thumb.jpg.204819c7fc38494d1aa9c0da37884e7a.jpg

20190831_171225.thumb.jpg.d7f71d8797d1c0d5eb7da1972856c10f.jpg

20190831_171251.thumb.jpg.39d5166c605e2dda49d7cc673da91ecc.jpg

20190831_171159.thumb.jpg.b88f4218daed8ec00db6ccea122b8f76.jpg

20190831_171657.thumb.jpg.d696e0517c7a461919fb3265e9397f43.jpg

20190831_171724.thumb.jpg.800da1120a992328ed4ec0c6e7545b3f.jpg

20190831_171729.thumb.jpg.651473eea0c4924c8301fb56c2eadb0a.jpg

20190831_171745.thumb.jpg.d608ca7a01c875080b1d3f9d7b6f2e25.jpg

20190831_172047.thumb.jpg.ba961787b447718cf7c6835623e487cc.jpg

Video: 

Edited by HiFi-Man

Wow, I cannot believe how good they sound on both amps, I think the Denon wins so full bodied, I inherited a pair of these from my business partner who passed away and I bought them off the estate but I never ever made them sound like this, so I sold and  they were the Nautilus version which I think is the same give or take but your room just makes them sing. What is your floor made of?

Glwts some magic happening in your room.😁😁😁

Hi there - I have a pair of Dynaudio Contour S 5.4 Rosewood  - if your interested in trading up,  I 'm interested in trading down!.   The Dyns are just way too big since I have moved into a small apartment- just a thought .  They would suit your set up well.

Where are you located

Hi there - I have a pair of Dynaudio Contour S 5.4 Rosewood  - if your interested in trading up,  I 'm interested in trading down!.   The Dyns are just way too big since I have moved into a small apartment- just a thought .  They would suit your set up well.

59 minutes ago, warrok said:

That is an amazing deal from you!!, and I always wanted to try good Dynaudio. But unfortunately I'm selling most of my units one by one as we may need to relocate to a different town and probably into an apartment.  Wish if was in a different situation and there was no need for me to think again.  :(

Edited by HiFi-Man

5 hours ago, Eagleeyes said:

Wow, I cannot believe how good they sound on both amps, I think the Denon wins so full bodied, I inherited a pair of these from my business partner who passed away and I bought them off the estate but I never ever made them sound like this, so I sold and  they were the Nautilus version which I think is the same give or take but your room just makes them sing. What is your floor made of?

Glwts some magic happening in your room.😁😁😁

Thankyou :) . Actually this is the worst audio room I ever had. Too much reflections and I feel like some frequencies even cancel each other..or something happening.  My McIntosh is a sweet amplifier but not with these B&W. Both the Denon and My full restored Marantz 2325 sound pretty good and drives them very well. Marantz 2325 is giving 174.8 watts per channel output as per the report from the tech after restoration.

I have tried few other amplifiers also with these but was not that happy, where I felt like they are running flat..even with few powerful amplifiers. It is recommended to use  min 150wpc amplifier with these speakers. Anyway they are damn good speakers in the price range.

Received a good number of response for this listing. Thankyou everyone. :) 

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By gavynz
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Caulfield South State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal, Cash Reason for selling: Upgraded to 700's Price updated 1200.

Further information: 
      Reluctant sale of my 685 s2's and HTM61 S2 center, was going to hold onto the 685's after upgrading to the 700 series, but space is at a premium. 

I've had the 685's since 2015, and the center since 2018.

No damage or any issues whatsover, an would make for an excellent starter home theatre system.

A pair of stands thrown in if wanted (not B&W specific, generic)

• By sum1
      Item Condition: Very Good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: 2209 State: New South Wales Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup, Paypal with fees on the buyer unless sent as a personal payment Reason for selling: NLR Further information: 
      Up for sale is a Bower &Wilkins 686 S2 speaker. 
      Its a relatively slim sized speaker that might suit smaller space
      Condition is still very good as per picture.
      Pickup is preferred but can ship at your own expense and risk. 

Comes with original box and manual.
      Note that there is no rubber feet on it as i used a stand with it and the optional bunghole foam apparently has deteriorated inside the packaging box so its there in the box but i dont think that foam is usable anymore.

Some review can be found on:
      https://robmoores1.wordpress.com/2014/06/03/bowers-and-wilkins-686-s2-small-is-big/

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By mugwampjism
      Hello friends,

I just spontaneously purchased some Bowers and Wilkins DM2000 last week. Honestly, I saw a photo of them on ebay and something just clicked, not at all my usual shopping style. But this is what I imagine when I hear the word "speakers".

So, now of course I am worried that my reciever is going to leave me wondering about needing more power.

While I await delivery, I'm hoping someone can comment on my Yamaha RX-V1800 ability to push them, and/or suggest something more appropriate, at a price that doesn't trigger my wife's attention.

Is the v1800's 140W a true and fair representation of its power?

Currently, I have Wharfdale 9.5 towers, and enjoy listening to them as loud as I can, relative to any particular situation, but haven't really gone full throttle on them. They tend to lose clarity as I approach -0db.

The few references I find to my b&W online, or to similar b&W spkr of that era, seem be unanimous in that they will eat as much power as you can give them, and crave more. Indeed, the b&W spec sheet gives a minimum Wattage, rather than the usual indicators.

What have I got myself into? Further down the rabbit hole? Or is this going to work out just fine?

• By overjp
      Item Condition: brand new, in box. Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: Victoria Payment Method: cash, bank transfer. Reason for selling: unwanted gift. Further information : wireless speaker, part of B&W's Formation home wireless sound system, streams 96/24 bit high-resolution stereo sound, performance tweeters, drivers and an integrated subwoofer, features Formation® Wireless Technology, WiFi, Apple® AirPlay 2®, Spotify® Connect, Roon, and Bluetooth compatible, synchronises in perfected harmony with other B&W Formation products. $1,499 mrrp.

Lots of favourable reviews online, should work nicely in somebody's 'work from home' space. The second image is a stock image.

Would prefer local sale but could ship at buyer's risk and expense.

Photos: 

• By Eugene.cho
      Item Condition: Very Good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Bella Vista State: New South Wales Payment Method: CASH Reason for selling: too many speakers Further information: 

Sweet sounding speakers, a search on google will yield tons of positive reviews. Impressive mid-range especially for vocal. rated 150W Max but they are very easy to drive.  My Onkyo 9130 integrated amp (40W RMS 130W dynamic @8ohm) effortlessly drives them without any distortion at 40% volume. 

Upon close inspection I found a small tear on the rubber rim of one kevlar driver.  Never notice any acoustic compromise though.  

Will include 8 pairs of shock absorption custom spike feet with base  (preinstalled).  

some reviews (the first 2 results on google)

https://www.goodgearguide.com.au/review/bowers_wilkins/dm603_s3/219246/

http://www.audioreview.com/product/speakers/floorstanding-speakers/b-and-w/dm603-s3.html